30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the review! For all of those that say there are better multivitams that are cheaper out there you can take, can you please list a few. I need the nutrients but not sure about spending the money on Shakeology right now. So what are the vitamins that you take that are good quality and where can I buy them? Thanks!
    Ultimate Woman Gold from Vitamin Shoppe is good (I'm guessing, I use Ultimate Man Gold, and love it, so I'm guessing the woman one is just as good for women.) Also, Optimum Nutrition makes a good multivitamin, I believe it's called Opti-Women. You should be able to get both from the Vitamin Shoppe, or Amazon.
  • AngDenSti
    AngDenSti Posts: 184
    Options
    I LOVE Shakeology and did become a coach for the discount!! I love Beachbody and I think their products are great!! But I am a teacher and love my job so I'm not looking for a career change. I do love my discount though!! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It's what shakeology did for me too... removed all my sweet and junk food cravings. I used it for about two months, then stopped, and now I can eat a reasonable amount of 'junk' food without binging. I think it was a huge help, but I don't miss it.
  • Gharley64
    Gharley64 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    WOW...I'll stick with lawn trimmings and cocaine....WAY Cheaper.

It sucks how they put ridiculous prices on these products to give them the impression of greatness.
  • AAustin311
    Options
    I have a friend who swears by the Jay Robb's protein shakes. I haven't been able to find them around where I am, but when I do I'll definitely be buying it, because usually I find her recommendations right on the money :)
    [/quote]

**If you have a store called Kroger's in your town/city, they do have Jay Robb's protein powder there. It's $16. Not too bad. Wal Mart may have it. They normally have everything. Not sure though.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Adds multivitamin to protein powder. Gets people to purchase for twice the price of protein powder + multivitamin. Gotta love it.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Thinking about running a cycle of shakeology

What kind of PCT do I need?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Thinking about running a cycle of shakeology

What kind of PCT do I need?

http://www.beachbody.com/product/detox-cleanse/ultimate-reset.do
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    this is my unbiased take on the nutritional quality of the shake, for the price that they charge they should be using a much higher quality form of vitamins, they use mostly the cheaper versions, esp B12 (Shakeology uses cyanocobalamin, the cheapest form of it, and has much poorer absorbility then other forms), also for the price and it being touted as a MRP, why they would use whey vs a blend or something like micellar casein(micellar casein and blends happen to cost more) and the anti oxidents and other stuff they threw in there see to be underdosed

I am new to this healthy lifestyle thing and I'm open to suggestions. This is the first shake I've ever tried (other than slimfast about 10 yrs ago :laugh: )
    Do you have recommendations for something better? I like what I have so far but if something works better for others I'm interested...

I don't have meal replacement things very often, but on the occasions where I do, I make them with whey isolate powder, frozen fruit and laban (Arabic milk drink - you could use yoghurt instead) in a blender. I use vanilla flavour whey isolate so it actually tastes a lot like ice cream, although the texture is a bit more like sorbet. It works out a LOT cheaper than shakeology, it's full of vitamins from the fruit and laban, and protein from the laban and protein powder. Depending on whether you use full fat, half fat or skimmed laban (or yoghurt) it can be a source of healthy fats.

you can add all kinds to smoothies if you make them yourself. the one I make takes about a minute to prepare, i.e. pour in the frozen fruit, the laban, then a scoop of protein powder, then blend and pour into a bowl (I eat it in a bowl like ice cream but you could just as easily drink it like a milkshake if you let it melt a little). So if you wanted the benefits of a particular vegetable you could include it, some people even put stuff like spinach in smoothies, if they don't like eating spinach but want the vitamins and minerals from it.

Hope that gives you some ideas.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'll ADMIT, I used Shakeology When I was pregnant with my 2nd daughter back in 2010-2011

It offered me extra nutrition (not to lose weight)

I then thought it was too expensive...I bought it from a coach who later got really mad at me when I cancelled my account.

I then switched to Slim Fast 3-2-1 shakes (for the same nutrition)

I got over my Eating Disorder from all of this and in the end, I got a beautiful healthy baby girl. Who will be 2 this September.

Not a fan of the flavor..I had to add extra "goodies" to it to make it taste better. IMO I think it tastes like chalk.

Next pregnancy, I'm using Whey Protein...yep its safe for pregnancies =)

I'm so happy to have read this. I have some Nutramino low carb protein shakes in my fridge and since I'm supposed to have max 200 extra calories a day and they come in at 145, I use them for my "baby" calories.
  • Buckeyt
    Buckeyt Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I just started Shakeology 2 weeks ago and I'm just wondering how long did it take for you to start seeing a big difference in your energy level, reduced cravings, weight loss, etc.? Also, did you make any other changes in your diet?

BUMP!

I am curious about the same thing! I started Shakeology 2 weeks ago & am wondering the same! When do you see a diff in weight loss, energy, etc. HELP!!

Perhaps you're coming to the realization that you wasted your money on something that isn't as magical as you're lead to believe

Exactly. I make it for my wife every morning for breakfast because she says it keeps her full and it's easy to make. She hasn't lost a pound simply by eating it as the rest of her diet sucks. She doesn't have tons of energy, as the rest of her diet sucks! Not a magic bullet by any means.
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the intrigue of the product is the convenience factor.
  • autumnsquirrel
    autumnsquirrel Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    WOW...I'll stick with lawn trimmings and cocaine....WAY Cheaper.

It sucks how they put ridiculous prices on these products to give them the impression of greatness.
    Agreed!!
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Aside from the product being way over priced, do you have to mix it with something? I mean doesn't that almost defeat the purpose? The thing is already over priced and your still having to spend "more" to make it bearable? Just seems add. I thought that you just add water and drink it. I was considering trying the Vanilla one but if i have to spend even more money just to make it bearable, it just seems a bit pointless no? Or am i missing something here?
  • mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    Options
    bump for later... going to use the recipes and suggestions! Thanks!
  • CFam5
    CFam5 Posts: 24
    Options
    I have been using Chocolate Shakeology now for a couple of days at work with no blender available, I use a shaker. I am wincing the whole time I drink it. I tried it with just water then I tried it with milk and banana that I blended that morning. Both days, bad. I have now bought a personal blender for work and I will try the recipe on this post and if there are any other recipes out there that make this bearable, I would love to see them. I like the idea of Shakeology just can't get past the taste yet. Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I love the hope that these posts give me :) Thank you!

you def need a blender! use ice and it makes it a little thicker! I don't like my shakes runny. i use almond milk with mine, just 8 oz to keep the calories low. I have done the following:

raspberries - nice dark chocolate/berry flavor
    banana - generic tasting
    banana & 1 tbsp of peanut butter - very good and rich tasting; however, use this one on a day where you can spare extra calories (gym day)
    Blueberries - good but I think raspberries taste better with the chocolate.
    Raspberries with peanut butter - kind of like a peanut butter & jelly sam!!!

Hope that helps. I want to try the vanilla but I haven't branched out yet!
  • sonerrali
    sonerrali Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How does other supplements compare with Shakeology for example Slim Fast? Its late and is the only one that comes to my mind as readily available without having to blend (which could be a problem for me at work). Any other suggestions outside slim fast and shakelolgy (keep in mind im in the UK and dont like he idea of importing food or drinks)
  • rfortiejr23
    rfortiejr23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    A coworker who is a coach gave me samples. But also said he add stuff to it to make it better. If I am paying that much it shouldn't need additives. For less than that price I use about time protien http://tryabouttime.com/ add all the flax and berries I want and still be way cheaper. The protien is a dollar a serving.
  • Mj1500s
    Options
    Thank you all for taking the time to post reviews!
  • Mj1500s
    Options
    LOL. (re: I thought Birch got robbed in 'o8.) ha ha :)