Tattoo sleeves on women!

Replies

• TikiTony13
    TikiTony13 Posts: 323
    Tattoed women are hot!the more tats the better!!!:tongue:
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?

Actually I have a sleve, both hands, knuckles, full chest and neck tattoos and I can look forward to any career I want. I'm considering doing a Batchelor of learning management to become a high school history teacher, and I know that my state will hire me regardless of how I look or my tattoos assuming I don't have something legitimately offensive. So to suggest anyone with visible tattoos can look forward to being perpetually unemployed or working sh*itty jobs is just rediculous. I would have a harder time finding a job making coffees than in the public education sector, and find it hilarious people would think I am somehow unfit to make coffee but will entrust someone "like me" with the education of the adolescents. It's also pointless to tell people to 'only get tattoos they can cover' when there are products like dermablend on the market. Watch this video and tell me how your only options will be long sleves for the rest of your life.
    http://youtu.be/9mIBKifOOQQ

If it only worked that way, the world would be a better place.

Shun the non-believer. I live in qld Australia and tattoos are written into the antindiscirminatoon act so it kinda does work that way, as for the dermablend, dermablend actually does work.

There are a lot of laws about it doesn't mean you aren't going to get the short end of the stick. I can't walk into an interview with a "F U" on my forehead and anticipate a fair interview. My interviewer might not come out and say he doesn't like my tattoo out of fear of discrimination lawsuits, but he/she will find something else to deny me the job.

http://www.qutnews.com/2012/05/15/australians-dont-want-tattoos-at-work-survey/#.Ug84X6MpDFo
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    The same way that they find some other reason if your fat, non white, a woman, disabled, a mother and so on? I don't feel any more discriminated against for being tattooed an I have been offer all but one of the jobs I applied for since getting my hands tattooed, but what the *kitten* do I know right?
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    only if the different tatts work together in style/colour, are balanced in some way across the arm, and are well-executed.

like a Snoopy, next to a skull & crossbones, and then a sloppy picture of your mom, just put wherever, with colours all clashing, would not look great.

i don't feel they all have to be the same, just thoughtfully chosen & positioned.
  • I like sleeves and would like to have at least half sleeves one day. I don't think getting old is a reason not to get tattooed, your skin will wrinkle and gain marks anyway, tattooing can probably even hide some 'flaws'.
    Also I kind of agree with mssteel90, I know of someone not being hired to a pet store for having a non visible tattoo, meanwhile there are tattooed teachers working in privates schools, some who won't even bother concealing them. So I guess tattoos don't exactly mean you won't have a career or that you'll only get low qualification jobs.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Sleeves, back, arms, legs, doesn't matter to me. Women with tattoos are hot. Geeky, nerdy ones even better!
    Chewbacca-tattoo-and-Daryl-Dixon-600x600.jpg
    souxsinner-dalek-tattoo.jpg
    alien-spine-tattoo.jpeg
    Batman-from-Hush-600x337.jpg
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    One of my best mates has a full sleeve, well a partially finished one. I was a little sceptical when she said she was getting it done as I couldn't picture what it would look like but it's beautiful and so well done. Personally I wouldn't have one, but I think they can look amazing!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    The same way that they find some other reason if your fat, non white, a woman, disabled, a mother and so on? I don't feel any more discriminated against for being tattooed an I have been offer all but one of the jobs I applied for since getting my hands tattooed, but what the *kitten* do I know right?

Hey good for you that you are getting those jobs, I understand you feel strongly about it since it affects you directly. But if I say my tattoos don't have adverse effects on my career is naive at best. With my tattoos I have to excel beyond the other to get on the same level as them for advancement.

Also, in the US tattooed people aren't a protected class. And we aren't all lucky to be living in a former prison, which kind of make sense why they would be more pro tattoos. But hey what do I know.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member

Hey good for you that you are getting those jobs, I understand you feel strongly about it since it affects you directly. But if I say my tattoos don't have adverse effects on my career is naive at best. With my tattoos I have to excel beyond the other to get on the same level as them for advancement.

Also, in the US tattooed people aren't a protected class. And we aren't all lucky to be living in a former prison, which kind of make sense why they would be more pro tattoos. But hey what do I know.

Maybe you have to try harder to excel beyond others because you're a d-bag? Your response was just plain stupid about "living in a former prison". You realize America was founded on rape, murder, lying, and stealing so they should also be a little more pro tattoos.

I live in America, I see people with great jobs who make great money with full sleeves and neck tattoos. Maybe your resume is lacking and it has nothing to do with tattoos? Or you live in the sticks because I have never had a problem in the PacNW.
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    Personally, I love them! I was going to get a Boba Fett shoulder sleeve until my mum cried and begged me not to. She doesn't live in the same country as me and while she respects it's my body and I can get a tattoo if I want to, I respect her wishes and now I'm not having it done (Gutted, but I am sure I will get over it)!

Maybe one day *le sigh*
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    interesting
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    Personally, I love them! I was going to get a Boba Fett shoulder sleeve until my mum cried and begged me not to. She doesn't live in the same country as me and while she respects it's my body and I can get a tattoo if I want to, I respect her wishes and now I'm not having it done (Gutted, but I am sure I will get over it)!

Maybe one day *le sigh*

dear diary
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I work in the corporate office at the front desk as a receptionist and accountant. I keep mine covered at work because my tattoos are for myself and not to seek attention. I am working on becoming a personal trainer and when I start working as one I won't cover my tattoos.
    IMG_0035_zpsc18b6e7d.jpg
    IMG_0060_zps768b445d.jpg
  • CaffeinatedGlitter
    CaffeinatedGlitter Posts: 201 Member
    I'm working on a 3/4ths length sleeve, one rose for each of my siblings (11) I have three of them so far haha too broke to finish for now
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Otherwise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.

This.

Regarding design, I have a cautionary tale:

I know a guy who tattooed webbing, a la Spider-Man, all over his hands and arms. He was 20 and thought it was the coolest thing ever... until a few years down the road, when he changed his mind and hated it. He underwent semi-successful laser removal and skin grafts to get rid of them, and ended up with scarring.

Don't be that guy. Think really, really hard about the design before you get it.
  • shiplizard
    shiplizard Posts: 20 Member
    a) What everyone else has said about your career and interviews-- but you knew that. I'm fortunate to work in an engineering office where quite a few of us are tattooed. My tats are grand, and each of them is special, blah blah blah, I'd like to get sleeves designed around my two shoulder tattoos when I can afford it.

b) Look at this thread for a great cross-section of the charming people who'll turn up their nose at you if you get them. Can you live without these people in your life? Won't it just break your heart?
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    I have a full sleeve that I just finished I am 34 and I do not regret it Smh. Anyway make sure it's something you really love, take your time and find a good artist.

ETA Pics
    tat_zps12b1fd1f.jpeg
    tat_zpsedb2f001.jpeg
  • rgrange
    rgrange Posts: 236 Member
    I love tattoos on women; unfortunately my gf doesn't feel the same. All I asked was for her to get my face tattooed on her arm, but I guess that's just too much to ask
  • Katrina_vw91
    Katrina_vw91 Posts: 232 Member
    I have a 1/4 sleeve :) So in love with it!

Don't know if I will go as far as to get my whole arm tattooed, but I love sleeves! They are awesome!

And ever since I've started losing weight, its been looking even better!

znlp50.jpg

wa2jhf.jpg
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Tbh...I don't give a **** about my career....I just wanted to know what people in general thought of half sleeves on women. I've now got my appointment to have it done.