What do you consider your "maintenance" weight?

Options
123457»

Replies

• Skydaver
    Skydaver Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about others your height having different goal weights.

For example, look at two Navy divers back in their prime.

One was a skinny runner, ectomorph body type. The other was a weight lifter/body builder, endomorph body type.

I was comfortable at 165, he was comfortable at 220. We were both about the same height.
  • kalika47
    kalika47 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My goal was 135, so I went to 131 for leeway. When and if I go over 135 (I weigh weekly), I cut out certain foods that I am sure contributed to my increase....
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    When I get to my goal of 18%bf I plan to allow a 2% fluctuation in the summer and a 8% fluctuation in the winter.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Over 103 is my current panic line. I'm 100 today. I've weighed in the low 90s in the past. In theory, I'd like to get to back down to the high 90s, but so far I don't have the motivation. As 100 is a perfectly healthy weight for me I don't obsess about it.

^^^^ Ditto to a T. I'm just under 5'1" and last I weighed in, I was at 98..I'm on a new quest to only weigh once a month...I had been weighing daily...I haven't weighed myself in 9 days. I'm thinking I'm still 98-99. I have found that my weight can go up three lbs based on what I had for dinner...less of an issue earlier in the day, so I don't panic unless it stays up more than 2 days.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My goal range I like to keep within is 140-145. For my height and build, I look and feel like crap when I am under 140. I give myself a 5 lb cushion. I also pay attention to how my clothes are fitting. Currently slightly over that, so I am in losing mode again.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

One was a skinny runner, ectomorph body type. The other was a weight lifter/body builder, endomorph body type.

I was comfortable at 165, he was comfortable at 220. We were both about the same height.

Good point :smile:
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    124 lbs. and I'm 5'8". That's been my steady weight since high school.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I aim to be around 170. But a couple pounds one direction or the other is fine.
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options

The only reason I stay at the weight I am or aim for lower is because of the way my body distributes fat and the first on last off principle. There are 5'2" women who could weigh a fair bit more than I do at 100 and look good because they have different proportions.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

The only reason I stay at the weight I am or aim for lower is because of the way my body distributes fat and the first on last off principle. There are 5'2" women who could weigh a fair bit more than I do at 100 and look good because they have different proportions.

Very true :smile:
  • nhradeuce
    nhradeuce Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My current maintenance weight is 156. In six months I have fluctuated from 154-159. I don't change anything based on that number, I just weigh in weekly out of habit. I won't make any changes unless the number trends upward over a couple of months. It never has so I don't worry about it week to week.
  • pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My body is pretty happy to float around 121-122 without much effort. Right now my comfort zone extends to about 125 -- if I'm in the upper range for too long I'll take that as a hint that something's awry. I'm planning on starting a lifting program soon, though, so my "range" will likely change and focus more on measurements than scale weight.
  • Stary714
    Stary714 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached it yet but my goal weight will be somewhere between 130-150. And I'll probably give myself between 3-4 pounds before I start taking control again
  • Goldglintedwater
    Options
    I am not at my goal weight WHICH IS 125-135. i AM AT 135-140 DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF DAY AS WELL. I agree about being proportionate. I have that booty and I feel if I get to the weight i want to be then i have more than enough flab on my back to give away without me looking "too bony" I am at the lower end of my ideal weight statistically speaking for my height at 5'7" I can be anywhere from like 135-and up to 140 or something but i weigh less now then i did in high school at 148 =) I still would feel my utmost best and look my best at 125-130 for sure ^ ^
  • Goldglintedwater
    Options
    When one begins to lift you have to eat more protein(calories to repair the damage so that may be a significant change unless you eat fair amount of food already then never mind:)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I am not at my goal weight WHICH IS 125-135. i AM AT 135-140 DEPENDING ON THE TIME OF DAY AS WELL. I agree about being proportionate. I have that booty and I feel if I get to the weight i want to be then i have more than enough flab on my back to give away without me looking "too bony" I am at the lower end of my ideal weight statistically speaking for my height at 5'7" I can be anywhere from like 135-and up to 140 or something but i weigh less now then i did in high school at 148 =) I still would feel my utmost best and look my best at 125-130 for sure ^ ^

Interesting about your "booty" :laugh:
    One of the few drawbacks to my weight loss has been the lack of adipose tissue covering my coccyx.
    We travel a lot over the summer.
    We just had a 12 hour drive to Tennessee and I ended up sitting on a pillow because my tailbone was so sore :tongue:
  • horsewhisper91
    horsewhisper91 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    *sigh* I'm 5'8'' and am starting to feel like about 135 lbs is my maintenance weight. I can be between that and 133. If I go any lower it's had to keep the weight off and my doctors would rather not see me much lower than I am now.
  • RedheadedSlattern
    Options
    I'm 5"7. My "safe" number is 140, when I'm maintaining I try to keep 10lbs above or below that number, ideally within 5lbs, but eh. Sht 'appens.
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Maintenance weight is 108 pounds - I fluctuate a little less than that. I've allowed myself a 3 pound window and if I hit the maximum, it's time to buckle down.
    This. My maintenance is 109, but up or down a couple pounds and I'm still fine. :)
  • tdhandy51
    tdhandy51 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 165lbs, I've reached that and gone lower. My general weight range is 160-165 lbs and I'm happy as long as I stay within that range. I'm a bit lower than that right now though, I'm having intestinal issues and am on a clear liquids diet for a few days per my Dr. Hoping to go back to real food in a couple of days.:smile: