Feeling Hungry? Drink Diet Coke

Options

Replies

• GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    These Diet Coke threads never disappoint.

cokebillboard1.jpg
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif

True story.
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198711053171903

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03259846

http://agrariancrisis.in/tag/biosafety/

http://zerotoherotv.com/page/58/?blogs_mode=last&bx_videos_mode=last&option=com_content&view=section&id=4&Itemid=15&status=approved&albumType=bx_videos&page=315&per_page=6

All articles from peer-reviewed journals .

Aspartame did in fact begin it's life as a pesticide. There have been many cases reported of aspartame poisoning. Granted, a lot of things we consume have dangers, especially in excess. I limit my diet sodas to once a week, if that much.

Drink it if you wish, don't if you don't. But I do believe in being aware of what we consume.

You are wasting your energy. There are too many people here, and everywhere, that truly believe that if something is bad for our health it would NEVER be put in food, personal care products, cleaners, etc etc. Besides, isn't the FDA totally protecting us? Don't they only have the best interests of the public in mind, and they would never put the interests of corporations above public safety? Come on now, that just isn't possible this day in age where money is more important than people. Impossible. :wink:

I realize some folks just can't bear the idea of a huge company like oh, say- Monsanto- influencing the FDA and USDA both and lining their pockets to get their foods passed. The FDA and USDA may have been founded with the right intentions( and maybe not.., who knows?) But they certainly do not have the general public's best interest in mind now.

Do a little research on that company ALONE and find out more than you'll ever want to know.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    This whole thread made me...

music-headphone-anger-management-fack-nicholson.gif
  • Geminieve24
    Geminieve24 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but diet Coke is absolutely horrible for you. Excessive amounts can lead to kidney problems, rotting teeth, and obestity...yes. obesity.

If you're hungry, eat a healthy snack...hummus and fresh veggies. An apple with almond butter.

Sometimes hunger pangs is actually your body saying it's dehydrated. Have a big glass of water.

And if you are eating small meals every two hours you won't have a problem :)

Here's one link of MANY that shows just how bad it is for you.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/7-side-effects-of-drinking-diet-soda

I was wondering how long it was going to take before the scare tactics were going to surface in this thread.

Sorry if it was percieved as scary; I'd rather be informed than anything. But I did provide some better alternatives to drinking diet coke. Like healthy food. Water. :)

Diet Coke does not scare me, but others continue to use scare tactics to persuade others that if they drink diet coke (or other items with aspartame) they are going to have all of these horrible issues. If you want to be informed, research something other then msn.

Don't see as a scare tactic then. See it as information and then decide for yourself. Regardless of the source: MSN, FOX, CNN, BBC, Washington Times, LA times, the information is out there. I'd be more than happy to pull up peer-reviewed journals and articles from an educational institution or research facility if you like. Of course, anything in excess is bad for you. But being this is a public site and a public bulletin, then expect opposing views :)

I realize this is a public forum and there will be opposing views. I also believe that incorrect information should be corrected and others are open to make their own decisions. I choose to not use media sites as a source of information, so we will have to agree to disagree.

As I stated in a prior post, I'd be happy to pull up peer-reviewed journal articles from educational institutions and research facilities. Yes, media sites tend to deliver "bias" information. But as I mentioned earlier, the information is pretty common and all pretty much say the same thing for a simple topic as this. If my post and link can encourage someone to continue research and find opposing information from various sources, then great!
    Now, if we were on the subject of dairy and how it can lead to prostate cancer and osteoporosis, ya better believe I'll bust out peer-reviewed medical journals for that.
    Yes we can agree to disagree, that's why we are on a public forum to discuss our views :)
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    For every opinion out there, anyone can find "research" to back up their opinion. Everyone should stick with what works for them.
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wait, I thought Diet Coke was poison?!?!

WHO HAS THE ANSWERS??
  • AnorexicAnomaly
    Options
    Good Article. Thank you for posting the link.
    The source is actually extremely important, especially on the internet and especially when you're looking up medical and/or scientific information on the internet. There are specific places that are okay to look. MSN, FOX, CNN, BBC, Washington Times, and the LA Times are not appropriate places to look for medical/scientific information. The appropriate places to look would be Johns Hopkins or Mayo Clinic. For example, this http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/artificial-sweeteners/MY00073 would be an appropriate link as it gives accurate information on all sugar substitutes as well as pros and cons of both sugar substitutes and real sugar. Hope this helps :wink:

No problem! :3
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Caffeine at night is smart and right. Sleeping is for the weak.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

WHO HAS THE ANSWERS??

My boobs. Particularly Righty. Want to ask her?
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but diet Coke is absolutely horrible for you. Excessive amounts can lead to kidney problems, rotting teeth, and obestity...yes. obesity.

If you're hungry, eat a healthy snack...hummus and fresh veggies. An apple with almond butter.

Sometimes hunger pangs is actually your body saying it's dehydrated. Have a big glass of water.

And if you are eating small meals every two hours you won't have a problem :)

Here's one link of MANY that shows just how bad it is for you.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/7-side-effects-of-drinking-diet-soda

I was wondering how long it was going to take before the scare tactics were going to surface in this thread.

Sorry if it was percieved as scary; I'd rather be informed than anything. But I did provide some better alternatives to drinking diet coke. Like healthy food. Water. :)

Diet Coke does not scare me, but others continue to use scare tactics to persuade others that if they drink diet coke (or other items with aspartame) they are going to have all of these horrible issues. If you want to be informed, research something other then msn.

Don't see as a scare tactic then. See it as information and then decide for yourself. Regardless of the source: MSN, FOX, CNN, BBC, Washington Times, LA times, the information is out there. I'd be more than happy to pull up peer-reviewed journals and articles from an educational institution or research facility if you like. Of course, anything in excess is bad for you. But being this is a public site and a public bulletin, then expect opposing views :)

I realize this is a public forum and there will be opposing views. I also believe that incorrect information should be corrected and others are open to make their own decisions. I choose to not use media sites as a source of information, so we will have to agree to disagree.

As I stated in a prior post, I'd be happy to pull up peer-reviewed journal articles from educational institutions and research facilities. Yes, media sites tend to deliver "bias" information. But as I mentioned earlier, the information is pretty common and all pretty much say the same thing for a simple topic as this. If my post and link can encourage someone to continue research and find opposing information from various sources, then great!
    Now, if we were on the subject of dairy and how it can lead to prostate cancer and osteoporosis, ya better believe I'll bust out peer-reviewed medical journals for that.
    Yes we can agree to disagree, that's why we are on a public forum to discuss our views :)

Hmmm. I was not aware that dairy was so horrible either.....anyway....agree to disagree.

ETA: You could start a thread on the dairy subject. (so this thread doesn't get off topic.) :ohwell:
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip but, the only carbonated drink I like is Beer. :drinker:
  • choeli
    choeli Posts: 10
    Options
    I will agree with the obesity aspect of Diet Coke as my ex-mother-in-law drank only Diet Coke and she weighed over 400 lbs. That and the aspartame is horrible for your body.
  • missminixx
    Options
    I think different methods work for different people and there is no point trying to encourage doing what works for you because it might not work for them.

I've had terrible diet advice in the past and now I just listen to my own body.

I personally stay away from artificial sugar because I find it makes me crave real sugar and eat more. Yet, it doesn't do this for all people so if this works for you, then great :)
  • verymissk
    verymissk Posts: 262 Member
    Options

WHO HAS THE ANSWERS??

*leaning in close, whispering "tell me all about the universe, you beautiful breast, you"*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

WHO HAS THE ANSWERS??

*leaning in close, whispering "tell me all about the universe, you beautiful breast, you"*

:blushing: you sweet talker, you ;)
  • daisy79
    daisy79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNoDonW7Ik3nc1GIx53lE26RhzqHVYUK76jMBaWO4MMbusudcz
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    add whiskey
  • lorishultis
    lorishultis Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For some people that is not a good idea. See the artificial sweetener makes some people crave sweets. The body knows it's fake and then wants the real thing. Thats why lot of people have a cookie or cake & diet coke! lol.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I will agree with the obesity aspect of Diet Coke as my ex-mother-in-law drank only Diet Coke and she weighed over 400 lbs. That and the aspartame is horrible for your body.

I just have to have this point clarified: your MIL only drank Diet Coke for her entire food intake and got fat? :huh: