Just curious, what are you guys having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Currently I am addicted to breakfast quesadillas with low carb tortilla, egg whites, turkey sausage, lowfat cheese, and whatever else I decide to throw in there.
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1 cup of plain greek yogurt, 1/2 of fresh blueberries and a teaspoon of honey. Also, coffee with this super addicting Bailey's creamer which I can't wait to be done with. :ohwell:
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Usually a Protein Smoothie:

2 Scoops EAS 100% Whey -Chocolate
    1 TBLS Jif Low Sodium Natural Peanut Butter or Simply Jif Low Sugar PB
    1 Banana
    1/2 Cup Ice
    1 - 1 1/2 cup Vanilla Almond Milk
    Blend.

Sometimes Ill have a plum too when i get to work.
  • RobinME
    RobinME Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Cooked oatmeal with walnuts, pineapple and unsweetened shredded coconut.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I eat twice before lunch, so I've sorta had 2 breakfasts. 1 cookies & cream protein shake w/some PB2 added for deliciousness & an Aldi's brand energy shot. Later, I had old fashioned oatmeal flavored with splenda, a touch of brown sugar and a bit of cinnamon. Delish!
  • radeema
    radeema Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    100 grams of avocado flesh (2 small avocado's) blended with a splash of almond milk,- just enough to get a creamy consistency. Also added a packet of truvia and a a few drops of vanilla extract. This topped with half a cup of kashi go lean granola cereal and a drizzle of maple syrup.

and green tea
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Old fashioned oatmeal with tons of cinnamon; cut up apple, berries or grapes, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, almonds and almond milk.

For a while I was having all that in a smoothie with protein powder - tasted like fruity pancake batter. Not a low calorie breakfast at all, but it's good fuel for the day, and it keeps me full for a good long while.
  • wruper
    wruper Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm having coffee, an egg and a LA Torilla low carb tortilla. Yum!
  • Goal175lbs
    Goal175lbs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    For people who have only ate instant oats, please, PLEASE, go and buy some old fashioned oat meal (rolled oats). You will never go back to quick or instant oats again.
  • christou84
    christou84 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    A healthy smoothie made of bananas, peanut butter, almond milk, and greek yogurt :) (oh, and black coffee) ;)
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    overnight oats with peaches and cinnamon
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    3/4-1 cup milk
    cinnamon
    fruit of your liking

mix together night before you want it... it is so good
    so far i have used blueberries, mango and peaches.
    will try different fruits once i get to the store
  • OptimisticlyOptimistic
    Options
    Strawberries, cottage cheese, and a slice of fresh baked bread with some butta! :heart:
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    Vanilla Chex with Vanilla Almond Milk. Feeling Vanilla today.
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For people who have only ate instant oats, please, PLEASE, go and buy some old fashioned oat meal (rolled oats). You will never go back to quick or instant oats again.

Is there a way to "half *kitten*" the making of steel cut oats? I know they are much better for you but popping the 1 minute quick oats in the microwave is so much easier.
  • Goal175lbs
    Goal175lbs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats are more of a chore but good, you pretty much have to overnight cook those. Rolled oats only take a few more minutes than instant oatmeal though and taste a million times better. It's worth the extra 5 or 6 minutes to make.
  • mazekah
    mazekah Posts: 52
    Options
    1/2 cup whole oats, cooked
    1 T. almonds
    1 T. raisins
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup homemade pico de gallo
    1 oz raw milk cheddar

I won't be hungry again until 2 pm.

(A dietician made me do it...)
  • icywindow
    icywindow Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Is there a way to "half *kitten*" the making of steel cut oats? I know they are much better for you but popping the 1 minute quick oats in the microwave is so much easier.
    You can make them raw - soak them overnight in the refrigerator in water or almond milk, then blend them in a blender with fruit.
  • nuttinbutsuga
    nuttinbutsuga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I had a homemade steak and egg sandwich. 2oz cubed steak, egg beaters with banana peppers on Nature's Own butter bread.
  • chancock6
    Options
    Today? Two waffles and a bottle of water.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options

My kids eat instant oats every morning. Could you be more specific as to your objection to them?

Read this, particularly number 3:

http://www.mnn.com/food/healthy-eating/stories/the-9-nastiest-things-in-your-supermarket

This says that my oats are filled with high fructose corn syrup, which may be contaminated with mercury:

"3. Heavy metal oatmeal

The gross factor: Sugary and calorie-laden, those convenient instant-oatmeal packets all have one thing in common. They're sweetened with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS), which, according to tests from the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy, may be contaminated with mercury. The group tested 55 samples of HFCS and found mercury in a third of them at levels three times higher than what the average woman should consume in a day."

Firstly, my oats "may" be contaminated and secondly, I live in Australia where our oats are free to roam in fructose-free fields of loveliness.