When craving soda, what do you reach for besides water?

Options

Replies

• ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda, obviously..
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    ICE carbonated drinks are really good for soda replaces or even the vitamin water sparkling waters.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    double post...
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Have a Coke and a smile.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Dr pepper.. BUT I drink too much and I know it... however, when I'm being cognizant about it I will get an unsweet tea instead... usually flavored.
  • Kany
    Kany Posts: 336
    Options
    sparkling water.
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I drink unsweetened iced tea or some sort of flavored sparkling water.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    :smile:
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it, go for the soda. I personally go for iced tea or energy drinks.
  • Maribel_1986
    Maribel_1986 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My fiancé and I drink homemade unsweetened Ice Tea... Sometimes we just add a Splenda for taste
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Soda.
    Usually Diet Coke unless I have enough calories left for the real thing.
  • fishgutzy
    fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
    Options
    Water with lemon.
    I don't miss soda at all. Only have it when we go out now. Rarely buy it for home anymore.
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Diet Soda, obviously..
    QFT!
    Mountain-Dew-Diet.gif

Soda-Sober-Mountain-Dew-needle-syringe-get-your-fix.jpg
  • lp2ca
    lp2ca Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also crave soda (mostly cola - perhaps it is the caffine) - options for that are tea or other things with caffine, but the sweet burst of a soda is still high on the list. I try to find the 'real sugar' sodas (vs. the high fructose corn syrup) when the urge is too much.
    diet soda- generally tastes like chewing on aluminum foil to me.

some options: one of my favorites is doing a home-made italian soda (with or without the diet syrup - some of the fruity ones are ok), or add some fresh lime or lemon, or even lemonade to club soda is a good way to get the fizzy of soda without all the sugar. you can also add some fruit juice (but watch out these can easily have as many calories as soda),
  • acullen31
    acullen31 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I still drink Diet root beer every so often, but now I drink Spark. Here's the product bio AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink mix is a unique multi-nutrient system that's designed to provide nutritionally advanced, long-lasting energy and enhanced mental focus.* Its 21 vitamins, minerals and nutrients work synergistically to give you healthy, balanced energy without making you jittery like other caffeinated beverages.*

Although, I never got jittery with soda lol
  • SusanL222
    SusanL222 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't crave soda....gave them up a long time ago.....but, I do have a drink that I go to when I want something a bit fizzy, cold and satisfying. Not only that but it is healthy with B Vitamins, antioxidants and enzymes and only 30 calories per 8 ounces. Has anyone guessed it yet? No? Kombucha! :drinker: It took me awhile to get used to it, but now I love it! If you can get it, try GTs Gingerade Kombucha. It is pricier than soda, but you can also make your own which I now do. Google it! :happy:
  • erkme73
    erkme73 Posts: 5
    Options
    Coke Zero. To me, it has no diet taste at all. In fact, I drink it all the time. I can't drink regular coke anymore. It's too sweet. If you haven't tried it, grab a can or bottle (it's better than most fountain versions).
  • pensfan1
    pensfan1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I couldn't handle soda in moderation, so I quit cold turkey. I didn't care so much for the caffeine, it was all about the sweetness for me. I drink 6 oz of pineapple juice on my way to work and that keeps me happy. Strange substitution, but its working for me. 30 days, no pepsi.
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Switch to the small cans. Or diet.
  • nini6900
    nini6900 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Have a diet soda OR... what I do is I drink seltzer flavored water, its tastes really good, and with the bubbles I feel like im drinking soda
    0 calories
    0 sodium
    0 sugar