For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options

Replies

• glocke12
    glocke12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Im not a lady, but the one thing I have noticed is that the closer you stick you your calorie goal, the MORE weight you lose.
  • amandarawr06
    amandarawr06 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and I eat between 1500-1900 usually and lose 1-2lbs a week pretty steadily.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1600-1900 a day, and finally started losing weight (it took me a minute to catch on lol). I work out 6 days a week (HIIT, 3 mile walks, and strength training). Feel free to add me :-)
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    My BMR sucks. It's 1150. I eat about 1500-1600 or a little more when exercising and am losing slowly. I only have about 5 more pounds to lose.
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    I'm similar to weese17.. I'm 5'5" and I eat around 3000 cals for maintenance and about 2500-2700 to loose

Curious to know what sort of lifting and how much, allows a person to eat that much to maintain ?

Me too!
  • lauraleighsm
    Options
    Well, I'm 5'8" and in maintenance mode (just working on building muscle and reducing fat), work out 6 days a week (mostly HIIT and heavy weight lifting), and I also breastfeed a toddler. For me, maintenance is about 3300 a day. ;) I achieved rapid weight loss (30 pounds in 8 weeks) at 2600-2700 cals a day.

Yay for people who eat a lot! :)

omg breastfeeding is the best way to loose weight. I lost 30 pounds in one month when I had my bby and breastfed. I went back to work and pumped but didnt produced alot of milk so it dried :(

Breastfeeding rocks! Great for the babes, but I was shocked by how much I lost when breastfeeding. I ate like like a little piggo and the pounds fell off. And then I stopped breastfeeding and kept eating like a little piggo....
  • DanaHerro
    DanaHerro Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've been eating between 1600-1900 since Feb and I'm down 50 :)
    It works.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    My BMR sucks. It's 1150. I eat about 1500-1600 or a little more when exercising and am losing slowly. I only have about 5 more pounds to lose.

Mine too. I think mine is around 1050. Need testing to confirm, but based on how much I eat and my real world results, when I do the math backwards thats about what I come up with!

If I eat over 1600 regularly, I gain!!

(Currently 124 lbs and 5 ft 3 inches)
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Question:

Here's my stats to help:

I"m 36
    Weight 150
    Height 5'3''

I've stalled in my weight loss. Here's what I do for exercise on a typical week as long as I make it to the gym all 6 days.

Monday: Run I'm typically doing at least 5 miles. Depending on hot how it was when I ran, if I feel good I'll do some rowing (2,100 meters) then do abs and be done.

Tuesday: I lift, I like to throw in some cardio, maybe 15-20 mins on the elliptical prior to lifting.

Wednesday: repeat of Monday

Thursday: repeat of Tuesday

Friday: Repeat of Monday

Saturday: Repeat of Tuesday

I alternate upper and lower body when I lift. I do alter my runs, I can run almost 7 miles non stop (outside only) some days, and I"m thinking about training for a half marathon in my area for St Patty's Day.

I consider myself pretty strong but really need to cut my BF down. According to my Dr's orders (Yes I've spoken to them about weight loss), they want me down 20 more pounds (I really feel that my BF just need to go down, I'll still be heavier then they believe I should be. The lowest I've ever been was 128-132 lbs before I had my son and I was in fantastic shape and was a size 4. Some of my stuff was a 2 very few were size 6's. I was tiny and people were shocked when I told them how much I weight. Just does to show that the scale is just a number.

Anyways. My diary is open, be nice. :heart:

I know I should eat more and clean up some of the "junk" that is in there. But, I don't want to just add any old calories to fill the gap.

What's a girl to do? Thanks!! :wink:
  • gale1089
    Options
    Nice to read about some success! This eating more thing really has me freaked out, but I'm sticking to it.
    I'm on week 3 of eating between 1500-1700... I'm 23, 5'7" and i don't know my weight right now because I'm too scared to check:ohwell: I was around 137 2 weeks ago though... exercise 4-6x a week. Mostly strength training and a little HIIT cardio.
  • kirk1115
    kirk1115 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I very reluctantly put my cals up to my TDEE (2500!) a couple of days ago, and have been worried about it. not anymore! Thank you very much for this post!
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sedentary due to car accident. I am friends with Dan, who created "In Place of Road Map" and he suggested I actually increase my calorie intake from 1600 (which is just above my BMR) to 1700 for a week to see if it helps. I'll see if it helps. I have struggled between 177-180 for a while now. He seems to know what he's talking about so I will give it a shot!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I typically eat between 1800-2000 calories and consistently lose fat. When I am not exercising, I cut calories back to 1500-1600 since my TDEE for those days goes down to about what I eat normally on exercise days.

I use to eat around 1500-1600 AND exercised all the time and couldn't figure out why I stalled. My deficit was hyooge, lol.
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    Options
    Bump
  • LovinDaNewLiz002
    LovinDaNewLiz002 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat between 1800-2100 and loosing
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    bump
  • princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Eating 2000 to 2700.. and doing strong lifts 3x a week. Freaking love it.. changing my body, not worried about the scale... :)
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I'm similar to weese17.. I'm 5'5" and I eat around 3000 cals for maintenance and about 2500-2700 to loose

Curious to know what sort of lifting and how much, allows a person to eat that much to maintain ?

Me too!

Personally I don't follow a lifting program. I have a very physically demanding job and I have an active lifestyle outside of work also. Hiking is one of my favorite hobbies. I maintain at 3000 calories.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Please forgive me if this has been stated and I just bypassed it. So when you say you eat 1800-2000 cals a day as an example, does that mean net or you just dont factor in your exercise and eat back those cals. I have been doing about 1400-1500 cals a day but I eat back some of my exercise cals. I usually net between 1300-1600 a day. I am 33, 5'1 and need to lose another 50 or so pounds. I know that I need to up my water intake, that is for sure. I also have hypothyroidism. I just set my cals at 1800 to see if that helps some. If not, I will lower it and just play around with the numbers. The exercise is what confuses me. I exercise about every day in some fashion. I walk, bike, swim, zumba and lift small amounts of weight. Thanks!!!! :)