At the risk of offending vegetarians....

Options

Replies

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    ....why the F**K would you make your food look like meat?

Vegetarian bacon, chops, mince, sausages, burgers, kievs, Hot dogs.....WHY??????

We carnivores don't make veg shaped meat products.....
    Probably for the same reason your wife sleeps with you...it looks like a penis but only smaller and doesn't have much in the way of meat but you got to work with what you got.

hahahahahahahahahahahah..........you eat soy..you have no opinion I care about.

Technically you eat soy too. Go *read the labels in your refridgerator.

*hope I'm not assuming too much.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    You know I always wonder that... like a soy turkey
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Good question. I have another... Why do the chicken commercials (Tyson I think, idk for sure) say that their chickens are fed a vegetarian diet only?

Because sometimes companies throw meat leftovers from other processes into their chicken feed.

also, bugs. right?
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

Vegetarian bacon, chops, mince, sausages, burgers, kievs, Hot dogs.....WHY??????

Probably for the same reason your wife sleeps with you...it looks like a penis but only smaller and doesn't have much in the way of meat but you got to work with what you got.

HAHA SO FUNNNY, you insult his manhood because he is worth nothing if it is not eleventy inches , am I right?
  • jonsey_s
    jonsey_s Posts: 222
    Options

No I don't. I live in the UK and our food isn't quite as bastardised as yours. (assuming you live in the U.S.)
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options

Because I don't want to be a vegetarian. I hate it and resent it every single day, but medical issues make eating meat a NoNO(along with certain veggies).

A TVP patty in the shape of a hamburgers lets me forget occasionally that I can't eat the type of food that I love so much....
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Because we evolved as omnivorous hominoids and we crave meet. Meat is good. They want it but will not eat it for ethical or health reasons.

They want it BAD!
  • crisb2
    crisb2 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Also, meat doesn't come off the animal in hot dog or hamburger shapes. Maybe we're all just programmed to chow patties... even us weirdos who want soy-based patties :P

LOL!!!
  • xtrasmall
    Options
    um well cuz a burger patty or sausage link is convenient to cook but at least does not come off an animal but rather from healthy like soy or gardein quinoa stuff i would say. im practically vegan but eat some dairy like yogurt sometimes n i eat seafood bout twice a week so ya.
  • dressagester
    dressagester Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have fond memories of eating meat. I quite enjoyed it. But for a number of reasons that are not relevant to this thread I not longer eat meat.

Just like when I was single I enjoyed a facsimile of something when the real thing wasn't around. I bet that doesn't seem so weird. :flowerforyou:
  • sarabreck
    sarabreck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You think there is such a thing as "meat shaped"? The meat you eat is cut into that shape just like the fake meat is, most likely for practical reasons (e.g. bacon gets fried, so it should be flat and thin).

It never ceases to amaze me how judgmental omnivorous people are over my food choices, and then claim that we veggies are the sensitive ones. Take a look deep within yourself and think about why. I suspect that you all feel guilty about how selfish and gluttonous your food choices are.

For the record, I don't eat fake meat.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

No I don't. I live in the UK and our food isn't quite as bastardised as yours. (assuming you live in the U.S.)

Yes, you only sell horse meat and make people believe its beef.
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Chickens that are allowed to free range will eat worms, grubs, and insects and are NOT strictly vegetarian. You often see them "hunting"... quality entertainment. :flowerforyou:
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Well for me i dont want to offend vegetarians and fruitarians

but my opinion is lean meat,fish,poultry,dairy products,etc is important in our body too because of the protein,amino acids & calcium,, am I right?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

but my opinion is lean meat,fish,poultry,dairy products,etc is important in our body too because of the protein,amino acids & calcium,, am I right?
    You can get all of those things in abundance from other sources.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat- and the meat shaped things are a little off putting to me as well-
    It reminds me of why I don't eat meat personally.
    I think it's a marketing ploy for people who want to grab something quick to throw in a frypan.
    I like to recognise the food I eat so I'll stick to fruit, vegies, nuts and legumes etc.
    If I can lead a happy healthy life without harming others - why wouldn't I?
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm a meat eater but I do really enjoy 'real' vegetarian meals. When the focus is on using non animal ingredients there seems to be more creativity in the recipe. Meat gives a meal a few pegs on the ladder so if you can't use it you need to think outside the box to make it delicious.

Tibetan Kitchen here in Brisbane has fantastic vegetarian food. I know they're a bit heavy on the calorie count but chick peas in a soup are delicious!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options

You can get all of those things in abundance from other sources.

your right,, well the disadvantage of this lean meat,etc are they contain high amount of calories and bad fats,,
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm a meat eater but I do really enjoy 'real' vegetarian meals. When the focus is on using non animal ingredients there seems to be more creativity in the recipe. Meat gives a meal a few pegs on the ladder so if you can't use it you need to think outside the box to make it delicious.

Tibetan Kitchen here in Brisbane has fantastic vegetarian food. I know they're a bit heavy on the calorie count but chick peas in a soup are delicious!

Yes!! Tibetan Kitchen, Botanica at Red Hill make fantastic take away!
    There's plenty of deliciousness in an Indian restaurant.
    I agree about the creativity level when meat is out- the spices and other ingredients are amazing!!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty hard to offend as a vegetarian, but I do it purely for health reasons. I actually think that the cuter the animal is, the better it tastes. Case in point? What's better: A burger or veal? Veal. Deer meat? Effing delicious. Bambi tastes go-od...

Under this theory otters and baby seals have got to be about the most delicious foods on the planet.

That being said, I've lost over 100 lbs, 80 of which were since converting to the whole not eating meat thing. Soyrizo tastes the same as real chorizo but is less greasy and fattening. I *like* the fake meatballs. I don't have fake meat every day and I don't criticize those who eat real meat. It's what works for me.
This discussion has been closed.