Haters gonna hate. tired of the "1200 is not enough" speech

Options

Replies

• perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    When I decided to lose 40 lbs I went to my Dr asking for a referral to a nutritionist to put me on an eating plan. They both agreed 1200 is fine but don't dare dip below it so I did not. I also ate back my exercise calories and still lost 40 lbs in 4 months and have kept it off. I do not even log my food anymore I just stay active ,eat when I am hungry and eat what I want no restrictions I even have wine every Friday. I know I am above the 1200 now, bec/when I was on the 1200 I felt like it was very little food, I was happy to go up when I lost the weight. I think 1200 is fine in weight loss mode but once your goal is achieved you need to go up and make sure you are eating enough to maintain it. That is my opinion anyway.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, injuries can keep you flat out in bed ,
    I have lost muscle but not weight even though I've been eating 2000 plus daily. Some members here have a hard time gaining.
    If Alan Aragon can't put weight on me i'm certain you can't. Sorry for dropping names, sometimes it's needed

Then eat even more. You are not outside the laws of thermodynamics.

Oh I did, 2500+ daily, gained 1 pound per month after 6 months of eating as much as I could. Lost those 6 pounds in 2 weeks from not tracking. Science is not fact.

Might be that I never dieted and created an excess of fat cells. Who knows?

We get it. You're awesome. You've never been fat. Why do you feel the need to tell the MFP community this at EVERY CHANCE YOU GET when the pretense for saying it is always so thin and transparent.

This is MYFITNESS PAL. I just might be trying to tell you all that one diet or form of exercise does not fit all. Think for yourselves and do your own research.

If only that was the real reason but that is decidedly not why you post.

Why do I post?

I could tell you but I'd like to avoid the consequences. Safe to say, a lot of people already know.

:drinker:
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    I could tell you but I'd like to avoid the consequences. Safe to say, a lot of people already know.

They doooo? There are plenty of people here who know me, real life!, and several I've known for 2 years+. Don't be so quick to judge. Jealous?
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    Since you use yourself as a prime example and you, yourself, say you're an outliner and only provide anecdotal evidence based on your <1% representation of the general population. I would say that as applied to the other 99%, that is an accurate statement. You typcially only seem to post to garner some sort of enjoyment out of pointing out the fact that you have never been overweight and cannot seem to gain weight because you're a special snowflake (your term for yourself).

Nahh, just pushing my epigenetics and DNA methylation on you. I gain no enjoyment, just prefer people who think and research rather than those that follow the herd. :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

They doooo? There are plenty of people here who know me, real life!, and several I've known for 2 years+. Don't be so quick to judge. Jealous?

Lord knows I wish I could come and flaunt how thin and wonderful I am and name drop folks on message boards, all with an undercurrent of smugness and self-satisfaction. It's one of my goals in life.

Just like we're all jealous of a 300 pound woman eating 1200 calories a day. The jealousy, it eats at me. If only I too could be like all of you. I weep.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Since you use yourself as a prime example and you, yourself, say you're an outliner and only provide anecdotal evidence based on your <1% representation of the general population. I would say that as applied to the other 99%, that is an accurate statement. You typcially only seem to post to garner some sort of enjoyment out of pointing out the fact that you have never been overweight and cannot seem to gain weight because you're a special snowflake (your term for yourself).

Bahahaha! Glad someone else noticed this
  • ajaxe432
    ajaxe432 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    How is this post still going..................................................................................................................:yawn:
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Lord knows I wish I could come and flaunt how thin and wonderful I am and name drop folks on message boards, all with an undercurrent of smugness and self-satisfaction. It's one of my goals in life.

Just like we're all jealous of a 300 pound woman eating 1200 calories a day. The jealousy, it eats at me. If only I too could be like all of you. I weep.

You say that you are trying to show people there are other ways? how does constantly posting things like, "I've never had weight issues" or "I've been the same size/weight since high school"....how does that show that different things work? Those simple statements are supposed to inspire someone to do what?

It's like someone well off and never had any hardships or financial issues going down to the welfare office just to tell people that they've never had issues like them. That they manage their money just fine. Not saying you do this...though can't make assumptions, right? Because I would hope no one would go to a welfare office to do that, just like I'd hope someone who has never had weight or fitness issues would come on a fitness site to continually post that.
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options

Not 1%, quite many of us were discarded because our #s did not fit what the researchers, or funders, wanted to see.
  • niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options

Not 1%, quite many of us were discarded because our #s did not fit what the researchers, or funders, wanted to see.

The little < means less than. So less than 1%
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    You sound hungry.
  • hafbreed02
    Options
    this horse has no hide left! lmao
  • etoiles_argentees
    Options
    I'm beginning to understand what bb.com's description of MFP is.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    In for the lulz and rollover.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I'm beginning to understand what bb.com's description of MFP is.

Cool. Maybe you'll have better luck with your "message" there then?
  • anewlife4me8610
    anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    In reality, the general rule is 1200 calories for the AVERAGE person to lose weight...like you said the AVERAGE person...In fact my Dr told me to eat between 800 and 1200 to safely lose weight quickly and I am 6'1 and was at the time over 450 lbs...she told me it was only to jump start my weight loss and that after two weeks she wanted me at 1600 to 1800....BECAUSE at my weight, I was very sedentary, but she didn't want me losing to quickly as that could cause serious heart related issues....
    In fact some people who have the gastric bypass go on a diet of 800 calories to lose quickly prior to surgery....
    Its a scientific fact that to lose one lb of body fat you have to burn off 3500 more calories then you take in each day....However the body does go into starvation mode, but that is temporary. The metabolism is effected by yo yo dieting more than calorie restriction...its just that most people don't push through the plateau they just give in because real life is too hard to live with so much restriction.. Truth is to lose weight you have to sacrifice and eat less and move more....but if you don't make LIFE STYLE changes that you can live with, the minute you stop depriving yourself...the weight will come back...with a vengeance.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    but you never answered the question
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    what's a bb?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    what's "average"?