Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options

Replies

• PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    I should get a tattoo of an argyle sleeve down both arms so it looks like I'm wearing a sweater year around
  • frostytots
    frostytots Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have many tattoos but want a half sleeve. What are your opinions on them? If you have one, can I see your pics?!

I know plenty of sleeved up Grandmothers who are beyond awesome.

My right arm is dedicated to the art of Junko Mizuno and my left is a Japanese Phoenix with traditional American style elements (my artist specializes in traditional American). In progress.

Find your style. Find an artist that can accommodate that style. Have a good idea of what you want, but be open to suggestions from the artist because they know what translates well on skin.

Tattoos are sexy as hell, but I'm a little biased.

9fdc3cd0-c148-44ab-919b-8861ce503e84_zps6899a270.jpg
  • teresasfreeland
    Options
    I wonder if in your 60's you will hate the tattoos you got in your 40's. Just a thought...:smile:
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I have many tattoos but want a half sleeve. What are your opinions on them? If you have one, can I see your pics?!

I know plenty of sleeved up Grandmothers who are beyond awesome.

My right arm is dedicated to the art of Junko Mizuno and my left is a Japanese Phoenix with traditional American style elements (my artist specializes in traditional American). In progress.

Find your style. Find an artist that can accommodate that style. Have a good idea of what you want, but be open to suggestions from the artist because they know what translates well on skin.

Tattoos are sexy as hell, but I'm a little biased.

9fdc3cd0-c148-44ab-919b-8861ce503e84_zps6899a270.jpg
    You look awesome!
  • nichi123
    Options
    I wonder if in your 60's you will hate the tattoos you got in your 40's. Just a thought...:smile:
    What's the point in regretting them? You can't change it and I don't regret any of mine.
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I'm always faked out by them. From a distance, they look body hair to me.
  • nichi123
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

Wow this chick looks hot as!!! I've always admired women that get them done but I could still never do it or even get one tattoo. I know I would regret it and working in corporate would be a challenge.
    This is how you wear a sleeve! She is hot!
  • Just_CallmeTanya_Eh
    Options

I'll just be happy to be healthy at 60....I don't think i'll be worrying about my tattoos...
  • nichi123
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

tumblr_mrhko4bm7c1sfxh32o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrklafchcU1s14t44o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrl4tmvfpm1st09zao1_500.jpg

Wow this chick looks hot as!!! I've always admired women that get them done but I could still never do it or even get one tattoo. I know I would regret it and working in corporate would be a challenge.
    This is how you wear a sleeve! She is hot!
    Still can't stop looking at her! Haha!! Anyway, my appointment is booked for Dec 3rd so I am doing it and feel very pleased about it!! Thanks for all your comments!!
  • omega_red84
    Options
    DOOOOOO IIIIIIIITTTTTT!
  • omega_red84
    Options
    tumblr_lzek3fGhos1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg

yes
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Friggen gorgeous. Your body is a canvas do as you please with it! I bet you'll looks so killer with sleeves too! Go for it!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/4 sleeve :) So in love with it!

Don't know if I will go as far as to get my whole arm tattooed, but I love sleeves! They are awesome!

And ever since I've started losing weight, its been looking even better!

znlp50.jpg

wa2jhf.jpg

i absolutely adore/loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee your 1/4 sleeve! i want to get a shoulder tat, so like a 1/8 sleeve? ;) maybe with plans to add on to a 1/4 sleeve....this gives me ideas! love your artist!!!
  • nichi123
    Options
    Friggen gorgeous. Your body is a canvas do as you please with it! I bet you'll looks so killer with sleeves too! Go for it!
    Thank you so much!!! I'm doing it SO excited..can't wait!!!!
  • tpop917
    tpop917 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you want to and with your body.

I have started on my leg and I'm wondering what the same thing as a sleeve would be called on your leg.

I didn't even get my first one till I was 42 and I'm working on my 3rd.

Think about what you put on your body forever. Remember that you will look at it for the rest of your life and you'd better love it.

That's why it took me so long to get one. I wanted ink, my entire life, but I also knew I didn't just want to get it because. When I found my first tat, I KNEW as soon as I saw it that I wanted it.

My second one commemorates something that I accomplished and can't ever be taken away.

My third will have deep meaning to me.

Covering them or work conditions:
    I work in a place that would mean that I would have to not have my ink showing. So, my ink is in a place that I can choose if it is seen or not.

I hope this answers your questions.
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options

Let me start by saying I'm no fan of tattoos. On a recent trip to Austin, though, I found this barmaid to be particularly fetching:

9493039956_0ca73032f4.jpg
    Kita Yourheart by doohickie@ymail.com, on Flickr
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Others wise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.

That's changing. My wife's a teacher and a lot of the other teachers at her school are sporting tats these days. I also know several business people and merchants that are tatted up.
  • madtownjeremy
    Options
    Sleeves on men or women are hot as **** :love:

Couldn't have said it better...but have to add that it HAS to be designed well. WAY too much bad ink out there.
  • mister_Big
    Options
    Tattoos on women are hot
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    could not marry a girl with a bunch of tattoos. so trashy.