Just curious, what are you guys having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I had my favorite cream cheese cake with a Red Bull, then a banana.
  • Sweetredpoison
    Sweetredpoison Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For people who have only ate instant oats, please, PLEASE, go and buy some old fashioned oat meal (rolled oats). You will never go back to quick or instant oats again.

Is there a way to "half *kitten*" the making of steel cut oats? I know they are much better for you but popping the 1 minute quick oats in the microwave is so much easier.
    You can make them raw - soak them overnight in the refrigerator in water or almond milk, then blend them in a blender with fruit.

Sounds good. However I have heard that left over steel cut oats aren't that great the next day. I don't really want to add many more milk to them,.. although I will if I have to.
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    My favorite: Three egg whites scrambled with one Morningstar soy sausage patty and a green smoothie: big handful of kale, big handful of spinach, granny smith apple, orange, fresh ginger and lemon, and water to thin. Yum-- only about 300-350 calories -- keeps me satisfied and energized for hours.

That sounds like puke on a plate. Sorry,dude.

Sounds pretty good to me, except I like something to thicken up my smoothies. Usually a banana or Greek yogurt.

My usual is a single whole egg on an everything bagel, with Swiss cheese and maybe some greens. And coffee.

Today, I had 2 packets of Better Oats Maple & Brown Sugar, a spoonful of Greek yogurt, and a glass of water. I need some coffee...

Gawd, kale, spinach, banana and yoghurt?

Yes. Have you tried it? Even better, use Swiss chard for the greens.

I must admit that I have never tried a kale and banana milkshake. It may be my loss.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have some weird peanut butter & jelly obsession, so I have peanut butter & jelly (seedless blackberry jam) on a toasted English muffin every morning.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    Try it with a little honey too. Super delish.
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    egg whites cooked in coconut oil, topped off with spinach, tomato
    non fat greek yogurt with some blueberries and chia seeds
    coffee with almond milk and stevia mixed in the cinnamon powder
  • MyseriMapleleaf
    MyseriMapleleaf Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Nada- trying out 'Intermittent Fasting'. It's fabulous. It's the only way I've found to not go over my calories. If I eat breakfast I must be kickstarting what little metabolism I have and I am starving all day long. It's working for now. 9lbs down in 3 weeks :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Nothing, I no longer eat breakfast.
  • MsMimidoll
    MsMimidoll Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    The usual, 2 eggs over easy on half a wheat sub roll
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Granola bar and coffee, too rushed this morning.
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    english muffin with crunchy peanut butter and 2 hard boiled eggs
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with flax and raspberries and of course coffee.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Packet of oatmeal, two eggs, tbsp flax seed, half of a banana, half cup blueberries mixed together and made into a large pancake. I'll be putting a tbsp of maple syrup on top. YUM.
  • madge09
    madge09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Homemade zucchini waffles...flour, vanilla, 2 eggs, Almond Milk baking powder... don't have the calorie count however.
  • kaykaylyn
    kaykaylyn Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    1/2 c. Pineapple, half a pear and tbsp. Whipped cream.
  • Toblave
    Toblave Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Does eating just the eggs whites reduce the amount of cholesterol there is?

Yes, the cholesterol and about half the calories are mostly in the yolk but so is the rest of the good stuff like vitamins and minerals. That said, recent studies have shown that dietary cholesterol isn't all bad in moderation; a few eggs a week aren't going to hurt you and they are an excellent source of vitamins, minerals and protein.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/eggs/

http://www.sciencenews.org/view/generic/id/7301/description/Reevaluating_Eggs_Cholesterol_Risks
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    mashed banana and 2 eggs cooked into two pancakes and sugar free fat free white chocolate jello pudding
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I had a blueberry Fage yogurt, half an Apple Pie Larabar, and a cup of coffee with 1% milk. That's less than I usually have, but I so didn't feel like going to the gym this morning, so I wanted to have a little something to fuel my workout then get out the door before I started coming up with excuses.
  • kickboxerdiva
    kickboxerdiva Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a 1/2 cup of oatmeal (measured dry) with cinnamon and a little splenda and egg whites. On my high calorie days I'll add 1/2 of a portabello muchroom cap and 2 tbsp of parmesean cheese to my eggs.
  • OzarkNana
    OzarkNana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Eggs, scrambled and juice, black coffee, bottle of water

8oz V-8 Juice
    1/2 cup egg substitute
    1 slice Canadian Bacon
    2 TBS FF Shredded Cheddar Cheese
    1/2 cup mixed fresh veggies (spinach, zucchini, onion and green peppers)