What are YOU eating for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    One of the following:

- 2 slices of sprouted grains bread with 3 scrambled egg whites, a little cheese (we have something here in Quebec that is called "Le p'tit crémeux", which is like Cheez whiz, but made with cheddar instead of scraps of cheese, and without preservative, i love this) and hot sauce
    - 1 slice of sprouted grains or half a sprouted grain bagel with smashed avocado and 1 egg or 2 turkey bacon slices (I eat this when I can have leftover chicken breast for my morning snack so I will hit my protein goal) and some hot sauce as well
    - An omelet made with 2 eggs and 2 egg whites, filed with whatever I have in the fridge, usually some vegetables and a little cheese (I love cherry tomatoes omelet with light feta cheese or kale/chard/collard omelet with artisan cheese)... I usually eat a little bread with this because carbs are good in the morning
    - Half a sprouted grains bagel (or a entire on if it's sunday) with low-fat cream cheese and lox, a little capers, shallots thinly sliced and aragula
    - A grilled cheese made with sprouted grains bread (ok, by now, I will assume that you understand that I really LOVE my sprouted grains! ;) ) and two fat free singles and maybe turkey bacon
    - If I have some leftover cooked chicken breast/turkey breast/pork roast, I love to have them on toast with a little low fat mayonnaise

I really don't do oatmeal. I tried, but I'm really more into savory things. Boyfriend use to have half a cup of greek yogurt, half a cup of Gourmet Granola, half a cup of frozen blueberrys and a little maple syrup in the morning. With the help of the greek yogurt, it gives him avout 15-18 grams of protein.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I alternate between two b-fast each with this "base":

1 Activia light, 1/2 light english muffin, 3 prunes, 12 almonds

Then I either do
    1 cup Kashi Go Lean Originial OR One instant oatmeal (original or low sugar apple cinnamon)

Sounds good! I like the Kashi cereal, too.
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    The most common for me is an egg white and veggie omelet with a cup of hash browns (although I recently began to omit the 1/2 T olive oil I was using and found that I don't miss it) or sometimes a piece of toast or two.

I think I'm going to start rotating in more oatmeal, though. I do like it and I got some dried blueberries and almonds for it. I think I'll get some almond milk also and go for it.

Today? Leftovers from dinner I made last night. Baked Yogurt-Parmesan chicken breast; zucchini boats stuffed with roasted beets and sweet potato, onion, garlic, mozzarella, and black beans; and broccoli cheese rice-a-roni with no oil, with Italian diced tomatoes. Num!

Later I might have to have one of the black bean brownies, too, but they didn't sound much like breakfast to me. :wink:
  • Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    This morning? I had two breakfast sandwiches (which I made myself) - English muffin, egg, bacon, and cheese.

Generally? Smoothies, cereal and almond milk, homemade granola bars, yogurt with berries, or a couple pieces of fruit
  • vet272
    vet272 Posts: 183
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Steel cut oats cooked overnight in the slow cooker, stewed apple and cranberries with cinnamon cooked overnight in the slow cooker. Wake up to amazing smells. I put the oats, salt and water in a mason jar, the cinnamon, chopped apple and cranberries into another mason jar before I go to bed. I set them in a slow cooker full of water. In the morning, if I am running late I can take the jars out, and carry them with me.

What a great idea! I am starting a new job (just for a few weeks) tomorrow. It's going to be pretty physical and it's also like 50 miles from my home. I was telling my daughter just last night that I a) was worried about being hungry on this new schedule, and b) I want to start working more oatmeal into my typically egg-something breakfasts. This sounds like something I might have to try. Then I can eat it when I get there instead of starting work already two hours after breakfast! Thanks for the great suggestion!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Breakfast happens to be my favorite meal!

Oatmeal, Cream of Wheat, or cereal with fruit and coconut milk on weekday mornings. On weekends I have a heartier breakfast, such as pancakes with turkey sausage, or eggs and turkey sausage. Every morning I have a homemade sugar free mocha with Lactaid skim milk (I'm lactose intolerant and soy intolerant).
  • MrsFowler1069
    Options
    Sounds great! Do you soak the seeds first?

Do you mean the chia seeds in oatmeal? I haven't tried them yet, but was just reading about them. Sounds like either just sprinkle them on before serving or throw them in the last five minutes of cook time, depending on the texture you want. I hope that helps.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Toast with peanut butter and chia seeds and a coffee.
  • JaxDemon
    JaxDemon Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Cherry bakewell fine powdered oats. So lush. 50g scoop with 250ml water mixed up then microwaved for 1 min 10 secs. Yum yum.
  • mlcantwell
    mlcantwell Posts: 243 Member
    Options
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    A carb-protein load- sliced banana on a slice of whole grain toast with 1 tbsp. of almond butter and a protein shake

It keeps me way too full, but it's a good thing since I have lunch about five-six hours after.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats!
    Oats, greek yogurt and almond milk mixed with some berries or seeds. I add a banana if I'm extra hungry.

If I'm not running, eggs
  • djslais
    djslais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    fage yogurt, a cinnamon roll and coffee....300 cals...
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    right now i'm obsessed with heartland granola mixed in chobani fat-free yogurt... and coffee. gotta have coffee
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I don't do breakfast :smokin: - just caffeine & nicotine to start me up in the morning. After a half hour or so I start in for work. No food until brunch (about 9 to 10 AM). :drinker:
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    turkey bacon and eggs
  • JumpingDog
    JumpingDog Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Two eggs and 2 oz. of beef or turkey sausage/bacon is my go-to breakfast. I also like cream and fruit, protein smoothies (flavored with coffee, banana, or cinnamon), a nutmeal and coconut milk mixture, or leftovers.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Nutritional drink from... dun dun DUN!!! DOLLAR GENERAL! They're so good! I have one along side of my morning cup of coffee, alternating sips. The chocolate flavor and then coffee flavor...yum!! Best of all, a package of 6 drinks are only $6.00 and they meet half of your nutritional DV intake requirements for the day! :) Cheers!
  • crissygee123
    Options
    Poached egg on homemade wholemeal slice (toasted) plus a couplre of grinds of spice (spice mix in a grinder of sea salt. black pepper corns, garlic flakes, chilli flakes and fennel seeds - equal quantities) green tea with lemon. No problems going through to lunch three and a half hours later. Oh and 10lbs lost since joining!