Why are chest pictures so common?

Replies

• porkchopss
    porkchopss Posts: 14 Member
    Whoops my profile pic is horrible if taken in a bad way, geez I screwed up the cuteness of a minion
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    The simplist answer is the logical one.

To post progress pics that are not banned an upper torso one is about all there is.
    For ladies that included their chest area.

Stop over thinking it b
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Crazy, right? People like showing their bodies on a fitness site . . .
  • chubaway
    chubaway Posts: 1,645 Member
    I think pictures, and animated gifs are in order.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Did you really just ask that question?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    not snarky, genuinely curious.

If you've never experienced curiosity then... well.. hmm.

Okay then, I can speak for the reason I have my bicep picture up (even if you calling me a bro is odd).

I have worked hard for my arm muscles. I am proud of them. I have lost quite a bit of weight and am beginning to see definition in the arms that I have worked so hard for. That large weight loss has caused loose skin everywhere, including on my arms, which though shrinking is clearly visible in my bro pic. I decided to not buy into my self critical thinking pattern and to put up that picture anyway. Apparently, in doing so I gained a penis. Though that may have some benefits (much easier when camping/hiking/writing in snow), it may cause my spouse dismay. Or it may not, we'll find out.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Crap, I think he is talking to me.

Think so.. LMAO
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Because when people post photos of their genitals, they are deleted by the moderators. HTH.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    What do you want a picture of then?

Thank you.
  • xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    I feel like once a female becomes a bro...

Crap is this what MFP does to woman?
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    For some reason, honestly, any guy who has the--implied nudity hip to neck shot of the six pack and pecks...with no face in the picture...yeah, Anthony Weiner, I can listen to anything your creeper fingers type. Yup...sorry.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Once my pecs get more defined, I'm uploading a pec selfie :glasses:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Is it because females in particular have never felt wanted and WANT to be objectified on MFP? I feel like once a female becomes a bro... arm flexing and boob pictures get uploaded ASAP.

Not complaining... I like boobs and fitness, but I think it's making MFP creepier than it needs to be.

Well, I'm flexing and showing my bum but I don't want to be objectified. I'm showing the results of a lot of hard work.

Three years ago, I wasn't exactly happy about my back fat rolls, cellulite and flabby arms. But I thought, "Hey, you're in your late 30s. This is what late 30s looks like." I've never been so happy to be wrong. :smile: I'm 41 now and thrilled with what all that hard work has done to me.

Plus, at this stage of the game, I give advice more than I ask for it. If I'm going to be giving advice, I think it's only fair that I show what I following my own advice did.
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    if i had big boobs i'd probably be proud of them too. Just like all the shirtless men with abs. *shrug*

GOT DAMN! Who needs big boobs when you got a body like that.
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    no chest photos? Guess they will have to be replaced with butt photos then
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    For some reason, honestly, any guy who has the--implied nudity hip to neck shot of the six pack and pecks...with no face in the picture...yeah, Anthony Weiner, I can listen to anything your creeper fingers type. Yup...sorry.

But i am a good person.

I just dont want to show my face for privacy reasons. I am proud of my body...i worked very hard for it.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    <
    Ok ok changed it for my lady pecs :devil:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    How about my tongue then LMAO. :P
  • sub10orbust
    sub10orbust Posts: 706 Member
    hater
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Because when people post photos of their genitals, they are deleted by the moderators. HTH.
    It was just that one time that I posted that photo. Are you ever going to stop mentioning it? :grumble: