Going to leave

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    As mentioned before, if you have a smartphone, you can scan the barcode.

If not, all you have to do is spend a little extra time entering the exact details for what you want to eat. Then later you can enter them straight from the "recent" tab, which will stay with the same info, even if someone else changes it. I'm sure you don't eat different foods every single day. For example, my breakfast is the same every day most days, with the exception of a slight change in quantity. It takes a few seconds. Every other meal takes 5-10 minutes max, less the longer I've been on this site (more foods in the recent and most used tabs)
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Be honest with yourself, OP.

This was the best excuse you could come up with for quitting and you posted it here hoping someone would cosign this BS.

Amirite?

*ding, ding* Winner!
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You're not using the site intelligently. First of all, you can save your food choices, and use them repeatedly from your own list of items. Your failure comes from not truly engaging in the accessories on this site. Secondly, if you have an extremely hard time finding the product you're eating in the list, add it yourself or just put in the calories through the quick calorie tab. I've had to do that when I'm eating locally made foods.
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Seriously, Manda, get out of my head!!
    There... now we can be friends again. :tongue:

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mandasalem
    mandasalem Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    *ding, ding* Winner!

Winner, winner, chicken dinner... aw, man, there goes an hour right there, trying to figure out what in the database matches with chicken dinner. I have work to do today, too!
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If it's taking you that long you're doing something wrong. Even with the wrong entries it only takes a few minutes if you log as you go along.

I agree. Also I LOVE YOUR ADIPOSE AVATAR! :D
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If it's taking you that long you're doing something wrong. Even with the wrong entries it only takes a few minutes if you log as you go along.

this.
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I also find that it takes an unnecessarily long time to track *new items (those I haven't tracked before). That's why I use Weight Watchers to track my food and hang out here for the Forums..

The inaccuracy bugs me A LOT too!
  • shelllord
    shelllord Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Takes me 30 seconds to input a meal,you must be doing something wrong or having one hell of a meal ha
  • shelllord
    shelllord Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Takes me 30 seconds to input a meal,you must be doing something wrong or having one hell of a meal ha
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I also find that it takes an unnecessarily long time to track *new items (those I haven't tracked before). That's why I use Weight Watchers to track my food and hang out here for the Forums..

You're doing it wrong also.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Don't know if there is such a thing as a perfect site,tho I do agree.Takes a lot of wading thru food lists.Just today I tried finding a Tbl of white sugar Oh,well...it is what it is.

It took me less than 5 seconds to find a tbsp of white sugar. Was first item on the list. Are we checking the same food lists ?
  • GamerGirly
    GamerGirly Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    OR instead of quitting.. do what I do.

DON'T LOG!!

Eat healthy. Know what you're eating. Don't over-eat. Stay disciplined and you don't need to log.

What does logging food really tell you?? You're eating right? You're eating wrong? You should already know that...

I actually joined in February 2013.. My ticker should be able to show that logging has no direct effect of how much you can lose if you stick to good choices. It's a lifestyle change not a diet.

Best of luck
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    You joined in May 2009 and just came to this conclusion for yourself? I guess some people are just slow learners. :ohwell:
  • nleighp
    nleighp Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    vanille-ciao-gif-o.gif
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!

I make all my food from scratch, and can't say it has eve taken me half an hour to log food!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options

I love that you're here, posting that....
  • chirosche
    chirosche Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Funny, I don't even see 1 logged meal in your diary!

Because it's too HAAAAARD! (<--- read in 13 year old voice)

This...you didn't even log 1 meal??? So what are you talking about again?

Yeah the verdict's in. Needs Attention!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Not sure why someone with such little time to log foods would even bother taking the time to post about leaving.

Burn.jpg
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

QFT