Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    see ya
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

EXCELLENT TIP!! THANK YOU!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Oh well. :ohwell:
  • reinventingandrea
    Options
    I pre log my meals on the days I work. It takes me all of two or three minutes. Plus if you have a smart phone you can scan the bar code on many items.

Yeah! What she ^ said!
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!

Door.jpg
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    What the H are you doing that it takes you 30-60 minutes to log a meal????

5minutes tops.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Alrighty then. Buh bye. :flowerforyou:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    It takes me at most 5 minutes. I don't know how it could take anyone 30 minutes unless there's something else going on. Good luck finding some place else, but I really don't think you'll find anything more useful than MFP.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You have to do what you have to do. I found this to be a great site, but to each their own.
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    Please don't let the door hit you on the way out :flowerforyou:

yeah, this. aka QFT. why bother making a post about it if you don't like it here? plenty of room for those who do enjoy the camaraderie--and i find the food and exercise database to be bountiful. if i don't find what i need, i add an entry. easy peasy.

toodle-oo!
  • BeckyMBisMe
    BeckyMBisMe Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    when I first joined I was frustrated too. but it only took a few times to learn the tricks of navigating. hubby just signed up using his Kindle app and what a pain. It seems to work very differently. Now I'm wasting my time helping him find his entries. It's much easier from my lap top.
    And the only reason I spend a half hour or more on here is reading fitness tips and scrolling through the message boards.

igottagetalife!:laugh:
  • Phildog47
    Phildog47 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Do you have a smartphone? Use the scanner option, makes things much easier. If you are going to restaurants, most chains have nutrition info on THEIR website. I have had my complaints as well though. The BIGGEST one being the database seems to ignore the UNSATURATED fats, it defaults to zero. I need these fats for heart health and lowering cholesterol. Good luck achieving your goals, no matter what site you choose.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Funny, I don't even see 1 logged meal in your diary!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    surprisenoonecares.jpg

I'm here 3 years and it has never taken me longer than 10 minutes to log an entire day of food.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    ajrmn8jpg.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    well, the friggin app doesn't actually show you everything in the database, so people don't see what they need, add it themselves, and then it gets added to the database when their app syncs with the site.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Ragequit Rating: Rank Amateur.
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Didn't know this. It's never taken me but a few minutes to log my entries, even an entire recipe, but now it will be even quicker.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    when i read the title i heard it in the voice of the girl on insanity pure cardio who says 'i wanna leave' when shaun t asks how she's doing.... i LOVE that bit....

totally off topic, but other insanity people will get it!
  • Looking2blittler
    Looking2blittler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Didn't know this. It's never taken me but a few minutes to log my entries, even an entire recipe, but now it will be even quicker.