Ideas for non-food rewards for losing weight?

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    When I reached my goal I bought myself a heart rate monitor :)
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Personal training sessions... to help me get past the next stage and get lean!
  • Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Once I hit 199 (which is 9 pounds away) I plan on getting my nose pierced for the 3rd and final time.

I'm not sure about other rewards, but I know I want to reward myself for working my butt off and changing my life because of diabetes and recovering from an eating disorder. I chose life, that's a reason to celebrate. I'm battling disease and mental illness I think I deserve something small for that. :P

I don't know what I'm going to do once I hit my goal weight. Especially since I'm not sure what it is anymore. 160, 150, or 130. I'm thinking though, that I may finish off my sleeves.
  • ramsx1991
    ramsx1991 Posts: 142 Member
    I buy myself new athletic clothing!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    I've bought a Trollbeads leather bracelet and treat myself to new charms for my minor goals and my husband has bought me an Osorey clutch for my GW.
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    I started with little rewards, new makeup, underwear etc, then I bought a Bodymedia Fit at 50lbs lost and at Onederland I went to a Mötley Crüe concert. Next goal is reaching a healthy BMI: I'm probably going to buy some fluorescent Nikes. Then at goal, I'm going to have a Biggest Loser style makeover: hair, nails, clothes, photoshoot. Can't wait. :happy:
  • aliceclutz90
    aliceclutz90 Posts: 151 Member
    Massage is a great one! Another way to make yourself feel awesome without food. May even make you feel better than a cheat meal would!

Or you could plan a day out like an activity day or something
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Lots of nice clothing and shoes
    Diet drinks
    Playing video games
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Dinner with friends to show off your achievements. Underwear :)
  • hanooa1
    hanooa1 Posts: 1
    That is a great Idea.

Well what i will try to do is buy a piece of clothes that a 1 size smaller so once i reach my goal i can wear it

P.S. chose something that you really REALLY want to wear. ;)
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    I've always said I want my belly button pierced, with only 6lbs to go I'm getting scared!!
    I also treated myself to a couple of bikinis to wear on our winter sun holiday, I've not worn a bikini in over 20 yrs!!
  • Cruxthemystic
    Cruxthemystic Posts: 149 Member
    I use to hate shopping for clothes now it's my favorite thing to do. When I reach my goal I want a pair of Harley Davidson jeans, yes I ride my own motorcycle. Along the way to that I have treated my self to new clothes including, yikes, workout tights. I also bought nail polish and a microdermabrasion system. A new purse and lots of shoes, lol. I feel better even pretty and want the world to see it. Next year maybe even an expensive bathing suit. Treats help keep me motivated.
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    The first season of Once Upon a Time (:
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Open a separate savings account. Put £5 in for every pound you lose. Then when you hit your goal... SPEND. :-D
  • karen19711
    karen19711 Posts: 99 Member
    One word.........Shoes.........Smile K xo
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Spa, spa, spa esp. Facial it'll make you feel even more beautiful.
    Handbag.
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    I've been doing non-food rewards at every 10 pounds I lost. I started out buying all health related items, HRM, new bathroom scales, new kitchen scales, new walking shoes, new cookbooks, then I progressed onto luxuries. It's a wonderful way to help motivate yourself.
  • Dbernier1981
    Dbernier1981 Posts: 39 Member
    I agree- mani/pedis!

Put something you really like in a shopping cart at an online store. Click "buy" when you hit your goal
  • Erithil
    Erithil Posts: 52
    I think a boxing bag would be a fun reward
  • These are all great ideas! When I hit 20 lbs lost, I'm getting a pedicure!