Eggs: How many and how do you like them?

Options

Replies

• powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast:

3 eggs, whites only
    1 whole egg
    2 Tbsp salsa

Scramble the eggs on medium-low heat and when almost firm add: 1/2 ounce shredded cheddar cheese
    181 calories.

Add a 6 oz. glass of orange juice for a total of 264 calories.

Keeps me full until lunch
  • Tessyloowhoo
    Options
    4 hard boiled egg whites filled with guacamole... omg so good (yolks make me sick for some odd reason)
  • PRobertson71
    PRobertson71 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Over easy, just one in the morning....
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have them for dinner (two sunnyside up), as egg salad (one with miracle whip and celery on whole wheat bread) or a snack (one microwaved on wheat toast).

There's no average for me since I like a lot of variety in the foods I eat. Might eat eggs three times a week, or I might not have them for three weeks.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Almost every morning I have two hard boiled eggs and a smoothie. I don't have the time or patience to actually cook in the morning and I bring my breakfast to work, so that's the easiest combo for me.
  • Dol10
    Dol10 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I like my eggs fully hatched and grown...

Really though, I eat a cup to a cup and a half of egg whites in the morning, scrambled with salsa on top.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    M-F I have two eggs in the morning before work, over medium and drenched in Tapatio!
  • m2the2ndPOWER
    m2the2ndPOWER Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Oh the glorious egg <3

I love 2 over-easy eggs with avocado and tomato slices...sprinkle truffle salt and fresh cracked pepper. Simple and delicious.

Breakfast sushi: 2 scrambled eggs with wild smoked salmon and avocado wrapped in nori seaweed slices.

Fried egg over a burger. Fried egg over sweet potato hash. Fried egg over anything savory.

Scrambled egg drizzled in a broth based soup to make little cooked egg scrambles or drop it whole in the soup to cook like a poached egg for about 8-10 min.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I just learned a new way to get vegetables into my eggs.

Chop one clove of garlic, add to a tiny bit of olive oil in a non stick pain. Add 3 cup of spinach, and stir until wilted.

Whir up 2 large or 3 medium eggs with salt, pepper and a little tabasco. Add to the wilted spinach, and keep stirring with a whisk until cooked. You can throw in a tablespoon of parmesan or feta if you like. I like mine with cheddar.

yummy and quick.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    1 hard boiled egg pretty much everyday. Sometimes i just eat it liek that.. other times I put in on a portabella mushroom cap with tomato, spinach and cheese.. so good!

i'll also cook them in every way imaginable. but the above is my usual.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love huevos!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Scrambled or hard boiled. I haven't done it in a week or two...but I'll often hard boil a dozen or two at a time. :) So good!

ETA: I eat 2-4 at a time. :)
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    2 eggs over medium if I'm eating out, scrambled if I'm eating in, probably 4-5 days a week. Good cholesterol levels here, too. Exercise made the biggest difference in cholesterol.

I do have a question about scrambling eggs. Does anyone besides me break a whole egg or two into the pan (with less than a tsp of butter) and break up and cooks the whites and yolks separately before scrambling them together? That's how my mom taught me and it's the reason I don't eat scrambled eggs in restaurants - I like to know it is a whole egg from a shell, not a scoop of goop.

No

What? you scramble the yolk separately from the whites then mush them together?? that's entirely too much work for scrambled eggs.. Half the time i'm too lazy to even whisk them in a bowl prior to cooking them.lol
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I usually hard boil them and eat at least one a day. Sprinkle just a tad bit of salt and pepper or plain with my breakfast each morning. I like it for it's protein.
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    What? you scramble the yolk separately from the whites then mush them together?? that's entirely too much work for scrambled eggs.. Half the time i'm too lazy to even whisk them in a bowl prior to cooking them.lol

No, it is no work at all. The yolks and whites are all in the pan together, not mixed in a dish first, no milk or water added (as some people do). They're very light and fluffy this way and much prettier than a pale yellow blob. Only takes about 30 seconds.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I eat 1 whole + 1 egg white with cheese in a tortilla every morning during the week. Anything else and I'm hungry 10 minutes later.

Two weekends ago I had onions, peppers, sausage, pulled pork, chili, and cheese all messed up with 3 eggs . . . ummm, meat.

This past Saturday I had 2 eggs over easy (I like over easy eggs when I have pancakes or waffles, I like the salt, pepper, and creaminess of the eggs mixed with the sweet and stickiness of the syrup on top of a moist pancake . . . yeah my husband thinks I have issue too).

I prefer my eggs poached light to medium, but I have yet to find a short order cook in the south that understands either "poached light" or "over easy" and always get my eggs over cooked so I don't order them out like that and I've never tried to poach an egg at home . . . maybe I'll have eggs for dinner tonight.

In all reality, my favorite way to have eggs is simply in my mouth.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    During the work week, 2 hard boiled for breakfast with my yogurt and coffee.
    On the wkends, however my boyfriend wants to cook them and usually 1 or 2.
  • AshleyPaleo
    Options
    usually every morning, 5-6 eggs, scrambled , salt and pepper, sometimes Frank's Red Hot
  • spicydragonroll
    Options
    Eggs are an apetite suppressant if eaten whole! I keep chickens and get fresh eggs daily. Believe it or not i probably only eat 2 or 3 a week, usually hard boiled or ill take 2 fresh eggs to work and scamble them with some tinned tomatoes and lots of pepper!!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    My MIL keeps chickens so we regularly eat eggs. I find we go on binges where we eat 2-3 eggs each daily for weeks and some weeks we don't have any (thank goodness they last long with the bloom on them lol) Anyways, I eat them over medium, in an omelette and occasionally scrambled. Eggs are wonderful :)