Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kaye - that's why I've been here three years :laugh: I NEVER graduate ! I failed the first two Christmases before I learned self control.... sigh. I finally have it. :love: Its the most wonderful feeling ever. I'm easing back into baking only for others now. Without sampling the goodies, and that's hard enough! I'm so impressed with your skills and your managing your calories throughout your day - your are a champ. When you get down to your desired weight, maintenance will be a breeze!

Didn't do "Squats" today - but went for a .70 walk instead. It got me winded, but the weather is great now, the heat broke. Going to start walking for cardio.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Time got away from me yesterday so never made it to the thread. It was nice to wake up to the sounds of rain drops this morning - it didn't last long but was a good excuse to laze around in bed and play with Zoe for a while.

@Tom~That looks like a great workout! Glad the weights arrived, definitely a good idea to start out slow.

@Tammy~Sounds like you had a fun day planned yesterday!

@Robin~I know that prednisone is a pain, I hope you get it leveled off soon and can get back to your upper body workouts - for now good to just stick with what feels good.

@Laurie~Sounds like a great bike ride!

@Tayln~Welcome!

@Charlotte~Your future travel plans sound like a great goal to keep you motivated, sounds like lots of fun too! I find this so much easier when I have something to look forward to - right now mine is wearing a swim suit for a Panama Canal cruise in March!

@Nicole~Have classes resumed for you yet?

@Kaye~I do love "onward and downward." Needs to be our new mantra! :wink:

AFM~I had a long talk with my trainer yesterday regarding my pattern of weight loss and what my goal weight is, we've decided I have these lulls because that's when I'm gaining muscle. So I did some research and bought a new scale on Amazon yesterday that measures weight, body fat, etc. We thought it might be better to focus on body fat rather than weight. This scale had really high user reviews and was nearly 50% off, so hopefully it lives up to the reviews. Having extra session with my trainer again today since I'm off of work, we'll resume our regular schedule next week - if the weather cooperates we may go running (although its still hot).

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~Training
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Elliptical
    Saturday~Running Drills

Have a great Labor Day!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley--I got a scale that measures BF% last winter, and though I occasionally check it, I tend to just use it for weight. I feel like the BF% just goes up and down based on my weight anyways (like it's just calculating a formula), but I've never actually tracked the readings. I might start doing so to see if there's any change in BF% not connected to the weight reading. A panama canal cruise sounds amazing!!

@robin--I ran outside yesterday, but it was still pretty warm and humid. Our heat broke today too--looking forward to some nicer walking/running weather this week. Speaking of "graduates," is coryida still around? She used to pop in occasionally to say "hello" and offer encouragement. Not that it's her job to do so or anything, I was just wondering if she's still on MFP and maintaining her healthy weight.

@BJ--:laugh: I hope you aren't disappointed. My "teacher" posts tend to be rants about the administration, school board, etc. I DO try to balance them with positive words about my students and colleagues, but sometimes I trend toward the negative. I'm a pretty good teacher, but I don't have the focus it takes to be "amazing"--I've known a few truly amazing teachers over the years and they inspire me. However, I'm not willing to give up my entire life for my job, and with the class sizes and curricular requirements nowadays that's what it would take to be the "best." I love my job and my students, and I do the best I can reasonably do to help them learn while maintaining my sanity. :laugh:

@nicole--I love your story about your job. I once quit my job without another in the works--it was when I moved from working in the private sector to public education. However, my quitting wasn't quite as brave b/c I didn't have a child to support and I had my husband to carry the weight until I found a new job. It was still rather scary especially when I was hired 6 weeks later to a position that paid about 50% of my previous salary. :noway: It's still one of the best moves I've ever made--I only wish I had done it sooner.

@charlotte--I love the goals you've set up! I also have a vacation goal for next summer, so we can motivate each other!

Grading Goals:
    1. 60/73 Summer reading quizzes
    2. 2/73 Columber essays

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run outside DONE
    Mon--walk gunner + gym
    Tues--walk gunner or maybe run outside w/him
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Happy Labor Day Everyone!
    Its a beautiful day here in Omaha - I'm up early and feeling good. I'm about to head into the spare bedroom to do my squats and then shower. Have laundry going as well.
    Today I'm joining another Meet-Up Group of 9 people to go see the movie THE BUTLER and then out for a bite to eat and discuss the movie. Should be a fun time. There are so many Meet-Up group activities being E-mailed to me now I am constantly turning them down - I could dance, party, hike or bike every night of the week if I wanted to. Its quite an organization!
    At my age, I'm looking forward to this movie and seeing the parade of past presidents and the wealth of history it will over-view. The group of people I'm going with are all Baby-boomers so we have our age and background in common too.

Laurie - I'm not hiking with the hiking group - their distances are too far for me yet. I will have to work out and work up to meet their qualifications.

Hope you all enjoy this day too!
  • kah68
    Options
    @Karen~I remember when you purchased that scale, I couldn't remember the brand name though. I did some research and the one I ordered has really good reviews - nearly half-off was a bonus too! :wink: I'm hoping monitoring my body fat % will keep me from getting discouraged when the scale won't budge.

@Robin~Enjoy the movie!

Well, I managed to slice the tip of my thumb chopping lettuce this morning. It bled forever! Now I'm all bandaged up and on my way to the gym, this workout should be interesting...
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @kelley--yeah, mine is an Escali and I got it through groupon for a really good price. I'm also going to start logging my weight and BF% regularly to see if my BF% goes down even if the weight stays the same. We will have to compare notes. Sorry about your thumb! That sounds painful! :sad:

@robin--glad you woke up feeling so great--maybe a sign the meds are stablizing? Enjoy the movie--I've heard it's wonderful!

Monday check-in:
    I was originally planning to go to the gym today. However, I ran outside yesterday (which wasn't in the plan) and I have so much grading, I decided to skip it. I will add the gym to tomorrow's schedule instead and move Wednesday's gym visit to Thursday. Fortunately, I don't have any meetings this week, so I'm pretty flexible as far as which days I go to the gym.

I need to update my Virtual TransAmerica miles--haven't done that in a week or so--will do that later tonight.

I talked to my friend from Switzerland today. He and his partner will be flying in next Saturday. I will see them on Sunday, then the following Saturday (9/14) is their committment ceremony. I'm really excited as it should be quite a party. Also, DH and I are kind of turning it into a min-vacation. We are boarding gunner with the vet and staying downtown for the night. We will head to the city early on Saturday with my travel buddy from the Swiss trip and her fiance. The four of us will check in at the hotel and then go to lunch at Frontera Grill. It's one of Rick Bayless's restaurants that DH and I have always wanted to try. My husband is a big fan and has all of his cookbooks, so he's excited. Saturday night is the wedding at which I will get to see a lot of old friends from HS years. Then Sunday morning we will have brunch at the hotel before heading home.

Finished the quizzes--now onto the essays! Will check back with you all later.

Grading Goals:
    1. 73/73 Summer reading quizzes DONE!
    2. 2/73 Columber essays

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    BJ--The bike riding will improve faster than you realize, the more you do it the easier it gets. Just add a little distance each time you go out and your body will adjust.

Charlotte- The idea of the trips to stay motivated is a great idea. I think that is why I am leaning towards a trip to Vermont next summer where I would bike around it.

Kelley and Karen- I should also start tracking body fat and body mass to see how that changes. I also have a scale that tracks that information along with %water.

Kelley- I hope the finger heals quickly those types of cuts are very annoying and painful.

Karen- Good luck getting the grading done. Your trip to the city sounds wonderful.

Robin- The movie group sounds wonderful. Check with the theaters to see if they have a discount card that earns you points towards a free ticket or snacks. Some theaters even have a discounted day for the movies with the card. The meet up groups can get overwhelming if you join to many of them but it is fun to have people to do things with at times.

Well, I did not get a bike ride in today. The weather was iffy this morning sidewalks were wet and there was a chance of rain and my friend wanted to sleep in this morning. So she opted not to go. At least, I went to the grocery store and then did some shopping this afternoon. Consequently, I guess I will be well rested for the workout with my trainer tomorrow even if that means doing a long run (2.75 miles). The heat and humidity is suppose to break here tonight so hopefully the rest of the week will be cooler.
  • kah68
    Options
    The cut on my thumb is bleeding again, I feel like its sealing though - still, took a pic with my phone and sent it to my BFF that's an RN, hoping it doesn't need stitches. Oy! I really did a job on it, that knife is super sharp!

@Karen~Hope you are making headway on your grading.

@Laurie~Sorry you didn't get your bike ride in today and the weather was iffy, made for a good day to rest up though.

Met up with trainer, we went on a 5-mile walk/run and did some agility/running drills. Had a great calorie burn, but it was so so hot & humid out. Glad I can be lazy the rest of the day, because I am spent! :laugh:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Finished one class of AP essays--only two to go!

Grading Goals:
    2. 23/73 Columber essays

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Finished my 2nd class of essays. Now I only have 23 left. I also got in a 2nd walk with gunner--the heat broke and it's actually almost chilly out tonight.

Grading Goals:
    2. 50/73 Columber essays

Exercise Goals:
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--walk gunner
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Just updated my TransAmerica walk--I'm at 765 miles running/cycling/walking gunner. Currently in Madison County, KY.

Now I'm going to work on some more of those essays. Also realized I need to go in a little bit early tomorrow to get some things together for my first 2 classes.

I will probably check back once more before bed. :smile:
  • cdw408
    cdw408 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello join the get fit chicks for women trying to lose over 100lbs .
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Had a good day. Got in my walk this evening. When we went out, it looked like it might rain. We felt a few drops, but decided to ignore them. I'm glad we did. That's all we had, and the sunset was really gorgeous! I enjoyed the day without the kids, but will be happy to see them tomorrow. Funny thing. I'm kind of attached to them.
    I hope that all of you had a good day and were able to do some things that you enjoyed.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • tjstar72
    Options
    Ok I will start here. I am very new to this and have never tried to log or journal for weight loss before. Any and all help is welcome. I would like friends or members but unsure how to do that as well.

I plan to start early Sept 3 with 30 min of cardio and upper body weights. Hoping to keep the food in check but meeting a high school buddy for lunch and unsure about dinner.

TJ
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Well, I survived the w/e working and was able to stick to my diet plan. I slept for a few hours this morning but have been really dozy all day. I'm keeping my diet balanced today just struggling to get enough calories in. Just don't feel like eating that much but I know if I don't eat properly, I'll snack and that's not going to happen. I am determined to do this right this time around. Which brings me to a concern. I'm meeting a friend for lunch tomorrow. She retired at the beginning of August when I was away and we haven't been able to get together since. I invited her out to lunch at a Chinese restraint before I started this diet and now don't know what to eat at the restraint. Its an all you can eat buffett place and I don't want to overdue. Not sure about how to count the calories either. Any suggestions out there?? Charlotte
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @charlotte--there are a lot of entries in the food database for general chinese dishes, so just try to keep track and log it as best you can. As far as choices, I would go easy on the fried items like egg rolls and wontons. Also, better to choose something like shrimp or chicken in garlic sauce or with broccoli or peapods than to eat the fried sweet and sour or general tso chicken. Go for dishes that look like they have lots of veggies and lighter or less sugary sauces. Finally, go easy on the rice and if there is brown rice choose that over white, but obviously white is better than fried.

Finished the essays!! :bigsmile:

Goodnight all. :flowerforyou:
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hey all! It has been an exhausting weekend... 2 client visits (pro bono), BBQ with my son to meet his girlfriend's family, spent time at my parent's and have tried to get better prepared for our company coming all the way from West Virginia tomorrow!!! Instead of using today for that, a bunch of my family (about 35 people) decided that my house was the place to gather!!! I love it but I am a bit behind in company prep! Oh and I cooked dinner for a friend while her mother is in the hospital with kidney failure!!! I will be doing a LOT of yummy cooking this week..... our friends think I am like the BEST cook ever and I LOVE to cook so it will be a lot of fun... I just have to be SUPER careful with portion control and sneak in skinny substitutes when I can!!! The cobblers and lasagne that I have become famous for will have to be a portion control issue for the most part.... cobbler is just not the same w/o the real butter!!! So, I will check in and log it all .... good bad and ugly!!!
  • sirtxt
    Options
    Early Morning All,

I cant sleep - ugh!!!!

I have a trip planned this next weekend with my Dad and sister. We are going to Albuquerque to visit the place where we scattered my mom's ashes. This will be my first trip since I have started my program with MFP. I am concerned about being able to eat sensibly without completely falling off the wagon. My Dad and sister will just want to eat 3 times a day - some of it fast food. I have been eating 5 times a day.

I know I am worrying about the future but part of managing your program is being prepared. I know I can go walking at night at the hotel - I will probably look like I am loitering in the parking lot - LOL. The hotels we are staying at do not have gyms - ugh. Should I carry some type of high protein bars? I would appreciate any suggestions.

PS
    I spent most of Monday, shampooing carpet at the house - I know why people pay to have that done - good God that was a workout. But, I welcomed it as I was burning calories!!!

Thanks,

John
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

I got my workout done last night and I’m kind of sore. I’ll see how it goes tonight. Tonight is just cardio but Wednesday is Cardio, strength, flexibility just like last night. Thursday is a rest day, Friday is cardio and strength, Saturday is cardio and flexibility.

Quote of the day:- “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” ~Mark Victor Hansen

Tom