How much is it possible to change body in 5 months?

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,538 Member
    Options
    Can be significant if one has a sensible exercise program and is consistent with a moderate calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Since 30 June [51 days?] I've lost 27lbs.

Wow that's brill
  • brinsy
    Options
    Can be significant if one has a sensible exercise program and is consistent with a moderate calorie deficit.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

So move more eat healthier and less calories
  • brinsy
    Options
    I've dropped a dress size in less than 3 weeks with ChaLEAN extreme. I love it!

I've never heard of chaLEAN
  • brinsy
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself but I started in May this year and took my measurements. I took them again in August and have lost 1" from my bust, nothing from my waist, half an inch from tops of my arms and legs and calves and an amazing 4" from my hips. I count the calories and only exercise I do is walking but I try to do at least 10-12 miles a week.

I never take measurements kind of afraid!! The scales are bad enough lol
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself but I started in May this year and took my measurements. I took them again in August and have lost 1" from my bust, nothing from my waist, half an inch from tops of my arms and legs and calves and an amazing 4" from my hips. I count the calories and only exercise I do is walking but I try to do at least 10-12 miles a week.

But sometimes when the scales don't move you often find that the tape measure has. :wink:
  • brinsy
    Options

But sometimes when the scales don't move you often find that the tape measure has. :wink:

Or ud hope lol ;) maybe ill take the plunge and measure this evening. The first measurements will hopefully be the worst ones
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how much I could change my body in 5 months of healthy eating and going from no exercise to exercising or at least walking everyday. What is realistic? Also this I hope is going to be a life change for me not just a five month thing. I know it'll take determination but its obviously possible if you really want it-the success stories on here show that.

It's been about 6 months, with a bit over 30 lb loss, and for *me* that's made quite a change ~ as in from shopping for plus size clothes to just yesterday buying a few items from the junior department and enabling me to fit in to my old clothes!

Another thing that's changed in the last 6 months is that I can cross my legs comfortably at the knee and bend over to polish my toenails with ease ;) ~ simple pleasures that mean a lot to me!

Good luck to you!
  • brinsy
    Options
    Just wondering how much I could change my body in 5 months of healthy eating and going from no exercise to exercising or at least walking everyday. What is realistic? Also this I hope is going to be a life change for me not just a five month thing. I know it'll take determination but its obviously possible if you really want it-the success stories on here show that.

It's been about 6 months, with a bit over 30 lb loss, and for *me* that's made quite a change ~ as in from shopping for plus size clothes to just yesterday buying a few items from the junior department and enabling me to fit in to my old clothes!

Another thing that's changed in the last 6 months is that I can cross my legs comfortably at the knee and bend over to polish my toenails with ease ;) ~ simple pleasures that mean a lot to me!

Good luck to you!

Awe well done u!! :D
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I lost at least 40 lbs in 5 months.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    In 5 months I have lost 20 pounds. Most of it was through diet. I have started at the gym in the last 5 weeks.

Here is what is possible in 5 months:

Click on URL for full image.
    http://i.imgur.com/ruzgFRT.jpg

ruzgFRT.jpg
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The biggest changes happened for me from two to five months. I didn't see much in the first 2 months, so be patient and consistent, then I dropped 40 pounds until 5 th months and then the weight loss was very slow after that. So expect a lot!
  • RacerX_14
    RacerX_14 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible. I lost 40 lbs and got in the best shape of my life! Good luck!!!
  • footiechick82
    footiechick82 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    A lot...

January to May... look at my "ticker"... the 2 last pics.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 something lbs in 5 months, and went from walking being easy but running being impossible to jogging 5 km and doing major cycling events
  • brinsy
    Options
    I lost at least 40 lbs in 5 months.

Wow 40!!! That's amazing work
  • brinsy
    Options
    In 5 months I have lost 20 pounds. Most of it was through diet. I have started at the gym in the last 5 weeks.

Here is what is possible in 5 months:

Click on URL for full image.
    http://i.imgur.com/ruzgFRT.jpg

ruzgFRT.jpg

It's really possible so! :)
  • brinsy
    Options
    The biggest changes happened for me from two to five months. I didn't see much in the first 2 months, so be patient and consistent, then I dropped 40 pounds until 5 th months and then the weight loss was very slow after that. So expect a lot!

The waiting to see the difference....to see that I'm actually succeeding and making a difference will be the hardest part maybe
  • brinsy
    Options
    Anything is possible. I lost 40 lbs and got in the best shape of my life! Good luck!!!

Aw well done !! And thank u :D
  • brinsy
    Options
    A lot...

January to May... look at my "ticker"... the 2 last pics.

U look amazing!