Define a Curvy Woman PLEASE!

Options

Replies

• DesiraeDoll11
    Options
    These days it seems like fat women use this term to try to justify there lazy/sedentary lifestyles.

I just wish they would stop using the word on dating sites... Did they think I wasn't going to notice when we met?

Sorry for being so politically incorrect.

But it's so easy to say. lol
  • stargazer008
    Options
    Hourglass body shape! They can be any weight.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Curvy Woman [kur-vee woom-uhn] (curvy - adjective, woman - noun) -

1. a female human being who is just smothered in parabola.
    2. an indefinable creature of near mythical proportions, as it would seem to mean something different to every person in the world.

I'm pretty thick... can you handle all this?

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

Its bout to go done in here! LEGGO!

Have at it, but that Edward is MINE.

I'm another for curvy being about shape rather than size, but I've seen/heard PLENTY of people abusing the term.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think there's all kinds of curvy. I consider curvy to be any body where either the hips or the bust (or both) are significantly larger than the waist.

Sherri Shepherd on the View is curvy, in a top heavy kind of way. She's more of an apple-shape, she has slim, shapely legs and big boobs.

Jennifer Lopez is curvy in the exact opposite way. She doesn't have a lot of boobage, but has fantastic hips and bum.

Sofia Vergara is classic bombshell hourglass.

Kate Moss is also an hourglass, but on a smaller, more slender scale.

All these women are very different, and they're all curvy.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm very reluctantly curvy. And I know this because once upon a time, when I was very young and foolish, I coveted the Twiggy body, one I could decorate with teensy lacy little dorito-sized bras and stringy panties sliding down jutting razorbladed hipbones. I dieted and dieted and exercised and exercised, but no matter how skinny I got the only angles I ever found were my cheekbones. Finally I realized I'd picked the wrong parents for having a Twiggy body, gave up, and went back to buying industrial strength bras and slightly more sensible than fashionable underwear.

i_like_you_supernatural.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I agree that what comes to mind is Scarlet Johansen!

Confident 'overweight' women don't need to justify their curves. I know a lot of women that carry it well. Usually the vocal ones that say it out loud are the ones making excuses.

snip. My sister is like that. She claims confidence, but utterly lacks it. She also uses the excuse that she's done it before and can lose the weight again whenever she wants... lol. Okay, so why don't you feel like it right now? Excuses.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 42D-33-40, and I wear a size 8. How is that chubby?
    Did you mean to say you're 42-33-40? Because 42D is a bra size, not a measurement. 42D means your ribcage is 42 inches around, which is pretty fat, really.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I consider myself to be a curvy woman. I have boobs, butt, and hips but I am not fat.
  • DanIsACyclingFool
    DanIsACyclingFool Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

142285669447421881_JkGWSIVI_c.jpg

:heart: :love: :heart:

Alright, I give up. Help me out please.

Who is this?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    OP: I understand your original post was in good faith. However -
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

pears, apples, hourglasses, curvy, whatevs. out.

tumblr_lpxvk9JhBb1qca5dp.png

2v8Gz4d.jpg
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", 42D-33-40, and I wear a size 8. How is that chubby?
    Did you mean to say you're 42-33-40? Because 42D is a bra size, not a measurement. 42D means your ribcage is 42 inches around, which is pretty fat, really.

If you say so...:smile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I'm curvy from some angles... Curvy legs, curvy butt... But not the waist really :sad:

I like the word 'curvaceous' and the images that brings to me, such as Catherine Zeta Jones in her Darling Buds of May days.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    notaWAR.jpg
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

Who is this?

Kat Dennings.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    notaWAR.jpg

I would take that bottom row and a ham sammich all day, errday
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    For me, curvy has nothing to do with weight, only shape. If you have a waist very noticably smaller than your hip and bust measurements, I'd call you curvy.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OP: I understand your original post was in good faith. However -
    sweet. yet another thread where people try to get 100% agreement on a definition of a body type even though it's completely and utterly meaningless. if you're happy with your shape, who gives a damn what other people call it? if you're unhappy, start controlling your calories and exercising, change yourself, not the label.

pears, apples, hourglasses, curvy, whatevs. out.

tumblr_lpxvk9JhBb1qca5dp.png

2v8Gz4d.jpg

43591-THIS-gif-ECaV.gif
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Come on, nutter, explain this to me. How does someone with a 33 inch waist have a 42 inch torso? Either you have no freaking idea how to figure out your bra size, or you're lying.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I try not to care about how others describe themselves.
  • Muscles_Curves
    Muscles_Curves Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    To me, curvy is this:

Who is this?

She in the CBS show 2 Broke Girls. I think her last name is Dennings, but I could be wrong. It's been a while since I've watched the show.