Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Charlotte~Karen had some good advice regarding the Chinese buffet. One of the things I try to follow too when I go to any buffet, is to just pick 2-3 things that I really enjoy and have those. Definitely try and skip the fried foods (or noodles dishes) and you should be able to make some decent choices. Drink tons of water, since Chinese food contains so much sodium.

@John~Whenever I travel with my parents and we stay in hotels, my dad always walks the parking lot – I’m sure others do too so you won’t be alone in that thinking. :wink: Do you have any resistance bands? If so, they pack well and you could use those in your hotel room. As for food, just make the best decisions you can. Anywhere you go to eat, pick the grilled chicken or a salad with grilled chicken – Chick-fil-a and Wendy’s have some excellent salad choices. I like Chick-fil-a for grilled chicken sandwiches and I like that I can choose fruit or a side salad over fries to go with it. Definitely take snacks – 100 calorie packs of almonds and protein bars (I like the kind by Think Thin – you can find these at Kroger). Most of all, enjoy the weekend with your dad and sister.

@Tom~Excellent job with the new workout, sore is good!

@Karen~Hooray for finishing the grading this weekend!

ETA: Well, I tried to do my hair like my hair stylist did – sort of worked out, I’m a thumb short right now so did okay. :wink: I think I need to get up about 10-minutes earlier so I’m not rushing around like I was this morning.

Tuesday Goals~Just to keep on keeping on. Trainer wore me out yesterday, so glad today is a rest day.

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE!
    Monday~Training (Running Drills with trainer, really) DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Training
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Elliptical
    Saturday~Walk/running drills

Have a great day!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah - I hope your thumb heals quickly - poor baby! Oh, doing your hair with one hand must be tough!

Skinny - your friends commitment ceremony and the party sounds like a great time with you planning to spend the weekend in the city and with your Swiss friends too boot, it should be swell.
    Congrats for walking into KY.

Laurie - I like the idea of the Vermont trip for you better than the one across the country and the Rockies - I hope you find people to do it with - would a Meet UP group do?
    Thanks for the tip on the movie card - I'll check next time!

cdw408 - welcome to our group - you've found a great group of people. Come back often!

Kaye - glad you got your walk in and enjoyed the sunset!

tjstar72 - welcome to our group - you'll make plenty of friends here! One bit of advice I like to give is to use the logging your foods feature - learn to do this every day even when you go over your food for the day - its very important to learn to log your foods and gain a very good idea of what your actually eating!

Charlotte - I think Skinny' and Kah's advice on the Chinese buffet was right on! And I'd allow myself a fortune cookie !

Marca - your cooking sounds fabulous - I'm headed over there right now - :wink: for a piece of cobbler! Portion control MUST be a real serious matter for you - I salute you for your will power!

sirtxt - John - definitely yes, take a whole lot of protein bars with you so you can get your meal snacks in at their appropriate times. You don't want to have hunger pangs and stop and buy some crummy snack along the way. I like to eat Fiber One 140 calorie snack bars - I don't go for the athletic composition bars yet in my diet.
    And WOOT for your carpet cleaning exercise! :drinker:

Morgori - Tom - Hope you're not too sore from your work-out . This next one will tell you what's what. That's a good quote for all of us - very fitting!

Yesterday I had a great time out at the Meet-Up and seeing the movie THE BUTLER. It was very good, and we had a bit to eat afterwards and generally discussed the movie afterwards. There were 8 of us so it was a nice sized group. I got by ordering a flat-bread spinach bruschetta appetizer for my meal for 320 calories - SCORE! Although I did cast envious glances at the hamburger and fries across the table from me :tongue:
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being MIA pretty much this whole year. Don't know whats gotten into me. ((((("
    BUT!!!!
    "))))) I AM STARTING FRESH TODAY. It's been almost a year since my 5k and I have gained all of my weight back. I weighed this past Friday and I now weigh Rr :explode: . I know that I can do this because I did it before. I know its going to take a long time to get the weight off but I will get it done!!! I'm taking the "ease your way into it" route again. Taking baby steps. Today its going to be a few glasses of water with a few minutes of walking on the track at my sons football practice and who knows what else tomorrow. Considering doing a video that my wife bought herself last year or getting back into the biggest loser wiii game. This will happen. Wish me luck.

Here's to not being MIA for at least the next year!!!:drinker:
    Doug
  • Helenavee42
    Options
    My weekend was long but not quite long enough. I went out friday night to shoot pool and have a couple of drinks with my ex. We had a great time. I will admit that I drank too much. I miss being with him a lot. He told me he still loves me but isnt ready to jump back into anything right now. It surprised me that he brought it up because I wasn't planning on talking about it as I am trying to give him some space. He's the one who asked me to hang out. I guess he is making some progress. I know there is no guarantee of getting back together but it's nice to know there is still a chance. Sorry I just needed to get that out.

I didn't do too much this weekend as I was completely exhausted. I did spend a lot of time cuddling with Deputy. He was so excited to see my ex this weekend. The first time in 2 months (I've told him numerous times he needs to come and see Deputy so I was very happy that he finally did). He seemed kind of sad the rest of the weekend after he left. The good news is I think Deputy is finally learning he can't play rough in the house with my moms dog so that means he is able to stay out of my room longer with everyone while I'm at work.

Tuesday goal: Take Deputy for a walk. I think I need to push past my exhaustion and try to do something.

Have a good day.
    Helena
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Congratulations to DIANA NYAD who's mantra was "FIND A WAY" 64 and she kicked major *kitten*! :bigsmile:

Welcome back Doug - yes you can do it again - and you can keep the weight off this time! I know you can!

Helena - sounds like you had a short and fast weekend. Glad you are coming to an understanding with the ex-boyfriend. Sometimes that is difficult to do, but it sounds like you're handling it. Glad your spending time with Deputy too - seems he is growing into a big dog now!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    Oooh, oooh, oooh, check out this thread! Really cool video of a woman morphing from big to thin!!! WOW !!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089827-this-is-what-88lbs-looks-like
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Oooh, oooh, oooh, check out this thread! Really cool video of a woman morphing from big to thin!!! WOW !!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1089827-this-is-what-88lbs-looks-like

This is so cool!! We need a couple of our folks to do this as well. What a transformation!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Goals: Just keep doing what I'm doing. Worked with the trainer last night. Whew. . . I'm a little tired this morning. After being in San Diego all weekend, I was really pooped but still kept the appointment.

Cyrus and I had a blast this weekend. San Diego is so fun and there's so much to do. Saturday we spent over 9 hours at the Zoo. My FitBit logged well over 13,000 steps, 14 stairs and 6 miles. Sunday we met some friends for lunch at McP's, which was an Irish pub. Needless to say, I gave in to the fish & chips so not the best choice, but it was good! We then walked around Coronado Island and the boardwalk. We visited the Hotel del Coronado, which was established in 1885. What a hotel and so rich in history. Sunday evening we hit Old Town and did more walking. I almost thought we had crossed over into Tijuana. Very interesting place. Monday we took a 2-hour harbor trip and saw the ship yards and all the navy ships - very cool!! We then flew back to Vegas yesterday afternoon. We had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back again!!

@ John - Traveling does take some work. To be honest, I try to just maintain. While you can walk or try to pick healthy meals, you're also there for a reason. Time with your family and to remember your mother, which is so more important. I'll be gone all next week on business. My hotel does have a gym so I plan to use the elliptical, treadmill, etc. . . but like Kelly said the hotel room works just fine. Bring resistance bands or just to jumping jacks, wall push ups, sit ups, or anything to get you moving. I love the almonds, protein bars, etc. . . every restaurant offers something for folks watching their calories. Fish, lean meats, etc. . no cream sauces. While McDonald's is not my favorite, the new premium wraps are not too bad and get them with grilled chicken. I'll get the sweet spicy chili and it's around 350 or so. You can do it!!

@ Robin - I'm so glad you've found a new group. It's sounds like you'll be doing a lot of fun things with them. The board game night sounded very fun. Also, nice choice out too. While that burger may have looked good, just imagine the calorie count??!!! Excellent choice in the app!

@ Doug - Its good to see you again. I was in a funk this year too, but started back a month ago. While I was still checking in with the group, I was just hanging on by a thread. I gained a chunk back too, but logged it and started right back. I know you'll be working out just like before in no time.
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I DID IT!!!! I just ran a whole 20 min straight!!!! I was a bit short of my 12 min. mile goal but I still have over a week to get that down!!! I am just SO happy to have made the whole 20 min. on the first try!!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Sounds like you all had a fairly good weekend. Mine was pretty good. I didnt eat perfect but it wasnt to god awful and I made it to the gym Sunday and Monday. I seemed to get derailed on the exercise front the last couple of weeks so I am trying to recommit to it. I am off to run a quick errand and then the gym when I get off of here. So on that note have a great day everyone.:flowerforyou: :heart: :heart:
  • jcx13
    jcx13 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I desperately need to lose over 100 pounds. I'd love to be part of this group. Thanks!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    jicole75 - welcome to this group! you've just joined by posting! Now just keep coming back as often as you want - as many times a day as you feel you need! This is a warm, supportive group and we'll help you along any way we can. Best piece of advice I can give anyone is to pay attention to logging your food - every bite you eat - even if you go over your allotted calories per day, just keep logging!
  • TOPSmarca
    TOPSmarca Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    jicole75 - welcome to this group! you've just joined by posting! Now just keep coming back as often as you want - as many times a day as you feel you need! This is a warm, supportive group and we'll help you along any way we can. Best piece of advice I can give anyone is to pay attention to logging your food - every bite you eat - even if you go over your allotted calories per day, just keep logging!
    What she said... EXACTLY!!! Welcome to a new healthy life!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    I'm going to get the thread ready for roll-over. We only need 3 more posts.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom in the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options

Newbies, Welcome to our Thread!

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

The SEPTEMBER Challenges:
    1. Try to lose 4 lbs
    2. Try to incorporate an exercise routine 3 times a week.
    3. Share an NSV (non-scale victory) once a week on the thread.