Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options

Replies

• leadiax3
    leadiax3 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Tattooes r a great, artistic way to express urself. If a sleeve suits u, then do it!
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I think there are always going to be more people who don't like them than people who do. I love them. I like tons of colour. Thinking about getting one myself. Make sure you get a good artist. It's a big commitment and sleeves are very visible. Do your research.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    I like tattoos, no matter where they are on the body :D Providing they're well done and suit the person's look.

i have a half sleeve planned for the next few months, an homage to Tank Girl, not looking forward to the underarm part...

Least of all looking forward to the swelling and rest I'll have to factor in.
  • BEEUK
    BEEUK Posts: 113
    Options
    For inspiration or to find a good artist you could head to Tattoo Jam.

http://www.bigtattooplanet.com/forums/conventions-exhibitions-other-events/26183-tattoo-jam-october-2013-a
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

41 year old girl here... Half sleeves on both arms. No regrets.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

Speak for yourself!!!!!

Go full sleeve, screw the half lol
  • 294Rich
    294Rich Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Just think how good she would look if she hadn't inked her arm. Only saying.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've seen pretty ones, but the majority of the time they just look cheap and trashy, so you have to be careful. Sometimes I get sad when I see what could be a nice body but it's covered up with ugly ink. If the tattoo is good quality and artistic, that's cool, but like I said, most of the time it just looks like some amateur garbage to me. Do your research on your tattoo artist and make sure the design is really what you want. I saw one a few months ago that was gorgeous. :drinker:
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    second the notion. I have a 3/4 sleeve, im 32 and i don't regret it one bit. Who gives a crap what it looks like when I'm old! If my grandkids ask I'll tell them grandma was a bad a** end of story ^_^
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It looks really good on people that are younger, like 45 and under (maybe older depending on your arms). Otherwise think of when you're really old with bat wing arms.... Yikes! Just my opinion... The body wrinkles and ages and we all get that way eventually. You never see pictures of grannies sporting them for a reason. (Nothing "wrong" with it, just not my cup of tea)

Oh really?
    weird+tattoos+and+piercings+3.jpg
    grandma-tattoo-82214732433_xlarge.jpeg
    01-grandma's-tattoo.jpg
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    It looks really good on people that are younger, like 45 and under (maybe older depending on your arms). Otherwise think of when you're really old with bat wing arms.... Yikes! Just my opinion... The body wrinkles and ages and we all get that way eventually. You never see pictures of grannies sporting them for a reason. (Nothing "wrong" with it, just not my cup of tea)

Oh really?
    weird+tattoos+and+piercings+3.jpg
    grandma-tattoo-82214732433_xlarge.jpeg
    01-grandma's-tattoo.jpg

Were you just trying to prove her point? :huh:
  • Harrenhall
    Options
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?
  • bigtwagner
    bigtwagner Posts: 113
    Options
    i have two half sleeves. If you get something meaningful you will not regret it. mine is custom made with very intricate meanings. if you put crap on your body, you will regret it in the future. i have no regrets. i do also agree with the argument of being able to cover them up. if there is any chance that this will hurt future opportunities then maybe this would be a factor. P.S. i dont care what i look like when i get old, so dont listen to those arguments.
  • Harrenhall
    Options
    Not my bag at all, but I also don't see the point of asking what complete strangers think.

You have to live with it when it's done.

Will it change the way some people perceive you? Absolutely.

From my experience this is true, how people perceive you will change, a lot. I don't mind at all, way I look at it, it weeds out the ****s so I don't have to waste time talking to them. It becomes a fantastic talking point for meeting people that are open minded and actually worth talking to

See that's the BS I mentioned yesterday. Just because someone doesn't like "sleeves" doesn't make them closed minded and not worth talking to. You're the close minded one stereotyping that way.

If someone doesn't like your sleeve, who cares? I'm sure many many people don't care for my outfits, my sunglasses or the blunt way I talk. I wouldn't assume they're "close minded." I would just assume we're (ready for this? ****drumroll******) just different. Wow. Amazing world, isn't it? :drinker:

They dismiss me, not the other way around. And I don't have sleeves. I don't look at someone like they have poo on their face and shake my head because I think their blouse looks ridiculous. If someone is going to dismiss me purely for having tattoos, then they are not worth talking to. You should always give people a chance. Dismissing someone on such a thing IS closed minded, no matter how blunt you want to be in your one sided argument. I'd talk to anyone

you show up for an interview in a tshirt and shorts instead of a suit I'll judge you
    you show up to a fancy dinner in the same, I'll judge you the same
    whether you agree or not, the majority of the populace of the world sees tattoos as you showing up in throw-on clothing at a fancy dinner party with your boss.
    we are social creatures, our appearance is important, and what WE DO to our appearance is what matters - tats can be amazing, but they are rarely considered beneficial to our appearance for working purposes

*EDIT*
    and, as a note, the number of people saying something similar to "why worry about how it looks when older, live for now, enjoy your youth" amuse me - we are on a site about changing ourselves for the future, and you are saying don't worry about it?
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?

Actually I have a sleve, both hands, knuckles, full chest and neck tattoos and I can look forward to any career I want. I'm considering doing a Batchelor of learning management to become a high school history teacher, and I know that my state will hire me regardless of how I look or my tattoos assuming I don't have something legitimately offensive. So to suggest anyone with visible tattoos can look forward to being perpetually unemployed or working sh*itty jobs is just rediculous. I would have a harder time finding a job making coffees than in the public education sector, and find it hilarious people would think I am somehow unfit to make coffee but will entrust someone "like me" with the education of the adolescents. It's also pointless to tell people to 'only get tattoos they can cover' when there are products like dermablend on the market. Watch this video and tell me how your only options will be long sleves for the rest of your life.
    http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

I want an attorney that is smart, and good at what they do. An attorney with full sleeves? I don't care.

I don't want an attorney who is ignorant.

I'll let you figure out which one you are.
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    One of the hottest women of crossfit Christmas Abbott :love:

christmas-abbott.jpeg
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options

I want an attorney that is smart, and good at what they do. An attorney with full sleeves? I don't care.

I don't want an attorney who is ignorant.

I'll let you figure out which one you are.

Also this.
    I wouldn't care if the cop who helps me is clean or tattooed, nor would I care if my doctor, nurse, firefighter, paramedic, girl who makes my coffee, child care worker who looks after my kids, architect who designs the house I live in or my freaking accountant. I care about how competent they are, and how well they do their jobs!
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I can appreciate a good custom full sleeve(s) on men and women. I have seen some really incredible work and I think it can definitely add to the sexiness factor. I think full back tat's are even sexier than sleeves on woman.
    However, and this is just my OPINION, women who get full on neck tattoo's, or the cursive writing across the side of their neck look terrible to me. I don't like it, and certainly don't find it nice looking. Again just my opinion but it looks cheap and trashy to me.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Not my bag at all, but I also don't see the point of asking what complete strangers think.

You have to live with it when it's done.

Will it change the way some people perceive you? Absolutely.

From my experience this is true, how people perceive you will change, a lot. I don't mind at all, way I look at it, it weeds out the ****s so I don't have to waste time talking to them. It becomes a fantastic talking point for meeting people that are open minded and actually worth talking to

See that's the BS I mentioned yesterday. Just because someone doesn't like "sleeves" doesn't make them closed minded and not worth talking to. You're the close minded one stereotyping that way.

If someone doesn't like your sleeve, who cares? I'm sure many many people don't care for my outfits, my sunglasses or the blunt way I talk. I wouldn't assume they're "close minded." I would just assume we're (ready for this? ****drumroll******) just different. Wow. Amazing world, isn't it? :drinker:

They dismiss me, not the other way around. And I don't have sleeves. I don't look at someone like they have poo on their face and shake my head because I think their blouse looks ridiculous. If someone is going to dismiss me purely for having tattoos, then they are not worth talking to. You should always give people a chance. Dismissing someone on such a thing IS closed minded, no matter how blunt you want to be in your one sided argument. I'd talk to anyone

you show up for an interview in a tshirt and shorts instead of a suit I'll judge you
    you show up to a fancy dinner in the same, I'll judge you the same
    whether you agree or not, the majority of the populace of the world sees tattoos as you showing up in throw-on clothing at a fancy dinner party with your boss.
    we are social creatures, our appearance is important, and what WE DO to our appearance is what matters - tats can be amazing, but they are rarely considered beneficial to our appearance for working purposes

*EDIT*
    and, as a note, the number of people saying something similar to "why worry about how it looks when older, live for now, enjoy your youth" amuse me - we are on a site about changing ourselves for the future, and you are saying don't worry about it?

I have no clue why you quoted me there, we're talking about completely different things.