Tattoo sleeves on women!

Options

Replies

• 1horseygirl1
    1horseygirl1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I am getting a floral half sleeve when I hit goal weight. I am really looking forward to it.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    alien-spine-tattoo.jpeg
    Holy hell! That is an amazing tattoo! I've been wanting something similar.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I always wonder why people ask someone's opinion in a public setting, but get offended when it is opposite of their own.....What's the point in asking?

Anywhoo, I like tattoos and have a few of my own, but when it comes to sleeves/full back pieces, some women look classy, most look trashy IMO. Same for the men. But again, tattoos are a form of art. Not everyone likes a Picasso....
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzek3fGhos1qb5gkjo1_500.jpg

Love :love:

I have a full back piece and a few other singles. I would love a sleeve and I have it in mind for a gift for myself when I get the actual arms I want lol personally, I think sleeves look hot on hot women. Sleeves on my fat arms would just make me look like a trucker.

Don't let anyone tell you you'll regret it, especially strangers on the Internet. They have no idea who you are or where your life will take you.

There are downsides to being heavily tattooed. I had one company change their dress code when I joined to ban visible tattoos. It was a shipping company mainly staffed by ex sailors. Hadn't been a problem for men to have tattoos, but they took offence at tattooed women. It was insulting, but it was a good job with excellent pay and it was my first job in 20 years in IT that had a problem, so I sucked it up. I am in the UK though. We're a bit more liberal here.

I rarely go to events where I'd want to where a cocktail style dress, but on the rare occasions, a pretty wrap does the job. A sleeve would be harder to cover, if you felt the need.

But seriously, are you going to live your life for the odd event that may or may not ever happen? I'm 44, have been tattooed since I was 17 and it's part of my identity, I've made some **** choices, tattoo wise, so make sure you plan it very carefully and get absolutely the right artist for your style. Travel if necessary.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    could not marry a girl with a bunch of tattoos. so trashy.

Damn. And you're such a catch...
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    could not marry a girl with a bunch of tattoos. so trashy.

Yup. That must be why my wedding photos looked AWESOME.
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    I always wonder why people ask someone's opinion in a public setting, but get offended when it is opposite of their own.....What's the point in asking?

Anywhoo, I like tattoos and have a few of my own, but when it comes to sleeves/full back pieces, some women look classy, most look trashy IMO. Same for the men. But again, tattoos are a form of art. Not everyone likes a Picasso....
    I don't recall getting offended in this thread?!
  • nichi123
    Options
    You have to do what you want to and with your body.

I have started on my leg and I'm wondering what the same thing as a sleeve would be called on your leg.

I didn't even get my first one till I was 42 and I'm working on my 3rd.

Think about what you put on your body forever. Remember that you will look at it for the rest of your life and you'd better love it.

That's why it took me so long to get one. I wanted ink, my entire life, but I also knew I didn't just want to get it because. When I found my first tat, I KNEW as soon as I saw it that I wanted it.

My second one commemorates something that I accomplished and can't ever be taken away.

My third will have deep meaning to me.

Covering them or work conditions:
    I work in a place that would mean that I would have to not have my ink showing. So, my ink is in a place that I can choose if it is seen or not.

I hope this answers your questions.
    Like I said before, I have many tattoos already. It's not about me regretting it. It's about what other people's opinions of sleeves on women was. I know I won't regret it. Thanks for your comments :)
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes and more yes! I don't have one yet, working on it... slowly. As the weight comes off, the tattoos come on. :)
  • mckant
    mckant Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Love them! Wish I had the nerve to do it. If you want one I say go for it and don't worry about what other people say or think :)
  • Susan_fessler
    Susan_fessler Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    working on half sleeves on each arm. I also have may other on my legs and back. I love them and will be 40 in October, I did practice with 3/4 sleeve shirts if I have to cover them but I got a new job that does not mind them and has no problem but stated if someone complains I would have to cover them.

I got what I wanted they don't have some amazing deep meaning they are just things I love (hippos and comic books) I am sure most who just see them think they are stupid but if they knew me it would make total seance and I know I will like them for ever. My tattoos are for me and not anyone else.

As to the guys who say I would never marry/date a woman with sleeves to each his/her own and I most likely won't have much in common with those guys anyway. I have been married for 16 years and he likes them (didn't have any any when started dating) so it's all good. That is what makes people interesting is that we all don't like the same things.
  • nichi123
    Options
    Love them! Wish I had the nerve to do it. If you want one I say go for it and don't worry about what other people say or think :)
    Love this comment, thanks!
  • johe28
    johe28 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think it's pretty sexy myself.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Others wise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.

^^ This. Removing a small tattoo is one thing - removing a sleeve is whole different ball game.

I've seen some really great ones that are incredibly sexy, but I've also seen some that are really bad. Some have said yeah or nay as to whether it will look good at 30 yrs old. What about 50? 60? It's just my own opinion, but I think tattoos look stupid on elderly women.

Think long and hard.
  • nichi123
    Options
    Consider your career aspirations. If you go into a professional environment be prepared to always wear long sleeves. Others wise no problem...just make sure the artist is good, you always wear sunscreen, and think long and hard about the design.

^^ This. Removing a small tattoo is one thing - removing a sleeve is whole different ball game.

I've seen some really great ones that are incredibly sexy, but I've also seen some that are really bad. Some have said yeah or nay as to whether it will look good at 30 yrs old. What about 50? 60? It's just my own opinion, but I think tattoos look stupid on elderly women.

Think long and hard.
    I have. I'm doing it. And as for career? Well, I will just have to get a job where my employers don't mind. I really don't care about that!!
  • AbbsyBabbsy
    AbbsyBabbsy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have. I'm doing it. And as for career? Well, I will just have to get a job where my employers don't mind. I really don't care about that!!

Exactly, why worry about long term consequences when making a permanent decisions. It'll just work itself out, no worries.
  • brittyandian
    brittyandian Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, didnt read the comments at all, BUT I LOVE tattoos and half sleeves on women! Im getting my half sleeve soon! I also have 5 tattoo now one being a very visible chest piece.
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    don't do it! you will regret it in your thirties - trust me, its not a good look on girls!

As a woman in her 30's I can promise you that is not the case for everyone. I love my tattoos! And i have a harry potter half sleeve. The problem is people get them to try and be cool instead of thinking is this really for me. I suggest people don't get them for the fun of it and actually put some thought into the artist and the piece prior to getting the work done.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Any tattoo that is not in a hidden location is stupid, unless you either already have established yourself or don't plan on going into a "real" career path.
    You can argue over discrimination, self-choice, or whatever you want for as long as you want, but people will not hire those with a large number of tats, you strongly limit your potential

I have several tats, but all are easily hidden for a reason. Who wants an attorney with sleeves?

Because having a sleeve make him a bad attorney ?!?
    That's just plain stupid...
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

As a woman in her 30's I can promise you that is not the case for everyone. I love my tattoos! And i have a harry potter half sleeve. The problem is people get them to try and be cool instead of thinking is this really for me. I suggest people don't get them for the fun of it and actually put some thought into the artist and the piece prior to getting the work done.
    [/quote]

Pics or didn't happen! Kidding :) I love the LOTR one on your leg, but you def need to include pic of the Potter half-sleeve.