• Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    PUFF PUFF PASS ::COUGH:: :::COUGH::
    YUP STILL LOSING WEIGHT:smokin:
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    I can ruin a whole month's work during the week aunt Flo comes to visit.
    Smoking munchies, however, tend to be alot healthier and creative. Cottonmouth makes sure I drink way more than 8 glasses of water. Love long walks in the country with a little buzz, or jump on the trampoline or hula-hoop, or riding my bike, oh and swinging, swimming... Hmm all these things get me outside too lol.
    Some people are couch potato stoners and some aren't, so I will reiterate that everyone should do what works with their goals and their life.
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Um...It didn't effect my weightloss or maintenance...
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Im actaully an addictions counselor.... and I know a lot of my clients started doing various drugs and alcohol as a weight loss solution.
    i do not recomend it at all.
    any drug or alcohol can aid or hinder your weight loss... but its a quick fix, and after you become addicted its a harder battle and not worth it at all.
    I do not recomend anyone take drugs as a means to lose weight.

In my working experience (and Ive never used drugs so I cant talk on a personal level)
    Marijunia gives you the munchies and you eat and eat and eat when smoking
    untill you become addicted.. and then marijunia stops giving you the effects you want, so you switch to a harder drug.. and thats when the weight loss comes in
    but so does the decrease of health and motivation.. along with the loss of almost everything you have.

Have you ever smoked pot and have you ever been addicted to drugs? I grew up in a family full of addiction (battled addiction myself) and heard the same bs from other addiction counselors. Reading it in a book doesn't mean anything. I can tell by the way you talk about pot that you have been taught what to say but you really have no idea what you are talking about. In situation like this work experience is not the same as life experience.
  • margebouvierx2
    Options
    Im actaully an addictions counselor.... and I know a lot of my clients started doing various drugs and alcohol as a weight loss solution.
    i do not recomend it at all.
    any drug or alcohol can aid or hinder your weight loss... but its a quick fix, and after you become addicted its a harder battle and not worth it at all.
    I do not recomend anyone take drugs as a means to lose weight.

In my working experience (and Ive never used drugs so I cant talk on a personal level)
    Marijunia gives you the munchies and you eat and eat and eat when smoking
    untill you become addicted.. and then marijunia stops giving you the effects you want, so you switch to a harder drug.. and thats when the weight loss comes in
    but so does the decrease of health and motivation.. along with the loss of almost everything you have.

Have you ever smoked pot and have you ever been addicted to drugs? I grew up in a family full of addiction (battled addiction myself) and heard the same bs from other addiction counselors. Reading it in a book doesn't mean anything. I can tell by the way you talk about pot that you have been taught what to say but you really have no idea what you are talking about. In situation like this work experience is not the same as life experience.

You are correct see this "In my working experience (and Ive never used drugs so I cant talk on a personal level)"
    In this country I think counsellors (We spell it as Counsellor) are paid to talk bs. straight out of a book and always, and I mean always talk about your "crutch"
    I bet they go home after an easy day at the office and have a huge gin or glass of wine.
  • curly1986
    curly1986 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I smoked it fairly regularly I did get the munchies and biscuits were my munchie choice. I could easily eat nearly a whole packet of chocolate digestives. Now there were some weeks I smoked every night, so thats a lot of biscuits. Never gained a pound. Could never understand it myself, I put it down to the fact that it increased my heartrate and maybe temporarily increased my metabolism. I don't know.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    The last guy that came into my Thai Boxing class stoned I knocked out with a shin kick to his neck. When he got up one of my students then knocked him out with a spinning back elbow. In my gym we prefer there to be no smoking and no drugs please. If you do smoke around us it will be bad for your health.

I wish the Diaz brothers would walk into your gym.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Hasn't stopped me from losing - I just fit the snacks into my macros, just like all my other food. And when I was on my honeymoon in Jamaica I actually lost weight.

Drinking,though? That makes me buy largea$$ burritos and poutine, and THAT certainly stalls things for a good long while... :wink:
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh you're going to like my answer! No. Absolutely not. I smoke herb daily. (pals, please don't disown me for outting myself!) I have lost 65 pounds and smoking has not hindered my success. I agree with the others who said the munchies would obviously create a bit of a problem. I was able to keep those over-eating moments under control. It's all about being accountable and logging those calories. Of course alcohol makes you gain if not just for the calories in it alone.. weed doesn't have calories! That is definitely one of it's perks. If you have any other thoughts or questions.. feel free to send me a message!
    Editing to say.. best of luck to you!!

This, the first time I unintentionally lost weight I was a heavy pot smoker.I don't even know how much weight I lost, I only noticed because I had to shop for new and smaller clothes.
  • Flabulousss
    Options
    Personally I don't think it's necessary to eat after smoking. I've definitely smoked a fair bit, had the munchies for a little while, but didn't eat a thing the whole night. I think there's a time period where you can just wait it out, but I could be wrong. I've heard people say eating a decent meal beforehand helps, but I've not cared to experiment since merely ignoring "the munchies" is enough for me. It's also possible to just eat a salad or something.
  • shivles
    shivles Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Apparently the THC causes your blood sugar to drop and that's why you ge munchies (don't take my word as gospel, just what I read!) and I get BAD munchies so I try to avoid it unless I'm having a cheat day. Although if I only have healthy food it's not so bad, just means I eat tubs of cottage cheese before even leaving the kitchen lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    I've indulged in the herb during all my weight loss. No problem.
    :smokin:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    TL;DR but in before lock.

u2f7qI1.gif

GLim266.jpg
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love the green and it hasn't hindered my weight loss, of course sometimes I just want some nachos but I don't have to be stoned for that craving. Like others have stated before me, I just fit any snacks into my macros...it also helps any veggies I cook into my food taste better which is a plus because I dislike most of them.

Also, it's organic so you're smoking clean guize! :smokin:
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also think when you've been a smoker for years and years the munchies actually wear off quite a bit. I think new smokers will often get the munchies quite bad.
    Different smokes have a different buzz, so some will cause munchies more than others.

I don't smoke, but my husband has been a smoker for 10+ years and this past year shed 60 lbs. All long term smokers I know don't get the munchies any more.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    PUFF PUFF PASS ::COUGH:: :::COUGH::
    YUP STILL LOSING WEIGHT:smokin:

Pretty much.
    Makes no difference IIFYM eat it - if you go over don't expect to lose weight, just like anything else.
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    4:20 all the way and still losing :)
    On the other hand, my mother was told by her Dr that she needs to gain weight. She has done everything she can to put on the weight but she just can't gain.
    The Dr's suggestion...smoke pot, it will give you the munchies LOL!!!
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I have found it helpful with exercise. It can make the most boring repetitive exercise fun for a much longer time frame. I can get out and walk for miles, before I realize that I have been walking for miles. Lol :laugh:
    Working out to a JM DVD is much easier after partaking. I can deal with her abrasive personality much better. the time doesn't matter as much and I have noticed I will work out for a much longer time frame.
    This is just my two cents.

:flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The last guy that came into my Thai Boxing class stoned I knocked out with a shin kick to his neck. When he got up one of my students then knocked him out with a spinning back elbow. In my gym we prefer there to be no smoking and no drugs please. If you do smoke around us it will be bad for your health.

tumblr_lxtq1fDmPb1r8058ko1_500.gif
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Too lazy to check if I already commented, but IN for the weed.
This discussion has been closed.