Fit For Future Families 2

Options

Replies

• LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

So glad this is a group! I wanted to introduce myself since dh and I are in the very early stages of TTC (the "let's stop preventing" stage). I'm Julie. I've lost 80 pounds since September 2009 and although I would ultimately like to lose about 40 more, I know I'm healthier now than I've ever been. Dh and I have been married since June of this year (though we've lived together for about 3.5 years). We had a pregnancy "scare" a couple months ago that turned out to be what I assume was a weight loss related hormonal imbalance. Hubby and I had gotten really excited at the possibility of being pregnant. We decided we're ready to really begin TTC in January and until then we would stop preventing. In the meantime, I'm just continuing my little eat healthy & exercise routine.

Yay, babies! :drinker:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Welcome Little Spy! You're in good company! I think a lot of us are planning to actively start TTC right around the January time frame! So hopefully there will be a slew of BFP in early February!
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Well its CD 27 and i just tested. It came out Negative. This is really hard for me to wrap my hands around because i NEVER mentally prepared myself to ovulate. I just assumed i wouldnt since clomid never worked in the past. So i was prepared to not ovulate.

So then i find out that i DID ovulate and i had no clue how to react. TTC and not ovulating has been my life for 8 years now. Its hard to find a glimpse of hope when its just disappointment after disappointment. So when i found out i ovulated i had never really thought that there was a chance that i can ovulate and still not get pregnant. Since that has always been my problem i just figure once i ovulate i would be pregnant, I guess it doesnt always work out that way. Although i am proud of my body that it ovulate and i just need to remember that not everyone gets pregnant the first month of clomid. I have always just taken in a month here a month there but never consecutively so this time will be different now that i actually have a decent dr.

the hardest part about all of this is that this is not only affecting me, i think that its harder on me to see how sad my husband gets.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Well its CD 27 and i just tested. It came out Negative. This is really hard for me to wrap my hands around because i NEVER mentally prepared myself to ovulate. I just assumed i wouldnt since clomid never worked in the past. So i was prepared to not ovulate.

You're only 12 days past ovulation. That's way too early to be absolutely certain that it's a true negative. Most true positives don't happen until 14 dpo.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

You're only 12 days past ovulation. That's way too early to be absolutely certain that it's a true negative. Most true positives don't happen until 14 dpo.

thank you that does give me some hope... I will try and have a better attitude about it...
  • epa422
    Options
    As they say on community.babycenter.com, you're not out until AF shows.
  • JennyBoBenny
    Options

EXACTLY!!! Don't count yourself out yet... besides, you wrote that you just tested and by my clock that was at 1pm? Try in a couple of days first thing in the morning when more hormone is present in your urine. GL!!
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    I thought for sure, that someone else would put this article up by now...I'm not sure if it helps any, but just thought you'd be interested in the "Natural Ways to Enhance Your Fertility"

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/healthieryou/8-natural-ways-enhance-your-fertility
  • clacourse
    clacourse Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ladies, would you mind if I joined your group?

My name is Chelsea and I would really like some ladies' support. :) The hubby is great, but not quite exactly what I need, ya know? LOL!! We just had our 2nd anniversary (Aug. 30) and this month AF was late, so we got excited and scared because I wanted to lose weight before we got pregnant, but he's sooo ready to have kids. (I'm 22 and he's 29.) Because of this "scare", I realized that I am ready to have kids, so I really want to kick it into gear and lose the weight I want to lose in year. So, by Aug. 30, 2011, I would like to have lost about 75+/- lbs.

I would love to get to know you ladies better and support you all as much as I can. :)
  • Mellie13
    Options
    Welcome to the new ladies!! It's funny that a "scare" got me more serious about wanting a baby, too. I have been off the bcp for about 3 months and just started temping this cycle. I really want to be pg by my b-day (nov 13th) since it will be the big 3-5!
  • kiffypooh
    kiffypooh Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    I have an O question. I felt cramping and pressure down there today, so I'm assuming I was ovulating (I got the positive OPK yesterday). If that is the case if I BD after that feeling is it too late, or do you want to BD tonight so the egg has a group of swimmers to meet it? I know when to BD with the positive OPK but wasn't sure with the cramping.:

I would BD for a few days after a +OPK, or at least every other day for a few.

My temp still hasn't gone up far enough for me to feel safe saying I did ovulate and I got a +OPK on Sunday, too. Hopefully it will go up tomorrow.

I was planning to BD the day I got the + as well as 2-3 days after (depending if hubby is around tomorrow for the 3rd day). I was just wondering, in ideal circumstances when would you want to BD. I hear people who can feel when they O and they get pregnant right away, and I was wondering if it was because they did it that day, the day after, etc.

Sorry the temps aren't working with the OPK. I hope tomorrow has what you are looking for.

Do you test before AF is due? Just wondering (since we are entering the 2WW in the next few days) when you were planning to test.
  • kiffypooh
    Options
    I ovulated on day 15. I have been feeling "crampy" all weekend and today, it feels like AF is right around the corner. Should i feel confidant that AF will start between day 28-30 or since i have PCOS there is a chance it may not come for weeks? This is my first time ever ovulating with clomid and my period never came on its own when i took it before. I either had to take provera or just let it come...

Since you ovulated, your period will start 10-16 days after you ovulated (or less, but then you should talk to your doctor about that because that's not normal). If it doesn't start after 18 days after ), then they say that you're most likely pregnant.

Agree with Erica. If you know for sure you ovulated on day 15, then you should know by day 31 for sure either way.

What day is it now, out of curiousity?

I am on CD 27!!!

With all 3 of my pregnancies I felt like AF was right around the corner. I didn't have cramping (although I've heard some women can feel implantation happening and should test a couple days after that), I just had that feeling down below.
  • kiffypooh
    Options

EXACTLY!!! Don't count yourself out yet... besides, you wrote that you just tested and by my clock that was at 1pm? Try in a couple of days first thing in the morning when more hormone is present in your urine. GL!!

I second this! Also, not to get your hopes up too much but I didn't get a positive with any of my 3 pregnancies for a few days after AF was due. I know for a fact I was a week late before I got a BFP with my daughter. Also, watch out for blue die tests, I guess they can bleed or something and you can get an "evap" line ad be sure to use your first morning pee.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Wow - geez. I stop stalking the thread for a few hours and there is a whole new page for me to read. Hi the new folks....welcome!

Ivy - I know my LP is 14 days and so I hold off testing until I'm well beyond 5 days of that from when I think I ovulated - since temping and OPKs do not work for me - based on CM... Definitely give it a few more days. It's not over yet!!! And even if this isn't the month, so few people get it on the first try (and with this being one of your first known ovulations, it's really like a first try).....next month when you ovulate, you'll have to "try" harder ;)

I think I'm finally over AF.....phew. I don't like saying I hate it because without it (or more accurately, the things that they represent) I won't get pregnant but geez, I hate it. LOL Relatively non-eventful though. I think that is due to the weight loss so far for sure - maybe a little of the drugs too.....My appetite has been off the last two days. I only had 2 bites of my cacciatore last night (one of my fav meals). Breakfast this morning ended up being KD - the only thing I could stomach and Lunch was chicken strips from Wendy's - but I couldn't eat the fries (good thing too when I looked at the calories on the combined meal).

Going off to down my water - I haven't even finished my first 750mL yet and I am definitely feeling it. I have a headache the size of the CN tower. I had the pleasure of taking my dogs to the vet today and it's never a pleasant experience. I might just go to bed now and sleep until morning.

I hope I'm not coming down with something - I'm never like this...usually voracious.
  • epa422
    Options
    I was planning to BD the day I got the + as well as 2-3 days after (depending if hubby is around tomorrow for the 3rd day). I was just wondering, in ideal circumstances when would you want to BD. I hear people who can feel when they O and they get pregnant right away, and I was wondering if it was because they did it that day, the day after, etc.

Sorry the temps aren't working with the OPK. I hope tomorrow has what you are looking for.

Do you test before AF is due? Just wondering (since we are entering the 2WW in the next few days) when you were planning to test.

I don't know. I can feel when I O, and I'm definitely not pregnant yet. I've heard people get pregnant with every day and others with every other day (sometimes the day before O, sometimes the day of O). I think it's all just one big cr@p shoot. lol

I don't test before AF is due. Too many disappointments that I just can't do it. I'll probably test around October 7 or so since I have a long LP.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    I've heard that the best days to get pregnant are the 2 before, 1 during and 2 after. 2 before are the most common for conception. Hence the recommendation that you start at day 10 and go every other day until 5 days after you ovulate. There is a specific plan that you can follow, we did it for 2 years, but because of the extent of our problems, it didn't help us. The actual name of the plan escapes me right now, but it's a woman's name. If I remember, or find any of the details, I'll share. But that's basically it. Start at 10 days after your AF and go 5 days past the spike. You can BD every day, but most couples find it too exhausting and there is some evidence that spontenaity does help with conception (but really....I don't know if I believe that). Every other day is fine (remember, you have a 5 day window so you're sure to hit at least 2 of those days).

On a side note, for those who are interested there is also evidence that the timing of the conception to ovulation has something to do with deciding the sex of your baby. Babies that are conceived early within the window tend to be girls while babies that are conceived on the ovulation date or later tend to be boys. Again, I will see if I can find the study. The theory is that sperm carrying the y chromosome (boys) are full of short term energy and get to the target (egg) first, if it's there; they will be the first to arrive and fertilize the egg. The sperm carrying the x chromosome (girls) are slower than the y counterparts, but have stores of longer term energy and can hang around to fertilize the egg so they are already present prior to ovulation and get there first. It's interesting thoughts and definitely exhibit some of the characteristics that one would give to little girls and boys....LOL http://www.babygenderprediction.com/ovulation-gender.html

Also, not sure if many people saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6wlyDoDS1c I found it fascinating - hubbie and I watched it together. It really gave me a new sense of respect for the lowly little guys....LOL It's called the Great Sperm Race - worth a few laughs in the least. I think this is 2 minutes - the actual show was 1-2 hours long....but very interesting.
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm not doing so well - I feel like I"m losing my way. I need your help.

I O'd 2 days ago (seemingly like most of you did) and I'm way off center since - I'm eating well in the day, and losing it at night. I'm absolutely exhausted, and have no energy for working out (although I know it gives me energy, but I'm falling asleep at my desk and as soon as I get in the door.

I'm so close to TTC but haven't made any of my goals - I'm not where I thought I would be, and while there are excellent people on here helping (I adore you all so much!) I get a one track mind when I want pistachios or chocolate.

I feel like I'm getting lost in the "when" of TTC, instead of making any progress in being healthy for it.

But I AM FINE during the day!

Argh!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    Hey all,

I'm not doing so well - I feel like I"m losing my way. I need your help.

I O'd 2 days ago (seemingly like most of you did) and I'm way off center since - I'm eating well in the day, and losing it at night. I'm absolutely exhausted, and have no energy for working out (although I know it gives me energy, but I'm falling asleep at my desk and as soon as I get in the door.

I'm so close to TTC but haven't made any of my goals - I'm not where I thought I would be, and while there are excellent people on here helping (I adore you all so much!) I get a one track mind when I want pistachios or chocolate.

I feel like I'm getting lost in the "when" of TTC, instead of making any progress in being healthy for it.

But I AM FINE during the day!

Argh!

What are you doing in the evenings? I know that I tend to eat from boredom, mostly because I'm sitting in front of the tv. Do you feel anything specific right before the cravings? I mean, besides, you know.....I really want those pistachios and chocolate.

Worst case scenario...if pistachios and chocolate are your weakness, why not make a brittle? Smash up the pistachios and put them on a sheet of wax paper. Melt the chocolate and pour it over. Let it set a little while and then "cut" it into pieces....measured pieces so you know how much you're going to eat at a single time. Once they are fully set in the fridge, individually wrap them in wax paper and put them in a container in the freezer. Eating frozen chocolate is not the easiest thing in the world - it'll force you to take your time enjoying it. I put them way at the back, where I can't reach easily and have to consciously think about pulling them out, opening the container, taking one, closing the container and putting them back every time I want one. It won't stop me if I really want it, but I have to really want it to grab it out.

I don't think either think is terrible in and of itself, but if you're gorging then putting in measures to stop yourself will help. If we didn't stumble, it would mean we don't have anything more to learn.....we're human and can always take the time to learn something new :)

It doesn't sound like a regular thing - could be related to hormones.....
  • tkdlou
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

So my hubby wants another one, and I don't feel I can emotionally and physically handle another one right now. Part of me believes if I lose 30 lbs of previous baby weight than maybe I can do it. Of course, he wants another one ASAP, and after trying 2 years to get off 30 lbs with no luck, I know his wishes aren't gonna happen that soon.

Should I keep trying to lose the 30 lbs before TTC? OR
    Should I just do it and worry about ALL the weight after the baby? (for this will be the last one)

*Note* This would be #3 and we agreed 7 years ago that we would not have more than 3 (even though 2 seems fine for me at the moment)

Just wanted to know some of your thoughts. Obesity is a HUGE issue on my side of the family; it could be considered genetic; so losing weight is one of the hardest things for me.

Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.
  • fitterpam
    Options
    You could try and lose the weight before or while TTC (like many of us in the forum). "Normal" weight women have less chance of miscarriage, gestational diabetes and their children tend to be smaller and the studies are pointing to the fact that they may be less genetically (or gestationally, I guess) less likely to be obese.

It does seem like you guys don't seem to be on the same page as to whether or not right now is the right time to have another one. Why do you think his wishes aren't going to happen that soon? Did you have trouble getting pregnant with the first two?

If you start losing weight now, you'll have more luck when TTC and healthier for the pregnancy but I'm not necessarily saying wait until you get to your goal of 30lbs lost before trying unless there is another reason for doing so.

I guess my answer is that it doesn't have to be either or.