Going to leave

Options

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well good luck with that. I've tried other sites. Not ever leaving here. Also holy hell - 30 - 60 minutes to log a meal - you're just not doing something right.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Well since she's been on since 2009 and has logged 0 pounds lost. I'd bet not doing it at all is the real problem.
    It's funny when people blame their laziness on the tools they're not using.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

Thanks! I never have issues logging foods. Only rarely do I really have trouble finding something....but, this is a great tip for having confidence that the info is accurate!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I usually log my breakfast, and then lunch/dinner/snacks shortly after and all at the same time, and I'd be shocked if it took me more than a minute. And the only reason it takes me more than 30 seconds is when I'm trying to figure out measurements.
    I understand searching for a new food in the database might be confusing sometimes when you get twenty results that all say "tomato-raw". But there's no way it takes you 30 minutes to an hour.
  • Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    It literally takes me 2mins to plan out my food for the next day, you are definitely doing something wrong. Try typing in whatever food you are looking for then add USDA at the end, this will bring up the USDA entry which is accurate.

Thanks for the tip, I just went in and did that , it helps a lot for fresh fruit and veggies.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I log my food for the day first thing in the morning & it takes me, maximum 5-10 minutes and thats if I have something out of the ordinary for me. Foods I eat on a regular basis are under frequent or recent listings or if its something harder to find just enter it yourself & then its always under 'your food". its really quite simple. I've used all of the sites and this really is one of the most user friendly, although I would prefer it if you could sort the foods like you can on Sparkpeople.com, where you can look at foods others listed or not, then you weed out all the incorrect entries.
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options

Thanks for the tip, I just went in and did that , it helps a lot for fresh fruit and veggies.

I didn't know about this, that is a help. I usually just add 'raw' at the end to fruits & vegs and that helps a bit but i'll give this a try. thanks!
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I don't find it difficult at all.

Goodbye.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    you can create your own versions of foods and even limit them to just yourself, you don't have to go with what's listed.
    adding USDA might be accurate for the US, as Tesco would be for UK, but they are useless for other countries that don't use them.

Personally my biggest gripe is people not putting in nutrition advice at all, just putting calories or just one of the macro's and leaving everything else blank or imputing portion sizes as Cups, pieces, portions, 1/4-1/8th, serves, slices, plates, bowls. Yeah so what's your definition of any of those it varies considerably between different food types, it's not hard to make an entry and list grams which covers every food type

I take bout 30mins to plan my entire next days meals with exception of dinner which i work out the next day, once you've selected something it puts it into recent so you can go back and chose it again quickly, how is that hard? and if you make your own meals and recipes they are in a seperate tab again. so difficult
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    It takes me about 10 minutes to log everything
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!

the site is free and is community driven. anything with a * is user added, not MFP added. you can't expect unpaid by us workers to professionally maintain a database of millions of food items, and it does state when you add something thats already there "are u sure this is new?" so blame the idiots who add wrong items or add there own personal version that is specific to them and then allow it to be public. MFP staff asked me for pictures and nutrition labels for brand food etc specific to my country so they could be added to the database that seems like people that do care.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    24 hours and 34 minutes later. C'mon OP, let's do it already.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    If this utterly ridiculous thread doesn't stop haunting the boards then...

I'm leaving!
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    False advertising.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    False advertising.
    Can we sue?
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Maybe they just left without deactivating. Have they been back to reply in all of these pages?
  • BadKittie05
    BadKittie05 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    There is a scanner on the mobile app...that doesn't give me issues at all.
  • Mrsfluffypants
    Mrsfluffypants Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Do you have "Name" clicked on your search, perhaps, instead of 'relevance'? That can make a huge difference. I accidentally checked the wrong one once and it was almost impossible to find the food I needed. Then I realized what I did. Good luck to you.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    There is a scanner on the mobile app...that doesn't give me issues at all.

There are mini servings of Hagen Das that don't have the nutritional info on them so I scanned it while I was at Wal-Mart and "no internet connection" in the store... so annoying. I got a Coke Zero instead, not nearly as fun lol
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I like this site, I really do....However, I just don't have the time it takes to wade though all of the wrong food entries just to find the one that matches what I have in my hand. It should NOT take 30 to 60 minutes to log each meal! It's just plain ridiculous, can people not read what's in front of them?!! How can there be 10 - 15 entries for the same exact item?? So I am off to hopefully find something else, maybe I'll just spend the money of a site that can keep a better nutrition chart, if there is one out there. If not then it just may be faster to make my own, at least then I'll know it's right.

Good luck everyone!

But if you are off to search for another calorie counting site, how many hours and days before you can google one??