New Year Challenge!

Options

Replies

• JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Jen, great Job on losing 3 pounds! :)

Keep it up.

Good luck everyone & I hope everyone have a great day!! :)

Great job as well Kathleen!! Your rocking it out!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Sept 6: 163
    Sept 13: 163
    Sept 20: 165:cry:
    Sept 27:
    Oct 4:
    Oct 11:
    Oct 18:
    Oct 25:
    Nov 1:
    Nov 8:
    Nov 15:
    Nov 22:
    Nov 29:
    Dec 6:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 20:
    Dec 27:
    Jan 3: Goal- 160

Ok, NOT the direction I wanted. However, I'm laying $$ on sodium being the culprit. Friday, Saturday AND Sunday I ate fast food at least once. I didn't do too bad otherwise on the cals, but that fast food (even when I make the better choices!) kills me every time. I am getting in more walking while at work than I have before, and I am doing much better with getting my veggies in (always a struggle because I prefer fruit!). Hopefully I will see those changes on the scale next week.

Here is my challenge to everyone this week: 5 servings of fruits and veggies EVERY day this week! (The fresher the better.) If you want to take part in the 5-a-day challenge this week, just check in with us once a day and tell us how many servings you got in. And you can share any good recipes you used to get them in!
  • JennS19
    Options
    Sodium is a killer Lisa! Hopefully next week you'll see a great loss!! Keep it up
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

Here is my challenge to everyone this week: 5 servings of fruits and veggies EVERY day this week! (The fresher the better.) If you want to take part in the 5-a-day challenge this week, just check in with us once a day and tell us how many servings you got in. And you can share any good recipes you used to get them in!

Ok - sounds good...I gotta get to the grocery store tonight! Thanks for the challenge, Lisa! :bigsmile:
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Oh nice! Love the challenge! Although I just read it and I have only had one serving today. Eh! Shall do better tomorrow cuz I just don't think I will make it today. 3 will be my challenge today! Good luck everyone that participates! Love the idea of a recipe swap too!
  • maynard46
    Options
    Ok I'll do the veggie/fruit challenge. I need to do better in that department, maybe this will help. Sooo do V8 juices count? :huh:
  • HeaterM
    HeaterM Posts: 275
    Options
    I hardly ever eat fruit or vegetable so count me in i need it!
  • lisawest
    Options
    Ok I'll do the veggie/fruit challenge. I need to do better in that department, maybe this will help. Sooo do V8 juices count? :huh:

Wellllll, they are better than nothing! But the ones I've looked at seem to be full of sodium too. I would say (for me!) that 1 or 2 servings of V8 a day would be alright, but not all 5.
  • Oranda
    Oranda Posts: 121
    Options
    I believe there is a low sodium version of V8, but I'm not sure how much sodium that amount actually is.
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good challenge. Today, i ate four. Will get in all five tomorrow!!

I also have a huge problem with salt and ate way too much of it this weekend so will try to cut that down as well. :)
  • deewesash
    deewesash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Checking in.....

Weigh in weeks:
    Sept 6: 184.8
    Sept 13: 184
    Sept 20: 182.2 :)
    Sept 27:
    Oct 4:
    Oct 11:
    Oct 18:
    Oct 25:
    Nov 1:
    Nov 8:
    Nov 15:
    Nov 22:
    Nov 29:
    Dec 6:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 20:
    Dec 27:
    Jan 3: 165
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i'm in for the fruit/veggie challenge!
  • trendely87
    trendely87 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Weigh in weeks:
    Sept 6: 133 lb
    Sept 13:133 lb
    Sept 20: 134 lb
    Sept 27:
    Oct 4:
    Oct 11:
    Oct 18:
    Oct 25:
    Nov 1:
    Nov 8:
    Nov 15:
    Nov 22:
    Nov 29:
    Dec 6:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 20:
    Dec 27:
    Jan 3: Goal Weight 120 lbs or 118 lbs

Ok not good im moving in the wrong direction. Honestly it has to be my weekends. During the week i do so goo and then the weekend comes along and everything goes to hell. I am forcing myself to stay on track though i will reach my goal.
  • lisawest
    Options
    Yesterday was NOT a good day for F/V. Only got in 3. Today I have 2 packed in my lunch, and I will have one for PM snack. Then hopefully 2 more for dinner. That's the plan. Lets see how well I stick with it.:wink: Congrats to everyone who is losing. No stress for those who didn't lose like they wanted! (It can make it harder to lose!) Get back to the basics. Bust out those measuring cups and scales and start weighing every bit of food. Go back through your cabinets and remove your temptation foods. Those are always the first two things I try to do when I find myself not eating like a should. Then I get my rear end up off the couch and go for a long walk before I get to sit down and watch any TV or work on my computer. (It works for me, anyway!)

Well, I should get back to work. Have a good Tuesday! Here's to smart choices:drinker:
  • maynard46
    Options

Wellllll, they are better than nothing! But the ones I've looked at seem to be full of sodium too. I would say (for me!) that 1 or 2 servings of V8 a day would be alright, but not all 5.

I was just curious. I like one glass in the morning. Not much for the sweet juices. My problem is getting enough calcium in my diet, sodium not so much.

So last night after I said I would do the fruit/veggie challenge. I went and stared onto my vegetable drawer while chewing on a celery stick. And decided I had to be alittle creative with what I had on hand. So I added a serving of steamed carrots to my Lean Cuisine dinner. Then made a really good salad from all the half eaten odds and ends in the veggie drawer. While chewing on more celery. To make a long story short I would say I had 4 servings last night. Definately have to go grocery shopping.

Today didn't get to the grocery store yet. But Im going to manage to get in 3 servings.

Hummm! This IS a real challenge.
  • maynard46
    Options
    Weigh in weeks:
    Sept 6: 133 lb
    Sept 13:133 lb
    Sept 20: 134 lb
    Sept 27:
    Oct 4:
    Oct 11:
    Oct 18:
    Oct 25:
    Nov 1:
    Nov 8:
    Nov 15:
    Nov 22:
    Nov 29:
    Dec 6:
    Dec 13:
    Dec 20:
    Dec 27:
    Jan 3: Goal Weight 120 lbs or 118 lbs

Ok not good im moving in the wrong direction. Honestly it has to be my weekends. During the week i do so goo and then the weekend comes along and everything goes to hell. I am forcing myself to stay on track though i will reach my goal.

ME again. How do you do the double quote thing in a post?

Yes! Weekends that is something I have been struggling with from day one. You described me to a Tee!

Hang in there! You have lots of support here. Maybe the next challenge should be a Weekend Challenge?
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Please know I am with the group in spirit and committment but this work deadline is beating me down. I'm on the computer so much with work that I don't even want to look at one once I'm through for the day. I usually try to log on first thing in the morning to at least document my exercise but don't usually have enough time to read the thread. Please charge my absence to my body/job responsibilities and not my heart. I soooooo can't wait to have a few weeks of working from home.

Anyway, yesterday I completed the Fat Blaster dvd from the Turbo Jam program and today I completed the Burn It Off dvd.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been busy in real life..my hubbys' Grandpa fell last week multiple times, also on concrete and after arguing about going to the hospital and not the lakehouse like he wanted, he finally saw a doc who admitted him to Barnes Jewish Hospital in St Louis. He's been there having test after test run on him since last Wednesday to find out why he was falling so much and finally had surgery yesterday to fix the issue. At first I was told scar tissue, it wasn't scar tissue, just something that swelled that shouldn't have swelled. It's much worse than they thought, BUT, it should not get any worse. It will either stay the same or get better. He has lots of theraphy to go through when he's done with the hospital. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers and all around continued support and concern, I take Grandma back in a couple of hours to see him and if I hear anymore, I'll update you all again. *hugs*
    Bru
  • JennS19
    Options
    Bru I'm thinking of him every day. He's in my prayers.

So it's HUMP day!! Yay the week is almost over. My daughter's birthday party is this Sunday and I'm having everyone over to our house for dinner. The thing is I have no idea what I"m making and how I'm going to make it healthy. I was thinking of making Enchilidas but with chicken and FF refried beans and a low cal sauce and reduced fat cheese. If I just have one it's totally bad for me.

I peeked at the scale this morning and saw i was below the 180 mark!! Hopefully that stays that way for next WI on Monday!! Hope everyone's week is going well. Keep us posted!!

Jenn
  • maynard46
    Options
    BrunettWife- I am sorry to hear about Grandpa. My thoughts and prayers are with you too.