30 pounds by Christmas..Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• timetolive2010
    Options
    I think I might just be able to accomplish this 30 by Christmas! I'm off on a roll here by some sheer miracle.
  • ginotti
    Options
    count me in gong on holiday soon for two weeks so know i will put some back on but will be straight back in diet mode on return home

811634.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • michele0101
    Options
    Count me in!
  • miss_amy
    Options
    Hey all! Haven't checked in on here in a while. I'm still aiming for 30lbs by Christmas! Since starting this challenge, I've lost 5 1/2lbs, so I have 24 1/2lbs to go to make my goal! I'm down a total of 15 1/2lbs since joining MFP! If I make my goal, I'll be at a 40lb total loss at Christmas! Woo hoo! Good luck everyone!
  • vikkij12
    Options
    Back again, last week must have been a real glitch because I am back to where I should be today. yeah, 96.0
  • Shaqueta
    Options
    Hi everyone I just saw this topic and I'd love to join in!!! I know I'm late but I think I can do it. I recently got laid off, and I've kicked up my workout routine to 2-3 hours in the gym 4-5 days a week. I have nothing but time. October I'm going to start back and stick to the meal plan from the 50 million pounds website. I'm looking forward to this. I've been on here for a few months and alot of the friends I have made are falling off the band wagon and slacking so I'm definitely in need of new support and people to motivate.
  • roughneckswife
    roughneckswife Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I've been such a lazy butt the past few months, but I HAVE to do something now. Me and a few friends made a contest. We each put in $40 and decided whoever loses the most weight at the end of the month gets the $$! I'm so pumped!
  • tina_fowler
    Options
    I am so new to this but 30 by christmas sounds like a great gift to myself! I'm in as well let me know what i need to do because like i said i am really new to all this! Congrats to everyone on their weightloss and good luck!
    ~tina
  • dachelle
    Options
    Im in !
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    HELLLLLLLOOOOOOOO EVERYONE!!!! Hello To You New Ladies!! AND WELCOME!! I am going to do my best to get you guys pumped up again on this thread!!! We have a couple days till our WEDNESDAY weigh in day although wednesdays have not seemed to be in my favor thursday's however are fine :huh: SO Lets get a convo going about what you have been doing to accomplish our 30 lbs by Christmas goal.....
    I'LL START :tongue:
    So I have increased my walking a lot!! I walk at work at least 30 mins a day at work but its usually about an hour in total my 2 15 min breaks and 1/2 of my lunch hour. Then at home I have really increased the walks I even went early yesterday sunday morning and walked for well over an hour. We recently rescued a 1 yr old Bull Mastiff we named Titus. He is an awesome workout buddy!! And BONUS Since the husband has his big 'manly' dog he comes walking too!! I am so looking forward to cooler weather coming even though today LA hit an ALL TIME HIGH TODAY!! :glasses: So we have had him about 3weeks the dog not the husband:laugh: and he is a great new edition to the family and to my workouts!
    I woke up really early ONCE before work lol and did Level 2 of 30 DS I have not done the 30 day shred like I was planning but I am doing it about twice maybe three times a week.
    And The Elliptical Well.....Today I burned 800cals in 60mins on that sucker!!:bigsmile:
    I have increased the resistance from 2 to 6 and feel like I could go for hours!!
    AND WATER WATER WATER!!! I am at about 20 cups a day maybe even more...:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    SO YOUR TURN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO GET FINE FOR THE HOLIDAYS!?!?!
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    WE NOW HAVE:heart: 89 DAYS :heart: TILL CHRISTMAS,,, THATS 13 WEEKS!
    1 LB PER WEEK IS 13 LBS LIGHTER THAN YOU ARE RIGHT NOW.....
    1.5 LBS A WEEK IS 0VER 19LBS LIGHTER THAN YOU ARE RIGHT NOW
    AND A WELL PLANNED WELL EXECUTED COMMITMENT TO 2 LBS A WEEK IS 26 LBS LIGHTER THAN YOU ARE RIGHT NOW!! THIS IS STILL POSSIBLE!!:smile::smile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    Someone posted that 30 lbs is hopeless at this point well 26 is pretty dang close to 30!! :tongue:
    So now tell us your plan. :flowerforyou:
  • tishonamarie
    tishonamarie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well folks! I joined this group and hit a huge wall!!!! I stopped losing and thus stopped losing my motivation to lose. I weighed this morning and had lost .6 for a total of 7 pounds :-) It put a smile on my face and some pep in my step! I have 23 more pounds by Christmas!!!! I know I can do this if I put my mind to it and seek the Lord for His help and guidance. Only He can give me the self-control I am needing! I hope to start adding walking into my day and bust out my zumba again. WE CAN DO THIS PEOPLE!!!!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    well, finally back on the internet! phew!

i know its not the right day for weigh in but i might as well do a catch up.

SW:186
    CW:167
    Loss for week: 10lb
    Loss in total: 19lb
  • giggles29169
    giggles29169 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    going good so far...down almost 15 from starting weight...yay!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options

WOW 10lbs in one week, I would have to have something amputated lol!!! fan tast ic!!!!!! go girlie!!!!!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Count me in too! My daughter is getting
    married in Jamaica in November. I want
    to look good in my bathing suit. :tongue:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options

10lbs since last week?!? WHAT! Please share with the group what you have been doing this past week! GOOD WORK!!:drinker:
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    I like the idea of talking about what we have been doing. Good motivation. Honestly, I haven't been doing anything and that is why I am back up to almost where I started. :sad: So starting today I am going to stay within my calories and start back exercising. I'm started my training for C25K today. I want to run a 5K in December and I need to get started!! I'm getting so discouraged. When I look in the mirror, all I see are things I want to change. But change needs to start from within if I want to see change on the outside.
  • dolliesnlollies
    Options
    I'm in! 30 lbs would be perfect for me and I'm losing about 1.5-2 lbs a week right now so I'd need to up that by a few lbs here and there in order to get to 30 lbs at this point.
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of talking about what we have been doing. Good motivation. Honestly, I haven't been doing anything and that is why I am back up to almost where I started. :sad: So starting today I am going to stay within my calories and start back exercising. I'm started my training for C25K today. I want to run a 5K in December and I need to get started!! I'm getting so discouraged. When I look in the mirror, all I see are things I want to change. But change needs to start from within if I want to see change on the outside.

okey kokey I just want to say dont get too discouraged, get back on track.....beating yourself up and feeling guilty aint going to do anything but hold you back. You can do this, log everything you eat, in fact log it when you are planning your meals for the day measure everything and then eat what you have logged. Get back into this, get obsessional for a while if needs be and get your @rse moving!!!!! walking, running whatever.... but move, dance wiggle and jiggle. and start imagining what your life is going to be like, those clothes, those moves....... come on it is all there for the taking, LET US DO THIS TOGETHER weigh n measure or whatever tomorrow and then we drop a coupla pounds this next week Okay??????
  • samama22
    Options
    Me ill do it, could do with a buddy to help me along the way!! xx