21 day Challenge - JOIN IN

Options

Replies

• kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Trish,

Best wishes for a GREAT tournament! I promise I won't be sitting back screaming "In the hole!" every time you tee off. ::Grins and chuckles::

Glad to hear your foot is doing better, and that the likely hood of it being broken is low! You've been doing great, and I hate to think of you getting sidelined because you stepped on something wrong.

Round 6, day 7

A lousy day for me. But I just couldn't actually make it to the gym today. No sleep, and my normal time was taken up with jockeying cars around to get mine repaired while ensuring I could get to my last classes and work site. Think I'm counting this as rest day 2.

I DID managed to creep in 47 mins walking, according to my HRM pedometer. And, most of that was carrying my school bag (approx 15 pounds right now), gym bag (approx 10 pounds until I drank the 2L that was in it), and my work folder (5 pounds or so? 1/2 full of paper, so it's not a fly weight any more.) Supposedly, that means I walked 1.7 miles, but I wouldn't swear to that. Mostly, because I don't remember much of today due to sleep deprive.

Going to get my desert, then heading to bed. Hope you have a terrific week!
  • Trishajac
    Trishajac Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Geez K.... I would certainly COUNT 47 minutes of walking.... sometimes my activity is 20 - 25 min of walking... better than the couch potato - that's all I can say!

You're doing great!

My aim is to check in daily - but heck - not always able - .... but I will as often as I can - won't leave the group!! I can't reach the msg board on my mobile app (cell phone) - that's annoying!

"See" you tomorrow!

Hope you get some rest!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    ::Chuckles and blushes:: Yesterday WAS lousy - for me. Usually, walking is just a bit of activity getting to or from somewhere else that I intend to be active at. Kind of like today - 2.02 miles walking to/from class/car/gym or while actually on the clock. The rest of the activity was in the water. Love me my pool time! And, I had a GREAT day today too. Actually got some sleep last night, so was rearing to go today.

51 min walking to/from car/class/gym (2.02 mi),
    33 min swim 4 X 300 m medleys of breast stroke, freestyle, back stroke (no butterfly today),
    60 mins cleaning (work time)

On the swim, skipped the butterfly because there wasn't a life guard on duty today, and I'm still struggling with that stroke. Most times I've finally figured out how NOT to attempt a drowning, but there are still enough occurrences often enough I want to make sure someone's on hand in case I decide water CAN serve instead of plain air. (For some reason, I still can't figure out why that doesn't work well for humans. ::Grins::)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 6, day 9

72 mins walking to/from car/class/gym,
    60 mins lifting,
    10 mins stretching (maybe I won't be sore tomorrow?),
    24 mins elliptical ( 20 mins interval, 4 min cool down)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 6, day 10

Walking 43 min (mostly at work),
    4 hours solid cleaning (work)

Was supposed to hit the pool today, but with as scatterbrained as I was leaving the house, I left my second breakfast AND my intended lunch in the fridge (along with several other non-important, but nice to have items on the study desk). I learned my lesson yesterday about exercising on an growling stomach - NOT a wise idea for me. But, still had a fairly respectable day, thanks to work.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Welcome MrBiggiesworth to the 21 day challenge! Tazmac is around here somewhere most days, and I try to post daily, just to keep things rolling.

Quoting from Tazmac's intro post:

I was at a meeting today - and fitness was part of the discussion.

The comment was made that it takes 21 days to make a habit a reality.

I am starting a 21 day challenge for myself and would be really happy if you were interested in joining in.

You can pick your type of exercise - Let's just ensure that it is a calorie burn that is from physical exercise (swimming, walking, running, physical sport ... even Wii Fit, etc)

ADD - YOUR START DATE FOR YOUR 21 DAY CHALLENGE AND YOUR EXERCISE CHOICE FOR THE DAY.

Try to check in daily and report your success of completing exercise and what you chose to do. Your choice may inspire others in the challenge!

Hope to see many participants!

End quote.

We enjoy seeing different faces around, and it is always fun to watch others as they progress through their "challenges". Right now, she and I are keeping it alive, but anyone is welcome to start and stay as long as you please.

Round 6, day 11

work day (ugh!) 40 mins walking (1.6 miles),
    10 HOURS cleaning (Why the ugh! Thank heaven's this isn't a normal occurance! Much prefer the 10 hour work days, not 12's)

I think I'm going to call it a night now, and see if I can reintroduce the pillows to my head at a reasonable time for once. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Deliberate rest day. I've been so exhausted this week that I knew I would be sleeping the better part of one day this weekend. It happened to be today. Have a full schedule for the rest of the time, so back at it tomorrow.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 6, day 12

32 mins walking (1.02 mi),
    30 mins cleaning blitz on the living areas (cat's still sneezing all over everything),
    20 mins folding laundry (I despise folding sheets now)

Now to figure out how to get the outside work done. This is a long weekend, and I have YET to get outside to do any work. Will have to get it done tomorrow, or I'm in deep clippings. ::Grins:: Though, mom and dad are hiding from the heat too, so may not get TOO many clippings piled up around the knees. Just the ones with all of the cuckleburrs in them if I'm lucky.
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 6, day 13 (Yes, I skipped over 9-2 - had to get homework done.)

walking 28 min (1 mi approx),
    4 X 400 m medleys of breast stroke, free style, back stroke, side stroke @ 100 m each (55 min total in the water),
    3 hours of cleaning (work).
    Thinking about adding an hour or two of weeding, still under debate.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    ::Chuckles and blushes:: Yesterday WAS lousy - for me. Usually, walking is just a bit of activity getting to or from somewhere else that I intend to be active at. Kind of like today - 2.02 miles walking to/from class/car/gym or while actually on the clock. The rest of the activity was in the water. Love me my pool time! And, I had a GREAT day today too. Actually got some sleep last night, so was rearing to go today.

51 min walking to/from car/class/gym (2.02 mi),
    33 min swim 4 X 300 m medleys of breast stroke, freestyle, back stroke (no butterfly today),
    60 mins cleaning (work time)

On the swim, skipped the butterfly because there wasn't a life guard on duty today, and I'm still struggling with that stroke. Most times I've finally figured out how NOT to attempt a drowning, but there are still enough occurrences often enough I want to make sure someone's on hand in case I decide water CAN serve instead of plain air. (For some reason, I still can't figure out why that doesn't work well for humans. ::Grins::)

You are amazing - Really!!

My exercise is mostly walking.... So I'm happy to count that! I'm going to try some yoga ....soon I hope!

Have a couple of days of activity to recode today....

Good for you on welcoming the new fella... Hopefully he will come on board!

Trish
  • Trishajac
    Options
    K...

You continue to impress me! You are very committed to a healthy you...I hope I can get there! Glad you are around to encourage my checking in!!

Congrats on your hard work for days 8 thru 13 !! Quite q variety with walking, lifting, elliptical, swimming, weeding, clipping, and cleaning...W-o-W

:flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    ****Round 5 - day 8 (Tuesday 27)

GPS Watch data - 50 min walk - 5.06 km

Have the 5 km route noted now for lunchtime walks...when weather permits!

****Round 5 - day 9 (Wednesday 28)

20 a 25 min walking...to & from today...

****Round 5 - day 10 (Thursday 29)

3 hours - 45 min -- Golf with power cart

****Round 5 - day 11 (Friday 30)

4 hours 10 min - Golf - walked the course

****Round 5 - day 12 (Saturday 31)

3 - 4 hours walking around a motorcycle rally (Wharf Rat rally).... Along with 5-6 hours passenger on the motorcycle. 2 1/2 hours ride to rally... Sure some muscles were used here!!

Ok...caught up on fitness!!

Hopefully I'll get a workout in tomorrow after physio appt...

• Trishajac
    Options
    Round 5 - day 13 (Wednesday 04)

60+ min weeding two flower beds

:happy:
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    @ tazmac

Wow, you are moving those feet! Way to go for days 8 - 13! Walking definitely works for activity/exercise. I'm lucky in that I have the school gym with free access (Well, at least paid for in my tuition!) and fairly decent hours. So, all I have to do is figure out how to make the exercise work with the REST of my day.

Round 6, day 14

32 min walking around campus. Should have hit the gym, but got hit with a nasty case of the "I don't wanna, I aint gonna!" Got to get rid of this attitude some how.

I'll get more tomorrow, because it's a work day, but I've GOT to get into the gym to lift too. Swimming and cleaning are all well and good, but the big measurement changes only happen when I actually am pushing the heavy iron things around. Right now I just want to do something different. Don't know what, but something. But, with work/school/homework "different" isn't likely to happen anytime soon, sadly. Maybe the movie I watched tonight instead of weeding/weed eating/ homework I should have done will be enough of a "naughty" break to let me actually settle into harness for the semester. I hate fighting it, but I also hate HAVING it. Wish I were past graduation into REAL work.

(Sorry about the whine. Bad mood all day.)
  • kcaffee1
    Options
    Round 6, day 15

much better day today!

50 min walking (1.69 mi),
    3.5 hours cleaning (work),

4 X 400 m medleys of 100 m breast stroke, 100 m free style, 100 m back stroke, 25 m butterfly/ 25 m side stroke splits (last 100 m set was all side stroke) total time in the water: 60 mins! YAY!

1600 m goal reached again! Now to get that time dropped some more.
  • Trishajac
    Options
    K.... No apology required here to blow off steam... I understand! I know last year when I was working and university part time - I was so tired!

Round 5 - day 14(Thursday)

Cleaning around the house today....(likely tomorrow too).... Expecting company this Saturday for the day/night....

Approx 45 min today ..

• Trishajac
    Options
    Glad today was a better day for you!! :flowerforyou:
  • Trishajac
    Options
    Round 5 - day 15 (Friday)

Walking back & forth to meetings - approx. 30 min.

Walking (slower pace) to do errands including groceries - approx. 30 min.

Approx 60 min today ..

• kcaffee1
    Options
    Great day 15 tazmac! Just because you slowed down doesn't mean you didn't get the extra time/steps/miles in.

Thanks for understanding about having a bad day. TOM came for a visit, so the attitude's been in the sewer. Trying to clean it up, but this time I seemed to have really wallowed in the mess, so it's taking some doing. And missing days has hurt on the attitude adjustment too.

Round 6, day 16

Work day, so I already knew the gym was out - day starts with sun up, and usually doesn't END until the sun goes down - and with my heaviest work as the last client I work with, I'm wiped out.

6 hours cleaning (work),
    48 mins walking (1.67 miles while working)