Feeling Hungry? Drink Diet Coke

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    But .. diet coke tastes terrible.
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Personally, I have found that drinking diet coke, actually makes me hungry, so if I have one it would be with food. But when I drink Diet Coke, Caffeine Free, it doesn't.
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Sure, excessive amounts can lead to serious health problems if you drink nothing but bottles and bottles of it every day. But we're talking about a very moderated amount. A can here or there is not going to cause your teeth to fall out, your dog to run away, and your kidneys to implode.

But these threads are always entertaining reads. :drinker:
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Why drink CHEMICALS even if no-one has filed a law suit yet? Do we really need to wait for a multimillion dollar law suit to tell us that eating and drinking the stuff used in radiator fluid is bad for our health??

Do you want to be thin or do you want to live long and be healthy?
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member

dog-slapped-man.gif

Take it back!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    I will agree with the obesity aspect of Diet Coke as my ex-mother-in-law drank only Diet Coke and she weighed over 400 lbs. That and the aspartame is horrible for your body.

I legit laughed out loud at this one!

Keep them coming people!!!
  • Sorry to burst your bubble, but diet Coke is absolutely horrible for you. Excessive amounts can lead to kidney problems, rotting teeth, and obestity...yes. obesity.

If you're hungry, eat a healthy snack...hummus and fresh veggies. An apple with almond butter.

Sometimes hunger pangs is actually your body saying it's dehydrated. Have a big glass of water.

And if you are eating small meals every two hours you won't have a problem :)

Here's one link of MANY that shows just how bad it is for you.

http://healthyliving.msn.com/health-wellness/7-side-effects-of-drinking-diet-soda

I was wondering how long it was going to take before the scare tactics were going to surface in this thread.

Sorry if it was percieved as scary; I'd rather be informed than anything. But I did provide some better alternatives to drinking diet coke. Like healthy food. Water. :)

Diet Coke does not scare me, but others continue to use scare tactics to persuade others that if they drink diet coke (or other items with aspartame) they are going to have all of these horrible issues. If you want to be informed, research something other then msn.

Don't see as a scare tactic then. See it as information and then decide for yourself. Regardless of the source: MSN, FOX, CNN, BBC, Washington Times, LA times, the information is out there. I'd be more than happy to pull up peer-reviewed journals and articles from an educational institution or research facility if you like. Of course, anything in excess is bad for you. But being this is a public site and a public bulletin, then expect opposing views :)

um nope anything is bad in excess. but anyway try not to drink more than a 12oz can per day or it makes u bloat or like 2 cans on weekends. n just make sure to always watch ur carb n sugar grams to not gain weight.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member

dog-slapped-man.gif

Take it back!

<<<<< Uncontrollable laughter at work
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJM198711053171903

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/BF03259846

http://agrariancrisis.in/tag/biosafety/

http://zerotoherotv.com/page/58/?blogs_mode=last&bx_videos_mode=last&option=com_content&view=section&id=4&Itemid=15&status=approved&albumType=bx_videos&page=315&per_page=6

All articles from peer-reviewed journals .

Aspartame did in fact begin it's life as a pesticide. There have been many cases reported of aspartame poisoning. Granted, a lot of things we consume have dangers, especially in excess. I limit my diet sodas to once a week, if that much.

Drink it if you wish, don't if you don't. But I do believe in being aware of what we consume.

You are wasting your energy. There are too many people here, and everywhere, that truly believe that if something is bad for our health it would NEVER be put in food, personal care products, cleaners, etc etc. Besides, isn't the FDA totally protecting us? Don't they only have the best interests of the public in mind, and they would never put the interests of corporations above public safety? Come on now, that just isn't possible this day in age where money is more important than people. Impossible. :wink:

AMEN to that!!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    I rather have water!
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Yup, nothing better than caffeine right before bed. Don't know why I never thought of that instead of these healthy snacks I've been opting for all this time.

And, for me, the headache and stomach pain that comes from the aspartame is never, ever, ever, worth it.

Oh, and don't forget to brush extra well and do a double rinse with mouthwash to make sure you don't leave any of the acids from the soda (not limited to specifically diet coke) on your teeth all night while you sleep!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Worked for me for a while, but I liked diet creme soda
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    .... or just eat?
  • Diet sodas have long been associated with weight gain and diabetes. I always attributed that to psychological factors -- as in, people drink diet coke and it makes them feel entitled to extra calories, so they ultimately end up eating more than if they had just drunk regular soda.

Latest research, however, appears to indicate that the reasons are far more sinister. Diet sodas actually mess up your brain chemistry. The exact mechanism is complicated, but basically here is what happens: you intake something that tastes sweet, so your body prepares to metabolize sugar. Except you don't actually give it sugar. If you do this on a regular basis, your body will learn its lesson. So when you consume real sugar (which is contained in most foods), your organism doesn't bother processing it. This leads to weight gain and increases your risk for diabetes.

This is not "scare tactics". I've got no dog in this fight. If you think 12 oz a day isn't gonna mess up your sugar metabolism, go ahead and drink it. You may be right. But from my own perspective, why risk it? Thing is, this stuff is bad for you, so I'd rather not drink it at all.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,488 Member
    This is completely wrong!!!!

Diet Pepsi is way better.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Umm... maybe some coke zero. With rum. That's a lot better.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    I will agree with the obesity aspect of Diet Coke as my ex-mother-in-law drank only Diet Coke and she weighed over 400 lbs. That and the aspartame is horrible for your body.

I just have to have this point clarified: your MIL only drank Diet Coke for her entire food intake and got fat? :huh:
    I was wondering the same.

More like she was over eating and no exercise that got her fat, not from a diet soda!!

Diet Pepsi drinker, see ticker below!! :bigsmile:
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Cute dog gif!! love angry animals *smack*
  • Erica6130
    Erica6130 Posts: 34 Member
    This whole thread made me...

music-headphone-anger-management-fack-nicholson.gif

:laugh: Me too....I am still laughing this is very entertaining
  • atb0821
    atb0821 Posts: 458 Member

I legit laughed out loud at this one!

Keep them coming people!!!

Oh man! I had no idea a zero calorie beverage alone could make someone get to 400 pounds! Bananas!