WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2013

Options

Replies

• Kalley1959
    Kalley1959 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I did it!! I bought a bathing suit and running shoes. I cheated though. :happy: I went to the soft moc warehouse sale and found a pair by myself. I can't say I'm overly happy about the bathing suit but if I'm going to the Y then I'm going to do the aqua fit. I love swimming and it's easier on my knees.

Granmallie - no secret here, just watching my food esp sodium and walking. I do have a lot to lose. I'm sure as I get closer to my goal it will be a much slower process.

Meg - it's wonderful that you DH's aunt is surrounded by such love.

Yanniejannie - thank you so much for the support. It means the world to me.

Rita - you can do it, you can get back to logging everything. You've done so amazing.

Workerbee60 - welcome. It's a great bunch here. You will get lots of support & encouragement here. Keep coming back. We would love to get to know you.

Joyce - that's awesome getting rid of some clothes and giving them to such a great cause.

I know I've missed many but I'm so tired tonight can hardly keep my eyes open.

Thank you to all of you for your support !!!

:heart: Sandy from Ontario
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Joyce - LOVED reading all about your family. And loved you "I love" poem, so uplifting, thanks.

I'm making more chocolate bran muffins, then off to the farmer's market and then yoga. Have my laptop, but I'm not real confident that they'll be able to help me. I really think that I'll need to wait until Wednesday.

grandmalle - there have been times when I've wanted to use the mixer early in the a.m. and Vince was asleep. I take the mixer downstairs with me.

Vince said he'll work on putting books back in the bookcase while I'm at yoga. I'm thinking that this Wednesday hopefully we can pick up the tables from the church, the place where the Newcomer card table is stored, and our friend and also the chairs from a friend of ours.

DeeDee - yes, we want to see pictures. Do you have any last minute ideas for a pool party? I just knew your gd would love the picnic area.

I bought Vince two donuts at Dunkin Donuts yesterday. That grease on the bag is really bothering me. Hope he eats them fast.

I think I took the muffins out of the pan a bit too early as one of them broke. Guess I'll just have to eat it (how terrible can things get?)

Sandy - wow, wow, wow is all I can say. Great job!

Well, we finished putting the downstairs back together. Right now Vince is out using the tractor on the lawn, I have one of the cakes that I'll use for the social in the oven (want to see how this mix works out). Bryan had an office chair downstairs so we brought that upstairs for me to use at the computer. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven and then cools enough to come out of the pan, I'll go to an office supply place to get a mat for under the chair. We're just afriad that on wheels, it'll scratch the hardwood floor.

Heather - your food sounds just great!

Robin - have a wonderful trip. You deserve it, that's for sure

jane - i find doing some craft, be it crochet (yes, I spelled it right...lol....thanks for the smile) or xstitch or plastic canvas, that really helps curb my wanting to munch at night. Mainly because I don't want to get the yarn/fabric or whatever dirty since I know who'll have to wash it!

gail - you can come clean my house. I'm planning to do a thorough cleaning of the downstairs bathroom tomorrow, the tub (which is REALLY gross after getting the water in the basement), the floor, everything. But I wouldn't mind some help <hint, hint>

patceoh - what I do is I keep a word document with the page number if I was the last person posting. If not, if I've read some I'll make a note at the bottom of the document like "pg 8 - patceoh". Then all's I have to do is hit "view" and it'll take me to the last post then I can just scroll up to where I left off.

Joyce - how nice of you to give your mom's clothes to someone. I'm sure she's proud as can be right now.

workerbee - welcome! You've come to a great place

A- so glad you found us. We certainly don't want to lose you!

Well, made a cod to have during the week. Have the cakes that I made for the social in the freezer, will probably decorate them Thurs or Fri. Am trying to coordinate the picking up of the tables and chairs for Tuesday. Have a great evening everyone.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    The clothing bank loves clothes with tags on them since they allow the women to get brand new clothes. Really makes them feel better. Yes, Mom would have loved knowing they are going to a clothing bank in a pretty poor area. When Dad was alive and Mom wore something he really loved, especially some of her slacks he had this particular growl he would give. As the preacher's wife he didn't want her pants to be tight but not real baggy. When he died she couldn't give away those clothes although they became way to big for her. She first moved into a small one bedroom apartment at the retirement home. It had two very small closets and there just was no room for those clothes that didn't fit her but she didn't care. I offered to keep them here but she wanted them in HER bedroom. So we bought organizers and made room. She finally was able to give them away at one point knowing where they would be going. I felt the same way about some of the clothes I got from her. They were always to old for me, I knew that when I brought them home. But they were Mom, they smelled like Mom, her favorite brooch was still on one. So now they are gone for some other woman to start making memories for her and her family

Joyce
  • phoo513
    phoo513 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday Evening, Ladies!

It has been another crazy day, but I am now the proud owner of a new coffee pot! This morning without coffee, I was dragging!
    I never did buy any clothes the other day, and I never did find a present for my great-niece, but I had fun with my best friend so it was still worth the heat, the sweat and the headache of shopping in Tucson traffic.

So many of you are doing so well with your weight loss and that is very inspiring! Thanks for helping me stay focused.

For tonight, I think that's all the chatter I have in me.

Goodnight, my friends,
    Pat
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Meg, the woman who lives in Egypt is Phyllis, she posted on Senior Golden Sneakers that she is OK but the school she teaches in has delayed the first day of school by a week so perhaps more children will be back and able to attend although many were evacuated and there’s no firm date for their return.

:flowerforyou: Joyce, the only accountability partners that have worked for me have been my poodles and all my vitamin F friends on this thread…..everybody else flakes out sooner or later.

:flowerforyou: Rita, setting a goal of logging your food is a great way to get back on track…..do that first and others will follow.

:flowerforyou: Workerbee, a lot of us are way over 50…welcome……the first words of encouragement are to log your food before you eat it and read the posts on this thread……then you won’t feel alone on this journey.

:bigsmile: Sandy I’m happy to hear that you found shoes

:flowerforyou: Michele, you are such a great organizer fitting in baking, all the pool work, all the clean up from the rain, shopping, exercising, and keeping up with all of us.

:flowerforyou: Someone mentioned the possibility of mice getting into the garage if we stored the firewood in there and awhile back we discovered that a mouse had nibbled open the bag of dog food. We brought the dog food into the house, but this week Jake decided that it would be a good idea to get the firewood out of the garage so he decided to build racks to store the wood---some in the breezeway and some on the deck. I remember him saying that he found the brackets for the rack on Amazon for $15.00. That sounded like a reasonable price. It turned out to be two sets of brackets, then $50.00 worth of wood to actually build the racks, then screws, wood stain to waterproof the wood, and a tarp to cover the firewood on the deck. I guess that’s a good investment to avoid the possibility of mice in garage chewing on important parts of our vehicles but it sure grew from the $15.00 I thought it would cost.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

2157045gp85zev8ri.gif I did my strength training today adding extra weight to my ankle weights. I didn’t get to it until late afternoon after walking 20,000 steps and working in the yard for two hours in the morning and going shopping after lunch.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

“If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”

1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,342 Member
    Options
    Hello folks!
    This will be a short post as I came down with a virus last night.:sad:
    Horrible aches and pains, feeling sick. It came on really suddenly and lasted the night. The shaky achy pains have gone, but I am totally washed out. Want to rest so I will be on good form when DGS arrives tomorrow. I don't think I've ever had one that came on so fast, was so intense and lasted such a short time! Just a bit dizzy now.

Love you all. Will update when I'm a bit better.

Heather, UK
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,795 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    still up a couple of lbs:grumble: I know its sodium... I should know better by now,even though I was sucking down the water yesterday...
    I am going to try and take a walk again today, DH isnt pleased but going to walk slow wont try and power walk..
    was wondering how Phylis was.. sure miss her and hope she is safe...
    yesterday was a nice day, we have to go to Lowes, and get more top soil and grass seed and get another bulb for our new kitchen light..
    going to have some breakfast and a cup of tea...:drinker:
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :laugh: I wanted to sleep later but Bernie, the cat, thought I should get up early every day and he kept tapping me with his paw and butting me with his head until I was awake enough to decide to get up....today is the big line dance performance at noon....I got a call from a friend yesterday confirming the time and location of the performance so she'd be sure to be there.

:sad: :brokenheart: Heather, sorry to heat that you've been sick......get lots of rest so you'll be bright and cheery for DGS :bigsmile:

:laugh: grandmallie, my husband expresses a lot of opinions on my fitness plan and I've had to learn to listen politely and then do as i please.....enjoy your walk.

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington

[img][/img]194904olsgis3xqe.gif
  • genealace
    genealace Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning

Theatre play was good but DBF slept through much of it and then said it wasn't very good. I told him that the bits he watched were the least interesting and he slept through the best bits so he shouldn't complain!

Heard from my sister this morning answering a lace question that I'd posed her. I now have to undo a little bit to follow her advice, but not much otherwise I'd carry on doing it 'my' way.

My aunt was ok when I was there yesterday but wants some eye drops because she is suffering with allergies. But, she couldn't remember what she usually has, so I sent my cousin an e-mail when I got home.

Need to go and mow the grass before it gets too warm, but was waiting until a little later so that I don't disturb the neighbours on a Sunday morning.
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning

Theatre play was good but DBF slept through much of it and then said it wasn't very good. I told him that the bits he watched were the least interesting and he slept through the best bits so he shouldn't complain!

Heard from my sister this morning answering a lace question that I'd posed her. I now have to undo a little bit to follow her advice, but not much otherwise I'd carry on doing it 'my' way.

My aunt was ok when I was there yesterday but wants some eye drops because she is suffering with allergies. But, she couldn't remember what she usually has, so I sent my cousin an e-mail when I got home.

Need to go and mow the grass before it gets too warm, but was waiting until a little later so that I don't disturb the neighbours on a Sunday morning.

Hi - your lace it beautiful. I got a chance to participate in a lace making workshop when I lived in Belgium. It is hard work! I wish more people would appreciate it because the effort it takes to make it tremendous. Enjoy your day :-)
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Happy Sun.
    Heather,feel better.
    Up a couple lbs,know it`s water wt,fingers swollen.
    HUGS
    jane
  • yanniejannie
    yanniejannie Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Sandy..........Yay! New shoes! Hope they serve you well.

Heather..........feel better soon.......

Lazy day, party later. Slept well, for once!!!

Rainy day again
    yanniejannie---mid-Atlantic
  • grandmallie
    Options
    afternoon ladies,
    I am sitting on my bed with the boys, and my feet up.
    I guess I shouldnt have gone for the walk:huh: I love to walk, and listen to the birds and see the sights, but guess he is right and will just go to the gym until this foot heals..
    got all my exercise in ,have 13,000 + steps in and have swept and mopped the floors.,made 2 beds,went to Lowe's and Sam's, and made some S'mores bars for the DH.
    now I am hoping at least for a little bit to just sit and relax...then on to make dinner.. he eats early ,because it is to bed early, he is up at 3 am during the week and I am usually up by 4 or so.
    we have already become senior citizen's :laugh: we go out to dinner on Saterdays by 4..or so and then home before 6..such a life we lead:smile:
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Much to my dislike I think I am going to have to go to both of my Doctors suggestion and start taking Miralax. I was thinking because of the 'lax' part of it that it was a laxative and I do not want to be in that habit. But with MS you can have bowel nerve involvement and that's why my neurologist suggested it. Who knows what it will do to my weight!!! I might lose some!!!!

Joyce
  • grandmallie
    Options
    Joyce- I dont ever want to see a bottle of that stuff again.. had to drink 2 bottles mixed with something(cant remember) before my surgery.. I had to down it in about an hr and a half.. I was soooooooo:sick: was going both ways, to say it cleaned me out was an understatment.....
    I sometimes have diet tea, which has Senna in it, but dont do that to much because the Senna isnt to good for you, but does aid in BM's

Hoping everyone is enjoying there weekend, I am just hangin out right now, with my foot in the brace.. no more walking for me for awhile:grumble:
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y422/DeeDee2210/pics143_zpse1404470.jpg

Darn didn`t work, will have to go back and review my notes about posting pics.

Okay, can`t find my notes. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!
  • barbiecat
    Options
    http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y422/DeeDee2210/pics143_zpse1404470.jpg

Darn didn`t work, will have to go back and review my notes about posting pics.

Okay, can`t find my notes. If anyone can help I would appreciate it!

pics143_zpse1404470.jpg

DeeDee, you have to use the IMG code for forums like this, then change the IMG at the beginning and end to img to make it work
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    i too am over 50+ and I live in NW Wa. Good weather this year.. ur summer, huh Barbie?? My kitties are my childern. my only kind of kids.. never had any, never wanted any.. oh excuseme, my husband is my biggest baby, even after 29 years of marriage.. and do calores count on weekends?? lol
  • Dargealing
    Dargealing Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    it's the magnesium in that bottle stuff. Nasty, Nasty, Nasty stuff, but it does what it is intended to do for the surgery.. yup and dare I say, nasty stuff??LOL been there done that.
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Well, I've logged for today and am WAY over! That is thanks to my hubby who cooks too good! He made this topping for linguine that most people have never heard of. He calls it Genoaise. I created a recipe for it here and the calories made me cringe, :noway: but it is so good!. :tongue: It does not contain any tomatoes, only onion, celery, carrots, prosciutto (SP?), and pot roast. Lots of butter :explode: and other spices. I start back on the diet tomorrow! LOL.:blushing: