S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options

Replies

• Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I would say "*kitten* you". *Autobots roll out*

OMG - can I marry you?

yes...yes you can. lol
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options

^^^^^^This for sure!!!!
  • jend114
    jend114 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Lose the S/O first. Then, lose the weight.

exactly what I did
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    He's the man and the wife always obeys the husband. I would do what I'm told.

She's right.

:noway:

I'll pray for you.

I'll pray for her too. If my husband says it's ok of course.
  • kokorae
    kokorae Posts: 64 Member
    Options

lol NICE
  • Bull2707
    Bull2707 Posts: 106
    Options
    Burn some extra calories by packing their crap and kick'em in the *kitten* on the way out.
  • andthenwhat
    andthenwhat Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    deuces. I'm out.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    I'm so glad that my husband's not a sexist, religious pig who'd tell me to lose weight or else or who would want me to 'obey' him. I rather enjoy being a valued human being on equal footing in my marriage.

If my husband told me to lose weight or we were over and he meant it, he'd also be expecting me to kick his butt out the door.

Edit: He said "It's not my butt I'd be worried about you kicking."
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that my husband's not a sexist, religious pig who'd tell me to lose weight or else or who would want me to 'obey' him. I rather enjoy being a valued human being on equal footing in my marriage.

If my husband told me to lose weight or we were over and he meant it, he'd also be expecting me to kick his butt out the door.

Religious pig huh?
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options

Religious pig huh?
    Yep. Women needing to be submissive and obey men comes from male dominated religions.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I do as I'm told.
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Chuck the deuces. Oh, and break his Xbox on the way out.
  • chancock6
    Options
    Tell him his best friend/brother/whatever didn't seem put off last night.
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I haven't had an s/o threaten to leave me if I didn't lose weight but I did have a s/o tell me "I just want a normal size girlfriend. You're twice as big as me. What do people think?"

I was pissed and hurt so I reminded him that I was this big when he first started dating me so if he's so concerned about appearances, he should have never asked me out. I told him if he really feels that way then we shouldn't be together because I don't want to be with someone that's not attracted to me and I'm not going to change myself around for someone other than myself. He didn't want to break up and kept saying he was attracted to me and when I said, "If that's true, then you want me to lose weight because other people think I'm unattractive?" He didn't respond. Eventually I did break up with him because I kept thinking about what he said and felt that if I changed just for him I wouldn't be happy and if I didn't change, he wouldn't be happy.

Now days my attitude is, if you want me to lose weight and/or change something else for aesthetic reasons, you better be working on yourself as well because don't you dare think that I'm the only one that should be "keeping up maintanence."

Honestly, I think that if you really love someone, it shouldn't matter what they look like. You know how they say that someone can be unattractive at first but when you get to know them they become attractive. IF that's true, the person you love shouldn't become unattractive to you unless you're no longer in love with them or their personality has changed so much that they aren't really the person you fell for anymore.

I think it's good to want loved ones to become healthy but not if it's just for your own vanity or superficial needs.
  • yellowrose6145
    Options
    I wouldnt leave , I would lose the weight , I understand what she is going threw, I been told and told to lose weight by my fiancees who is now my husband as of august 3rd 2013 a couple weeks ago ,, I want to lose so I can show him that I can lose and than I can ask him how he think's he is so skinny when he has gone up 4 inches in 2 years and has had to get new jeans and underwear..He has completely quit hugging me and coming up behind me to nibble on my neck and all that sexy stuff he used to do that a women loves to have her man do ,,,So now all of that has quit so I am willing to lose just to see if he starts it all again after i lose the weight..I so often find him looking at younger women and smileing and head turning where they walk , He see's me watching and just laugh's.....So I want my life back and I want him to feel jealous of me for once if I do it lose the weight...So skinny here I come .....
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    The opposite side of the coin also comes into play. It's not worth losing weight to please someone else...because he'll never be pleased anyway. As you lose weight, he'll become more jealous, needy and demanding as he perceives he has less control over you. So you'll end up in the same place.

ABsolutely this! You have to be doing it for yourself..........
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

And I'd do this... :)

Yup, except not his best friend!!
  • adiostrasero
    adiostrasero Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Can we get some context here?

If he said, "Be a size 2 so I can fulfill my shallow desires to have a trophy girlfriend", that's one thing.

If he said, "I'm concerned about your health because I want us to have a long, happy life together, and want you to be happy with yourself," that's another.

I had a bf once who gained about 50 pounds over the course of our relationship. True, I wasn't as attracted to him, but I wouldn't have left him for that reason. I would have left him if I felt like he was refusing to take responsibility for his health and his choices. We ended up breaking up for other reasons, but it was something I thought about. Things like, "What if he gains 50 pounds a year for the next 10 years?" "What if he starts having health problems and I'm a widow at 45?" You have to think about these things when you're in a serious relationship.
  • Momf3boys
    Momf3boys Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya...
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Honestly it really depends on how the discussion goes. If one day your S/O is like you're fat, I don't like it, and if you don't lose weight I'm going to leave, yeah, I'd show him the door. However, say I was with someone really active and athletic and I got really out of shape and stopped doing physical activities with them. It's perfectly reasonable for them to say, "We don't do things we used to do anymore, and I don't want to be with someone who isn't involved in my lifestyle. Maybe I can help you get back on track. Otherwise, I think we should split up because we have become too different." Opposite lifestyles can be a deal breaker, and that's perfectly understandable.