What was your "last straw"???

Options

Replies

• ruthlmiller
    ruthlmiller Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work in a call center and am sedentary during the day. I have a 12 year old and a three year old to keep up with. Back in May I was offered a chance to fly to the east coast for some training. I knew flying wasn't going to be fun...but I could barely buckle the belt! I couldn't bring myself to ask if the stewardess had an extension. Then on the last leg of the flight home out of Chicago, I had a window seat. That wouldn't recline.
    I was so physically uncomfortable from sitting worse than bolt upright. A day and a half later my feet started swelling and getting puffy. My husband used to be an EMT, so he was keeping a really close eye on me. I spent the afternoon laying with my feet up. Way up! And the swelling stopped and went down. I know it was because of my weight and the flight. I have hated shopping for clothes for years and yet my job requires I dress professionally so I need to replace things as they become slightly worn, not just wear jeans and a t-shirt until they look like my worn favorites!

I had to stop and realize I need to be here in 30 years for my kids, and enough is enough.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    In march I couldn't fit into any of the clothes i bought only months earlier. A medium was starting to get a little tight, and refused to go up 2 sizes in just 6 months.
  • PJ64
    PJ64 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I work with the military. I saw a young guy who lost his leg to a IED fight to get out of bed in less than a month and start running. The whole unit went out to watch him attempt his first run,he made it a 1/2 mile, people were in tears. I knew then every excuse I had was BS! I started that moment.

Thank you Staff Sergeant Kevin Shulz
  • lavergne1
    lavergne1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My clothes were getting too tight.
  • Erikaksr
    Options
    I hope that you got the part!
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My last straw was when I had to ask for a seat belt extender on an airplane. Oh, and when my size 28w jeans were tight and I was considering just buying a size up. I knew things had to change!

You know what it says in the small type on those seat belt extenders? It has some FAA nomenclature like "Field Approval TSO"; ie FATSO! True story.

Good for you for making a change.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I saw a number on the scale I never thought I'd see and it scared the crap out of me.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A few years ago my mother in law got one of those scales that measure your weight AND bodyfat. While the number it came up with for bodyfat was way exaggerated there was a kernel of truth there. Plus then a year and a half ago I saw some pictures of me from the back working on a mountain bike - I'm losing my hair! Well there's not much I can do about the hair but at least I can be a really fit bald guy.
  • 1susan2
    Options
    Someone asked me if I was wearing a maternity top!
  • iamsc
    iamsc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is very vain, but I went to a club with somebody who was 20 years older than me, she got hit on and I didn't. I've been good with logging ever since and have lost 20 pounds from my heaviest weight. I will say I started trying to do this for the last 2 years or so and that did it!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    A huge woman at Costco asked when I was due. That Biotch
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Seeing the scale go up and up and up:noway: !!!!And my clothes were all getting to tight. And my body was hurting more and my Lyme desease was super bad:cry: !
  • teresasstruggle1
    Options
    Congratulations! I hope I am as fortunte. Your loss and dedication is inspiring.

Teresasstruggle1
  • teresasstruggle1
    Options
    I have heard several women tell me the were asked the very same questions...it must hurt.
  • A combination of things.

Belly sticking out as much as my Triple D Boobs.

Not being able to go hiking with my boyfriends family who flew from Copenhagen, Denmark just to visit us.

Not going to our beach house because I cant wear summer clothes and feel comfortable.

Pain everywhere and I am only 22

Not being able to keep up with my toddler.

And most recently trouble walking up stairs without getting winded.
  • mariahk35
    Options
    Honestly it was my husband he started losing weight probably a year before me and I saw not only how good he was looking but he was happier and seemed to have more energy to go do things and I thought I want that too!
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Feeling so desperately tired all the time, sleep apnea, osteoarthritis in knee, high blood pressure, uncomfortable in my own body physically and mentally. Ugh, I never want to go back there. :cry:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1075986-55-years-old-1-year-126-pounds-lost
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    Many things, one being the fact I couldn't read a book to my son without being out of breath.
  • brandynot
    Options
    You would think that it would have been the 2 or 3 people asking if I was pregnant or wondering when I was due. But noooooo that didn't do the trick apparently as I kept on doing the same ol same.

This spring I took pictures with my son during his jr prom back in April. When I saw the pics I barely recognized myself in the picture. So unhappy and sad in the eyes...happy at the event but sad through and through inside. I couldn't fit the majority of my clothes, and I was tired of talking about it.

So I made a deal with myself and committed to 60 days of Insanity. Asked my cousin to borrow her series of DVDs. Decided on a date to start. And pushed play. It was the hardest thing to start...but it has been the best thing I have ever done for myself.

I am now half way thru my second round. 19.5 pounds down so far, and the rest is history. My son tells me everyday I finish a workout how very proud of me he is. That feeling is priceless...and I am never turning back! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Jennessaphilip
    Options
    A woman at the store asked how many months pregnant I was... I wasn't pregnant
This discussion has been closed.