After 65 lb weight loss.. NOW being called fat?

Options

Replies

• lyndajane14
    Options
    Stephanie,
    They are jealous that you are doing it the smart way, without fad diets , or pills! Hold your head up high ! You look amazing ! I'm so sorry about the remarks , but try to push it aside and think of the positives that your journey has given you! Everyone here on MFP loves you and will encourage you every step of the way ! DON' T give up ! You can message any of us I'm sure if you need to talk !
    Hang in there kiddo .
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    You are so cute. You look really good. People are just stupid. One thing I've noticed is people are nicer since I lost weight. I know its ridiculous but its true. When I go out tp eat I am rarely charged for extras and a lot of the time I share with my hisband and they don't charge. Olive garden. I eat salad a bread stick and a couple bites of my husbands. They usually just chatge me for my drink. Awesome right. Well now I order even if I take it home because my husband doesn't want them to think we can't afford it. Before they would charge me for every morsel of food. I eat way more than I use to. And weird guys are nice to me and give me way too much unwanted attention. I just ignore it. You can get mean people no matter how you look. I prefer to be sweet inside so I reflect sweetness on the outside.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    You have done amazingly well and look fantastic. Hold your head up high and take a good look at your progress. It's worth it because you have more energy, have reduced your risk of chronic illnesses and you look brilliant too. Perhaps you're getting comments now that you didn't get before because you look more confident and people think you can 'take it'. Whatever reason, the people that make comments are not worth your self destruction. You have so much to gain by keeping going and what will it prove if you give up? Believe in yourself (you've got every good reason to) and be proud of how far you've come.
  • Christinesyear
    Christinesyear Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Because you look great!
  • lablueluna
    Options
    First of all, you look FABULOUS! Don't let some silly idiot girls keep you from using a gym. And don't let ANYONE else make you feel bad. Easier said than done-I've been there many times and it hurts. Haters gonna hate. There is nothing you can do to take away the mean comments, and it stings to hear them, but please realize that such petty, ignorant, hurtful behavior is so much more a reflection on THEM, not you. Also, I bet you those girls couldn't do what you were doing.

Don't give up. Keep kicking butt and hold your head up high!

:smile:
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Don't let those kind of people ruin your determination. They were probably jealous you could workout harder than them. Congrats on the weight loss and keep going. There are People that try to break us and you need to break through them and find yourself. You can do it just take it one day at a time :)
  • MzFiaSkinny
    Options
    Bless your soul for having so much patience with those two rats! I would've given them a well deserved punch in the faces. Congrats on the weight loss you look AMAZING!!!! :)
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Tell them that what goes around comes around. Or ask how high their IQ is.

Funny I was thinking their future is "you want fries with that?" lol You should have told them next time I challenge you and lets see if you can run it without passing out...skinny doesn't mean they are in shape or have good cardio lungs...

Don't let mean people get you down girl..you look great. As for that kid who said that to you..girl I would have found his mother and gave her a what for..she is raising a bully already...but then again if he was nasty like that I am guessing she was also because he had to learn it from somewhere...

Go back to working out ..don't let anyone stop you...

I went from 189 to 144 sent my mom a before and after pic she said to me nice but you still have more to lose..MY OWN MOTHER...basically I said to myself F her she is just a miserable old lady who likes to bring everyone down to her level..I didn't let it stop me...

GO WORKOUT>..you'll thank yourself..

Hugs..and friend me if you want someone to chat with
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    In my opinion you look great, honestly just ignore them. Get back in the game and use their stupidity to fuel your workouts, when you feel like giving up, just think of slamming your results in their ignorant faces. Please don't let others have an impact on you to the point you give up, your letting them win.
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Options
    So you are letting those stupid girls scare you away from the gym? Prove them all wrong!!!
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You've made amazing progress and you're going to let a few small-minded idiots keep you from doing even better?

Looking at the bright side, you've only gained back 10 lb. Compared to what you've lost, that's in the weeds. Get back with the program, back to the gym, and if people make remarks, strut your stuff with a little humor: "If you think I'm fat now, you shoulda seen me last year. I was as big as a HOUSE!" Being so open about it will probably put the haters off a bit, and for the genuinely curious (how can you do that?), it should inspire some admiration of them for you. You're doing something harder than they can even imagine. Know that, and take comfort in the fact that you've already accomplished a lot, and the best is yet to come.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    People are jerks. Im about 100 lbs lighter than u a size 10 ( I know Im not super skinny) I got jerks calling me fat it happens ignore it dont let them get u down and get in the way of ur goals.
  • miniversion
    miniversion Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your pictures show such a wonderful change. Please do not let some ignorant comments derail you from achieving your goal. Young kids do not know better. Hopefully they will learn. If the girls are still at the gym, the next time I go I would probably approach them in a calm manner and tell the person that talked to you that her question was mean and hurt you, just in case she did not realize that. You hope, eventhough you are currently heavier than she is, that you are at least nicer to others, and when you reach your goal you hope to be even nicer to people. You hope then that she would have learned to be more sensitive and be nicer too. Smile and then just go on wih the workout....
  • YaMon22072
    Options
    Wow Stephanie. I am so sorry that you had to deal with these douche-bags. People can truly suck. I give you so much credit for walking away w/o punching them in the nose first. That is certainly what I would have wanted to do. I am so jealous of your before and after pictures. You are doing an amazing job. You have lost so much and you are able to run. I have so much to lose and I can barely walk up the stairs w/o being winded. Keep doing what you are doing, flash them a bird or 2 and know that you have true friends here who support you and want to be like you. :) Sometimes the best friends are ones you have never met. :) Take care and smile.
  • nicoleashley_24
    nicoleashley_24 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to read what you've had to deal with when I can't at least hug you or yell at some people, lol! In my opinion, you're never going to satisfy everyone... I've been underweight, healthy, overweight, and obese and for every person that thought I looked good, there was someone who disagreed. Now I don't worry about what anyone else thinks of my body and I work towards MY ideal body and what I feel most comfortable doing. It's made a world of difference. *hugs*
  • 06cgluci
    06cgluci Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stephanie, you're amazing! I commend you on your progress and how well you carry yourself. People will always try to degrade others to make themselves better, and those are the people who we should truly pity. They have their own issues and rather than facing them they would like to shift the focus to other people. I went from 5"4' 220lbs to 164 lbs so I have been there. Don't let them bring you down! You are beautiful!
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Wow! It sounds like you're surrounded by crappy people! It's easy to say IGNORE THEM! But it's hard to do. I would suggest finding more positive people to surround you. You don't need that negativity in your life what you're making such wonderful progress!
  • Gettinfit242
    Gettinfit242 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    holy crap girl, youve done fantastic!!! screw them all, they have no idea... they were probably born skinny, and never had to worry about weight a day in their life,, well karms is a *****, they will get theirs!! YOu on the other hand keep it up youve done SO GREAT!!!!
  • Mommybug2
    Mommybug2 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    These girls were actually paying you a compliment in a really bad, ignorant, and politically incorrect way. I mean they were amazed at what you are doing because you don't see a lot of larger women putting their all into it. When I started my journey almost 60lbs ago I was the largest person in the gym most of the time when I went. I was very very self-conscious but knew I had to get over that to get over being obese. On the rare occasion I saw another larger person come into the gym it would generally be someone in a brand new workout outfit who would get on the treadmill/elliptical and go very slow for 15 minutes and then leave. Amazing that I never saw them there more then two or three times huh? So the question posed to you was actually a compliment to the fact that you give it your all and weren't giving up.

Don't let a few social morons discourage you. What worked best for me is finding a time that the gym is relatively empty. I found that after work the gym is full of ignorant gym bunnies but if I go during my lunch break there are only a few people there and they are all trying to get in and get out so they aren't hanging around socializing or paying attention to me.
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    That is horrible, some people only feel better by making other feel awful. You look great, honestly you look lighter than you are. Don't let others take a way the amazing progress you have made.