S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options

Replies

• ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

Then WHERE is my sammich???:angry:

Hahaha!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    did the weight come on after the relationship started?

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.
  • justaloozer
    justaloozer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bye b*tch! :drinker:

Yup!
  • PicNic00
    PicNic00 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I would say "*kitten* you". *Autobots roll out*

^^^^Snort! LMAO!!!
  • neskapolita1978
    neskapolita1978 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My ex was overweight and called me fat when I was 133 pounds. (Even at 5'2" that's not fat)

So he got to f*** right off
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is hard enough, who needs to be motivated by negatives like that? I would ditch him and fill my life with more positive people.

It's one thing to be motivated by negative posibilities of heart disease and things like that, but if my s/o told me he'd leave me if I didn't lose weight I'd tell him he'd better just leave now because his attitude sucks. I'd always have that fear of "omg I've gained he's going to leave me." Who needs that? No one.
  • Elheffe99
    Elheffe99 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bam!
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

Then WHERE is my sammich???:angry:

I'd offer to make you one but you denied my FR :sad:

:wink:
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Wave.

YES!!!!

BYE!!!!!!!!
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I'd make dumb posts all day on MFP.

On an unrelated note, has your proposed scenario happened to you, OP?

OP seems to be posting hypotheticals today...

But it's more fun than more recipes for abusing cauliflower so...

I would do my best to lose the weight. I'd assume that this sort of ultimatum would not come on a whim over 10-20 vanity pounds, but rather from an amount of excess weight that would be likely to negatively impact my health and our lifestyles going forward - and after more subtle approaches have failed for some time.

I would not choose to get divorced so that I could remain unhealthy.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    It depends ...if you got married heavy perhaps that's the attraction...you still have to do what makes you happy but you cant expect someone else to live with you if they are not attracted to you anymore..
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Leave them first and tell them you're too good to put up with that @!#$! Live YOUR life for YOU.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Lose the S/O first. Then, lose the weight.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I would just go have meaningless sex with Adini.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Buh, Bye!!
  • ShannanLaNae
    ShannanLaNae Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A lot of people said some interesting things. Im just gonna add on that I would...
    1. pray
    2. lose weight
    3. then dumb his wack *kitten*

No one deserves to be treated like that! If he/she cant me as I am then watch me as I go.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Peace! It's my body, I own it. Which means I make my own decisions on what I should do with it.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Probably suggest counseling 'cause that's messed up. If he doesn't agree, then send him on his way.
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    My response: "Don't let the door hitcha where the Good Lord splitcha."
    Unless losing or gaining weight was a clear and present life-or-death health issue. But I wouldn't get into that kind of situation, so it wouldn't be.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    I think it depends on the situation, I mean if your SO other is using it get straight to your head your weight is killing you. Case in point my Uncle was so overweight, in and out of the hospital, and he lost his foot due to his diabetes. His wife couldn't deal with the emotional toll wondering if his next trip to the hospital would be his last, stated she couldn't handle it and didn't want to see him die because of his weight threatened to leave him. It worked he lost the weight. If you are putting your SO through that emotional turmoil than yes lose the weight. If you read my profile I had a similar experience and that's why I lost the weight before my SO would do the same way.

Now if your SO is going lose the weight because well I don't want to date someone who is over weight by 5 lbs or whatever, than dropped the jerk to the curve.