What are YOU eating for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• littlepinkhearts
    littlepinkhearts Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    I've created a delicious recipe I've dubbed "Breakfast Explosion" that is a delicious and quick way to eat breakfast every morning, especially when I don't feel like I have time to make anything before work.

It consists of:

10 large eggs
    5 strips of bacon
    3 sausage patties
    1.5 cups of cheese
    2 cups of spinach
    half a chopped onion
    a tablespoon of flour
    1 oz cream
    lots of butter

Cook the sausage and bacon and spinach. Beat eggs, cream, and flour together.
    Combine ingredients.
    Bake and cut into 5 servings.

This has been my breakfast lately.

this is a great idea and looks really delicious!
  • fjrandol
    fjrandol Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    A cup of oatmeal with chia seeds, sliced almonds, raisins, cinnamon, and ginger. And 3 cups of coffee to wash it all down. :smile:
  • ecka723
    ecka723 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    A poached egg and toast. Yum!
  • tgrhawaii
    Options
    1 scoop protein powder with 1 cup yogurt and a handful of fruit on top. 1 cup coffee now sans sweetener.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    I've created a delicious recipe I've dubbed "Breakfast Explosion" that is a delicious and quick way to eat breakfast every morning, especially when I don't feel like I have time to make anything before work.

It consists of:

10 large eggs
    5 strips of bacon
    3 sausage patties
    1.5 cups of cheese
    2 cups of spinach
    half a chopped onion
    a tablespoon of flour
    1 oz cream
    lots of butter

Cook the sausage and bacon and spinach. Beat eggs, cream, and flour together.
    Combine ingredients.
    Bake and cut into 5 servings.

This has been my breakfast lately.

this is a great idea and looks really delicious!

Thanks! I posted a more detailed recipe in the recipe section just now.
  • tgrhawaii
    Options
    Sounds great! Do you soak the seeds first?
  • Soulflwr
    Soulflwr Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Usually nothing, but I made some vegan banana "muffins" (they came out more like chewy granola) yesterday, so I had one of those, some strawberries and coffee this morning.
  • i_am_melting
    Options
    I tried the refrigerator oatmeal for the first time. It was ok. Think I had too much milk. I will try it again before I rule it out as a breakfast option.
  • Soulflwr
    Options
    Delete
  • Soulflwr
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked overnight in the slow cooker, stewed apple and cranberries with cinnamon cooked overnight in the slow cooker. Wake up to amazing smells. I put the oats, salt and water in a mason jar, the cinnamon, chopped apple and cranberries into another mason jar before I go to bed. I set them in a slow cooker full of water. In the morning, if I am running late I can take the jars out, and carry them with me.

This sounds really goid.
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    I typically eat a sandwich with either a low fat tortilla or a flat bread, along with ham or turkey and some type of cheese, about 175-190 calories and either a banana or fresh strawberries, but I am a little bored with that so I am going to try some eggs this week. Thanks for the post got some good ideas from other people!
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    bump for the steel cut oats in crockpot
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast! It's usually my most calorie laden meal of the day. This is my favorite breakfast, it delicious, crunchy & satisfying. It also knocks off about 1/2 of my protein goal for the day! If I don't get in a big % of protein first thing in the morning, it feels like I fighting my protein goal all day long. This breakfast does the trick.

Dole - Pineapple, Fresh, 1.5 oz.
    Gourmet Nut - Dry Roasted Edamame, 1 oz
    Chobani - Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, 6 oz
    Kashi - Go Lean Crunch - Honey Almond Flax, 0.5 cup
    Syntrax Nectar - Whey Protein Isolate Fruit Juice Flavor - Caribbean Cooler, 1.5 scoops

Nutritional info: calories 530, fat 10, carbs 41, protein 72
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Coffee and protein powder.
  • hml_rachel
    Options
    a cup of coffee, apple cinnamon instant oatmeal, one egg and a piece of fruit (peach or strawberries)
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    A lot of these suggestions are very carb heavy & protein light (except for the eggs, meat or protein smoothie suggestions). Since "most" women should have around 100-125 grams of protein/day (minimum requirement) to minimize muscle loss while dieting, how do you get all your protein in, when breakfast is basically a bust in the protein department? If I don't get an appreciable amount of protein in at breakfast, I feel like I'm push protein all day long. I like to get at least 1/3 if not 1/2 of my protein goal out of the way in the morning. I consume at least 125-145 grams/day.
  • suv_hater
    suv_hater Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I usually eat 3-4 bananas and then go workout. Then I make a 800-1000 calorie green smoothie after my workout.
  • Patzycakes
    Patzycakes Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I alternate

Everyday is coffee

But mostly I just eat either a Pear or a cup of Honey Nut Cheerios (no milk just dry) during my work week. My breakfast is at 9:15AM and my lunch at 11:45, if I eat to big a breakfast I am not hungry at lunch and tend to snack my way through the afternoon.

On the weedends I eat 2 scrambled eggs and a piece of toast with margarine.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I always start off with a glass of water in the morning and sometimes green tea. I don't drink coffee.

I don't eat my first meal until 10am or 11am, but I will usually make one of the following:

- 2 scrambled eggs, a slice of turkey bacon and toast
    - a loaded omelette with avocado, lunchmeat and seasonings
    - a protein shake with frozen fruit and fruit on the side
    - a healthy cereal (with lots of protein and fiber) with natural yogurt and berries
    - oatmeal (steel cut oats) with nuts and berries mixed in with a piece of toast

All of these options keep me full for hours.
  • bonetifulbitch
    bonetifulbitch Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1 c. of Plain Greek Yogurt with 2 tbsp. PB2, Splenda and cinnamon plus one or two different kinds of fruit and 1/2 c. Fiber One Original-- it's usually 300-350 calories, but it keeps me full all day because of the fiber and protein.
    Other times I'll have puffed wheat + Fiber One Original + PB2 + Almond Milk + some kind of protein on the side (hardboiled eggs, FF cottage cheese, yogurt, etc.) + fruit. ~ 350-400 calories.
    I suggest that you focus on protein and fiber for breakfast because they will keep you sustained waaaaay longer than a bowl of Fruity Pebbles or something primarily consisting of simple carbs. :happy: