I thought netflix does not offer fitness programs anymore
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    haaa !! thats funny :laugh:
  • jillianbeeee
    jillianbeeee Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I walked by a full length mirror about a week ago and for a moment thought that I was walking by one of those circus mirrors that make you look thin! Then I realized it was really me! Not bad but funny!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 8 of level 1 30DS. My neck is feeling paranoid about never getting invited to the party.

Haha, love this response! :smile:

Mine is that I have less cushioning to protect me when I do stupid things like falling off horses. Now it really really hurts!
  • jillianbeeee
    Options
    Walking through the house and shorts fall to ankles! LOL Seriously!

awesome!!!!!
  • Luwright321
    Luwright321 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    :wink:

While getting in shape is great, it's not without it's downside. With tongue planted firmly in cheek, I present my list of the top "bad" things that have happened since I began getting fit:

1. I need to buy a new wardrobe - my clothes are too big!
    2. I'm an introvert, and am embarrassed by the compliments I receive regarding how my appearance has changed.
    3. Exercise has made my "bum knee" stronger so I can't use it to get out of heavy labor any more.
    4. My stamina has increased, so when my daughter wants to play, I can't use the "daddy's too tired" excuse any more.
    5. I am no longer too heavy for my household ladder's rating, so I have to get to all those high up chores now.
    6. I have more energy, so I don't get to sleep in as much (I wake up early and full of energy...)
    7. I'm hurting the economy because I use less soap when I shower.
    8. #7 again, but this time because I no longer need BP meds.
    9. I need to get my wedding ring re-sized so it won't fall off my finger.
    10. When I catch my reflection out of the corner of my eye, I have no idea who it is.

What are some of the "bad" things that you've noticed?
    LOL! I loved reading this list. I definitely have #1 on your list. And I'm much colder than I used to be without the extra fat to keep me warm.
  • jillianbeeee
    Options
    I just completed day 8 of level 1 30DS. My neck is feeling paranoid about never getting invited to the party.

Love it! I always giggle a little when she says that. I love it when she says "i got four hundred pound people that can do jumping jacks...."
  • saturnmaiden
    saturnmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Its raining men... no literally, I lost some weight and it is raining men.

I cannot wait for this.. kinda. lol. I hate attention, yet crave it. haha!
  • bubbliemae
    Options
    You guys are all great!!!! I just got off work, logged on here, and this really made my day!!!!
    1- I look forward to walking, instead of actually fearing it!
    2- Like everyone else, shopping in my closet for the things I haven't been able to wear in a couple years.
    3- Being so proud of myself for sticking with it and not quitting (tears) when I couldn't get it right!
    4- No more PAIN!!!!!!
    5- A good nights sleep!!!!! (my hips don't hurt)
    6- I'm not mad anymore!
    7- Someone told me I was beautiful today (more tears)

IF THIS IS BAD... I DON'T WANNA BE GOOD!!!!!

P.S. I won't be shopping in my closet when I've lost enough weight to go shopping for real, and you are never to old for any styles, your style is what makes you feel good, no matter the age!!!!! :heart:
  • saturnmaiden
    saturnmaiden Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I keep forgetting I need less space to get around/through things, so people look at me funny when I try to avoid things :P

This made me literally lol! I can see myself doing this. :)
  • TheGr8Kimbini
    Options
    LMAO!
  • mcdebbie
    mcdebbie Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    6. I had to get new glasses because my old ones were too big and fell off when I bent over. Sheesh, even my head was fat, apparently.

That was funny. Thanks. The whole thread is an inspiration, thank you all for letting us know about the horrible things that are coming our way. :laugh:
  • jssapienza
    Options
    All Good:
    New belts
    New pants
    No chlorestoral medicine
    Not recognizing the dude in the mirror
    Lotsa hugs from my wife!!!!
  • Marinasanusi
    Options
    Boo hoo hoo, enjoy ur new life
  • nettie219
    nettie219 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like all those bad things that happen to you! Congratulations on losing the weight! I am ready for them to happen to me. I have to lose 104 lbs. It takes time, but I am willing to do it one pound at a time.

48193786.png
  • andreaawilson
    andreaawilson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very humorous (LOL) I love it! Awesome job on your weight loss (-;
  • minnesota
    minnesota Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    1) having to buy all new scrubs for work
    2) feeling full after two slices of pizza when I used to eat an entire medium
    3) running one marathon after the next. I used to run just 5ks but now that I'm capable of running 26.2 miles I force myself to sign up for two every year.
    4) resizing my wedding ring again and again and again...
    5) leading and pushing myself and my hubby in our workouts. I rather be the lazy one walking around the gym.
  • dorrien12
    Options
    1) Taking two hours walking around the grocery store reading labels with GPS & Runtastic going, loosing all those calories.
    2) Getting mad when it rains because I can't go outside and ride my bike.
    3) Kicking my son off his video game so I can play the Wii.
    4) Having to eat vegetables, at every meal.
    5) Cutting out as much sugar as possible (ex junk food junkie).
    6) Constantly thinking about new ways to cook.
    7) Enduring compliments, geesh stop the attention already.
    8) Looking forward to riding my bike alone so I can listen to my self-help books (booooring:)
    9) Feeling quite satisfied from eating 1200-1500 calories.

Geesh this loosing weight is making me miserable.....Lol
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This is a great post! My goal several months back was to lose enough weight to get back into my old clothes, all of which are in my closet. I've lost 18 pounds and have between 5 and 10 pounds to go. Some of my old clothes are fitting me again!

So, for me, the "bad" thing is becoming more conscious of the types of food I put into my body.

For example, my coworker bought everybody a treat when she went out to buy office coffee the other day. She knows I eat low fat, so she came back with a low fat ginger pumpkin muffin from Peet's Coffee for me. I immediately looked up the nutritional information and found that it's 450 calories!

I made a decision not to eat the muffin, explained to my friend why, and asked that she not buy me treats anymore. She totally understood.

So, for me, the number one "bad thing" that is happneing:

I am becoming very conscious of the consequences of every type of food I do or do not choose to put in my body.

Oh, when I was in denial it was great, except it made me gain weight. :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Trying to think of one that no one has said was difficult. I think the biggest issue is that people I have known my whole life don't recognize me anymore. I will bump into someone I haven't seen in a while, and they have no idea who I am until they hear me speak.

I've had that happen a few times. I've had a few customers who had to ask if I was me since I've lost so much weight. A few co-workers also didn't know I was walking right beside them or walking past them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!