Fit For Future Families 2

Options

Replies

• Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I didn't end up doing my turbo jam, I can't find it, lol. That's how long it has been since I've done it! But on a whim I decided to sign up at Curves, so my first workout is tonight at 6.
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I really want to start going to the Gym Gym....but the one in town is so expensive....and the one on base is so far...so i'd be paying a ton in gas for a free gym or paying monthly for a gym that is closer AND has childcare...hmm...what to do what to do.....
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    So we cut our trip short and came back last night. AC isn't really much fun if you're not a drinker or a gambler, and there's only so much you can do on the boardwalk when it's pouring rain. (Plus my father-in-law snores like a freight train, so we got zero sleep).:ohwell: DH finally said we couldn't do another sleepless night so we left. I feel bad, but neither of us are good people to be around on no sleep so it was probably best. My in-laws will be there until Saturday so I have some time to get my house back in order and really step up the exercise before they come back. I don't feel comfortable working out in the living room when they're here. I was doing a lot of running last week before we left but I feel like I get a better workout with my DVD's.

I weighed in this morning and was the same as last week. I was sure I'd gain because we ate out every day in AC but I guess all the walking helped to even it out. This week I want to drink 10 - 12 glasses of water and do something active every day. I'm determined that the scale will have a lower number next Monday. I'm come so far that I've been letting myself slip back into old habits with food lately. I tell myself, "I've lost over 40 pounds one piece of chocolate won't kill me" but that one piece leads to another and another.....I need to knock it off!

DH and I tried to get a jog in between all the storms we're having. Of course as soon as we got about 1/2 way it starts to POUR. It's much harder to jog when you're soaking wet. :laugh: I thought I was going to die, but we made it.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Someone should start a TTC thread only then. Someone suggested this thread to me because i was needing support with TTC i felt like there are SO many other threads on here for weight loss support. So thats why i came here. I kind of think that it is silly that some people got offended and emailed you. But good on you for trying to make it a place where everyone feels welcomed. A friend and i started a message board a few years ago (still going stong) and ive come to the realization that you just cant please everyone, and there will always be people who get offended somehow...

that said (hope i didnt ruffle any feathers)

AF flow is here and so i am not weighing this week. My fingers are totally swollen and im way bloated. I am however still trying to conquer the no soda deal. thats hard, and seems impossible without some of the medication i have taken in the past that made soda taste so bad i couldnt drink. But with ttc i cut back on alot of my meds...
  • jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Someone should start a TTC thread only then. Someone suggested this thread to me because i was needing support with TTC i felt like there are SO many other threads on here for weight loss support. So thats why i came here. I kind of think that it is silly that some people got offended and emailed you. But good on you for trying to make it a place where everyone feels welcomed. A friend and i started a message board a few years ago (still going stong) and ive come to the realization that you just cant please everyone, and there will always be people who get offended somehow...

Have you ever been on www.thebump.com ? There is all kinds of info there, and it really focuses on TTC without the main focus being on weight loss. I find it a really good place to chat. That said, anyone here can start a thread! It's a great way to reach out to people! I can understand people wanting to take part in a Weight Loss for TTC group - it's what this My Fitness Pal is for afterall :)
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Personally (this is only my opinion)I think this is a very diverse group and that's what i like about it. There are a handful of us that are not quite ready to start TTC just yet (woohoo only 13 more weeks!), there are a handful of folks that have been actively TTC for years and are experts in all kinds of different fertility options out there to help with that and there are a handful who just started TTC and are just waiting on the BFP. It's nice bc it gives perspective from everyside of the TTC angle as well as we all share the common goal of trying to be "Fit for our future families". So general encouragement to maintain a healthy lifestyle is absolutely important bc the habits we form now with eating healthy, losing weight and staying actice are the habits that will not only help us to actually GET pregnant but to stay healthy throughout the desired pregnancy.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Not trying to be argumentative but if TTC questions are asked, shouldn't people answer them? I think that's all that was happening. I will leave the thread as I am one of the main offenders. I was trying to respond equally to those comments on weight loss as well. So I wasn't trying to rock the boat, but I have knowledge and want to share it when people need it. I hope your other members come back. Good luck everyone.
  • epa422
    Options
    Double post from phone. Sorry.
  • jalara
    Options
    This is what I was trying to avoid! No one needs to leave!

It' great that questions get answered. It's great that there is a wealth of information to share, and people willing to help others. That's why this group is comfortable and a familiar place to share insecurities and thoughts.

But it is a weight loss group on a weight loss sight, and I want to encourage everyone to keep that in mind, because not everyone can talk science, when all they're trying to do is slim down with like-minded individuals.

This isn't an offence to anyone, just a nudge.
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Ericaroo, I (again, just opinion) don't think you are a main "offender". I agree that your posts are pretty equal between TTC and weight loss, and you've been helpful in answering some of my questions as have a lot of the other ladies. I think it was just that one instance that the Oing topic went on for a really long time and that was the only thing that was being discussed.
    I'll admit i got lost in it and had a hard time finding things to post about bc it appeared that was the only topic that anyone was interested in talking about and that really didn't apply to me since i'm on BC right now and don't O...So I think all that Jalara was trying to do was bring it to everyone's attention that we should remember that not only are we TTC but also trying to live healthy. Maybe in someway trying to help us all stay accountable and not get lost in the TTC stuff and maybe focusing on the healthy living might be a distracting for those waiting on the BFP's?
    I would encourage you and everyother active "post-er" to stick with the group! Everyone here brings something different to the group and has something to share!
  • epa422
    Options
    I'm not offended so please don't think that. I just don't want to be the newbie who make established members leave. I know how frustrating that is. I have a great group of women on another site for ttc support and another great group of ladies here for the healthy lifestyle. So I will be fine and your other members may be more willing to come back if I'm not posting here. I'm not going to be able to restrain myself from ttc topics because that's more important to me than the 6 vanity pounds I want to lose so this is probably not the appropriate place for me afterall. No big deal and no hard feelings on my end.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has TTC as a common goal, but for most it isn’t something we have control over. It’s not about loosing vanity pounds but sustaining a healthy living habits that we can one day pass on to our children.
    I’m with Jalara and AlisaToth, we don’t want to see you leave. Your input has been appreciated, whether it was on weight loss or TTC.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Oops, I was also under the wrong impression about the purpose of the thread. I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my TTC posts! :flowerforyou: I joined a TTC/pregnancy forum (BabyandBump.com) earlier today so I can post my TTC business in a more appropriate place. :embarassed: And I've been part of a wonderful weight loss support thread on MFP for over a year so I'll just stick with them about that stuff. Again, my apologies!
    :smile:
  • AlisaToth
    Options
    Directly quoting the "intro" page: "This group is being started to lend support and motivation to those who are TTC, or plan to TTC."

However, we are on a weight loss/healthy living website so to both Ericaroo & LittleSpy (and anyone else...)i'd hate to see you guys leave too. I believe (please correct me if i'm wrong) that we are supposed to be "lending support and motivation" in living healthier lifestyles and losing weight to acheive the common goal of eventually or currently TTC...so both topics are appropriate here we just don't want one to over shadow one over the other!

I'm eating sugarfree jello....and I'm not sure how i feel about it...i LOVE sugarfree pudding, I can't taste the difference...but the jello is coming across a little tangy?
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    Whoa - have a day full of meetings and miss a whole bunch apparently.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    I don't want to see anyone leave!! I'm not actively TTC yet, so I don't have much to contribute to certian topics but everyone here is such a wealth of knowledge that I hate to see anyone go.

I'm currently watching DH eat a toaster strudel and all I want to do is pull it out of his hands. But I will be happy with my frozen mango fruit bar. He's UNDERweight for his height so he can eat whatever he wants. He came down stairs this morning to tell me he lost another 2 pounds.....how I have no idea, all he does is eat. His current weight is about 20 pounds less than my goal weight. I told him he needed to walk away from me before he got hurt. :laugh: :laugh:

I was very proud of myself that I was able to make pizza for dinner, eat 1/2 the pie and still be under my calories for the day. DH loved it, and had no idea that didn't use the full fat cheese. I actually have to eat something else before I go to bed so that I can hit 1200 calories. This is very, very rare for me!!

Alisa - I don't have a problem with sugar free jello, but it has to be the pre-made kind in the portioned out cups. If I make it at home.....yuck!!!! :sick:
  • paldal
    paldal Posts: 154
    Options
    NOBODY MOVE!!!! :smokin: (probably not very appropriate for this site) :flowerforyou:

Jalara's intention wasn't to kick anyone out, or to stop any particular conversation.
    I think it's great when you guys talk about your experiences with Oing, Temping, etc. However, we should all still be reminded that we need to maintain a healthy lifesyle. Heck, we can be stuffing our faces with ice cream and still trying to TTC "healthy" right?
    I know for me, I've had a hard time "fitting in" because like Alisa I'm not actively TTC and I didn't feel like I could contribute to the group unless I was, so I became the silent observer to see if anyone has become successful in their efforts.

I believe everyone should stick around and should try to help each other in any way possible, but please know that we all have the same goal......we need to be healthy TTC'ers.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Curves was fun! I had my first session tonight with the trainer. Just 1 time around and I was SO tired! Definitely a good choice for someone as out of shape as me.
  • ivygirl11
    ivygirl11 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I think that it is important to remember that just because your arent "actively TTC" right now, that doesnt mean that when you are you wont have a hard time getting pregnant. I think that it is so important to be aware of the possibilities. So the way i see it is all the education i can get will only benefit me wether it be about weight loss or TTC. I think if you have something to post about weight loss then post it and if no one responds then better luck next time. If you have something to post about TTC then you should post and if no on replies well then things happen.
  • jalara
    Options
    I've heard that Curves is a really great place - circuit training is really great for conditioning.

Tonight I'm going back to Zumba! I did it all last winter, and then stopped. I'm heading back tonight! The good part is that a girlfriend of mine is going too, which makes it so much more fun!

*Edit - Happy mid-week everyone!