S/O Threatens to Leave if You Lose / Don't Lose Weight...

Options

Replies

• luckyshilling
    Options
    The opposite side of the coin also comes into play. It's not worth losing weight to please someone else...because he'll never be pleased anyway. As you lose weight, he'll become more jealous, needy and demanding as he perceives he has less control over you. So you'll end up in the same place.

Very insightful. Very true.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    B bye!

4c2a00c9-5130-41f1-a90e-242ae1cda21f.jpg~original
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would lol
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Tell them not to let the door hit them in the *kitten* on their way out.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I don't always think someone is trolling, but when I do I refer to this post.

In case your not, your S/O sounds scared your doing this to leave him behind, or maybe just maybe it is not about you losing weight but how your acting in towards it. Radical change can get overwhelming. When it just was me on MFP, my wife and I were butting heads. She was constantly saying RELAX DAMMIT. Maybe your guilty of what I was doing taking it uber serious and not everyone in the house wants to be on a diet. If that is the case and it is not the weight loss and more so the attitude with in the actions. Talk about it. Ask for support. Tell them you'll calm down some but to meet in the middle and start the program too. If you can work together it takes the stress of it away. My wife after starting with me no longer suggests the worst places anymore when we eat out with her parents. So now she atleast helps try dirrect the family to a place where there are several dishes to choose from instead of just a salad. It can be stressful to go at it alone and your other might have had it, and just said something stupid while angry. If it was just words in anger talking about it and listening to him might resolve this issue fast. For me it made my wife join up and now she is kicking my *kitten* in weight loss, she feels healthier and we cuddle on the couch more, when months ago she was annoyed by my diet changes

If that is not the case and he just wants you unhealthy so he doesn't have to fear loosing you than that is sick, and give the man the boot, or atleast tell him where the door is.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

This has always worked for me in the past, but I don't think so this time. I really, really hate his friends.
  • autumny70
    autumny70 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    did the weight come on after the relationship started?

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.

It is not my usual wont to disparage the opinions of others by casting personal aspersions, however this would indicate, sir, that you are a douche. Perhaps you would like to revise your opinion or risk being thought brutish by people of character. ... Just sayin'

lol perhaps it was a poor analogy, and the point brought up of personality, sense of humor, etc. are quite valid.

i guess what i was trying to say, in a not so brutish way, is that physical attraction is still key in a relationship. it's not everything, but it is important. if one person completely lets themself go so far as to become unattractive to the other and the relationship suffers (even to the point of ending), i really dont think this should be a huge surprise.

This is much nicer now :flowerforyou:
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Talk to a real barracuda of an attorney and let them do their job.
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    Say "peace out", let the jerk walk then lose the weight and look even hotter just for spite! Karmas a b*tch, ladies and gentlemen!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    it is my duty as a submissive wife to do so.

I just snorted water out of my nose. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAH! Submissive. Ha. That's grand. No, really.:laugh: :huh:
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but it definitely applies here as well.

This!

672xon.jpg
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    You are 22 years old and looks like you are trying to become healthier and as part of that lose weight. You are still young and I assume your S/O is about the same age: you have much to learn grasshopper (as do we all).

Have you talked to S/O about this? Is he/she aware of your efforts? Is he/she being supportive? Is this an attempt to help motivate you, albeit a somewhat immature (literally assuming S/O is about your age), misguided one. If it is the last of these, then discuss with S/O how he/she can be more supportive and that the ultimatum is not the way to do it. If you two can't talk then there are other issues in the relationship you need to work on IF you both decide the relationaship is worth it. If not, move on.

It is also possible S/O is a superficial jerk.

We really don't have enough information to respond with any assurance one way or the other.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I don't always think someone is trolling, but when I do I refer to this post.

In case your not, your S/O sounds scared your doing this to leave him behind, or maybe just maybe it is not about you losing weight but how your acting in towards it. Radical change can get overwhelming. When it just was me on MFP, my wife and I were butting heads. She was constantly saying RELAX DAMMIT. Maybe your guilty of what I was doing taking it uber serious and not everyone in the house wants to be on a diet. If that is the case and it is not the weight loss and more so the attitude with in the actions. Talk about it. Ask for support. Tell them you'll calm down some but to meet in the middle and start the program too. If you can work together it takes the stress of it away. My wife after starting with me no longer suggests the worst places anymore when we eat out with her parents. So now she atleast helps try dirrect the family to a place where there are several dishes to choose from instead of just a salad. It can be stressful to go at it alone and your other might have had it, and just said something stupid while angry. If it was just words in anger talking about it and listening to him might resolve this issue fast. For me it made my wife join up and now she is kicking my *kitten* in weight loss, she feels healthier and we cuddle on the couch more, when months ago she was annoyed by my diet changes

If that is not the case and he just wants you unhealthy so he doesn't have to fear loosing you than that is sick, and give the man the boot, or atleast tell him where the door is.

Wise words. Communication and where S/O and you are coming from are the keys.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I just posted this in another thread, but it definitely applies here as well.

This!

672xon.jpg
    Meow!!!! I'm married but I have a lot of young male friends I could introduce you to :smokin:
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Show him the door and kick him in the *kitten* on the way out!
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    did the weight come on after the relationship started?

if i buy a porsche and 2 years later i open my garage and it turned into an '87 geo, i'd be pissed.

It is not my usual wont to disparage the opinions of others by casting personal aspersions, however this would indicate, sir, that you are a douche. Perhaps you would like to revise your opinion or risk being thought brutish by people of character. ... Just sayin'

I know I'm going to catch hell for this, but the guy's got a good point. It's not realistic to act like marriage is based strictly on love and that love should be enough to make it work. To at least some degree, most marriages involve a level of sexual attraction as well. If the person you marry lets themselves go (I'm talking major changes, not a difference of a pants size or two), is it fair to say that you should still be sexually attracted to that person? It's not just a weight issue. If you married a handsome guy who wears a suit and tie every day, and he decides to dye his hair blue, cut it into a mohoawk, and tattoo and pierce his body, are you a bad person if you're turned off by that?

If you love your S/O, why wouldn't you want to improve yourself and feel sexier for him or her? Not to mention that you'll feel better about yourself because you're healthier.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    a handsome guy who wears a suit and tie every day, and he decides to dye his hair blue, cut it into a mohoawk, and tattoo and pierce his body
    I must have missed the part where those two things are mutually exclusive. :laugh:
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I guess it would go something like this.... "Bye! Don't come back".
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Dump him and have sex with his best friend.

This has always worked for me in the past, but I don't think so this time. I really, really hate his friends.

Looks like there are bigger issues than just weight... Maybe he'll be lucky if you do leave...
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Yessum, absoLUTEly, a wife should obey her husband.....he is the man of the house...she's just a housewife! As of tomorrow, August 24, 2013, I have been telling my wife that every DAY --- and I'm getting really TIRED of looking at that "Hawaiian Good Luck Sign" she gives me...along with that ****eating grin of hers!

Fact is, I'm thinkin' 'bout gittin' me one of them deevorces so I can find me a new mama.

Anybody know any 80-year-old broads that are still in heat? :flowerforyou:

Strong first post.:drinker: