If You Drink DIET SODAS Then YOU Need to Read This.

Options

Replies

• sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    First I will agree Diet Soda is not good for you, it is a chemical, bad for your blood sugar etc.
    But...........
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals

FFS - Water (H2O) is a chemical! EVERYTHING is made up of chemicals. True story. Undeniable fact.
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hold on. Let me go grab my tin foil hat before I consider the millions of things in life that are out to secretly kill me.

That was funny.... don't forget to put the foil on your windows as well.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals, man made ingredients. I don't think you need a formal study to prove it's bad for your body, it's common sense, these are not natural food sources.

Those that think it's not bad for you because the goverment said so are in terrible denial. For those that don't really care if it is bad for you (or rationalize that it's not) and want to drink it anyway, well have at it. Have a diet coke to wash down your baked Lay's and Subway sandwich. Yum, chemically delicious!

I thought I needed a formal study and actual scientific proof but then I read this little gem. It's bad because you say it is. Got it. Thanks!

37046264.jpg
    It is known.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not folks...all of these symptoms are happening to my husband, who is a diabetic...that's my scientific proof. He Now disabled & constantly drinks diet drinks all day long. We have three large bags of Splenda in our cabinets...that he uses while cooking instead of sugar. I'm gonna ask him to try for one week to give up the diet drinks and Splenda and see what happens...and I'll get back with cha. It wouldn't hurt to try to help my husband improve his health.
    It couldn't possibly be the diabetes.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not folks...all of these symptoms are happening to my husband, who is a diabetic...that's my scientific proof. He Now disabled & constantly drinks diet drinks all day long. We have three large bags of Splenda in our cabinets...that he uses while cooking instead of sugar. I'm gonna ask him to try for one week to give up the diet drinks and Splenda and see what happens...and I'll get back with cha. It wouldn't hurt to try to help my husband improve his health.

Do-not-think-it-means.jpeg?9fe95b

Seriously, though, I'm sorry to hear about your husband. But all that shows is that he personally may have a sensitivity to sweeteners. As has been mentioned previously, many people have sensitivities to perfectly natural things - like peanuts. It doesn't make them inherently bad for everyone.
  • anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,461 Member
    Options
    First I will agree Diet Soda is not good for you, it is a chemical, bad for your blood sugar etc.
    But...........
    It's just like all of the other additive and preservative laden crap in our grocery store isles- bad for you! Aspartame, splenda and all related ingredients are chemicals

FFS - Water (H2O) is a chemical! EVERYTHING is made up of chemicals. True story. Undeniable fact.

Of course water is now a chemical. Look at all of the crap that municipalities put in the drinking water. I am more concerned with drinking city water (I use a Brita filter water pitcher) than worrying about drinking diet soda. Our town is trying to fluoridate the water. Now healthy is that?
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

Of course water is now a chemical. Look at all of the crap that municipalities put in the drinking water. I am more concerned with drinking city water (I use a Brita filter water pitcher) than worrying about drinking diet soda. Our town is trying to fluoridate the water. Now healthy is that?

For teeth? Really healthy.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

I am trying to figure out if my sarcasm detector is broken again.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

For teeth? Really healthy.

Too much flouride is poison. Some believe that too much flouride is added to the water.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options

oops, this is the World Natural Health Organization.
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    *reads this as I lick my plate clean of sugar free pancake syrup*
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options

It's a communist plot to put all of the dentists out of business..........and don't get me started on chlorination. I miss the good old days when dysentery was a great way to lose a few pounds......
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7akaw3FVR1qa4cm6o1_500.jpg
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options

Bunny_facepalm_by_shlj23-d4s3yaj.jpg
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Unfortunately I have found snopes.com to be unreliable also. Not sure where they get their information from. I do know I feel better since stopping diet drinks.
  • sheldonz42
    sheldonz42 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    But...........

Electrons, protons, neutrons. Chemistry. The stuff of life, the universe, everything. Please, for the sake of all that is holy, tell me you are kidding. You know, because water is, was, and will always be a chemical (H20)...
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

I am trying to figure out if my sarcasm detector is broken again.

and me

water is, and always has been, a chemical. It's a chemical now, it was a chemical in the palaeolithic era, it was a chemical before there was any life on earth, it is a chemical when it's completely pure and it's a chemical when it has other chemicals dissolved in it, which happens when it occurs naturally as a liquid, they come from the rocks and stuff that come into contact with water.

it's chemical name is hydrogen monoxide (sometimes it is known by other names, but they all basically mean one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms joined together), and it's chemical formula is H2O (the 2 is supposed to be small and at the bottom but my keyboard won't let me type it like this.)

Unfortunately the word "chemical" is misunderstood to mean something that's harmful or unnatural.... fact is that everything's made of chemicals. Vitamins and minerals are chemicals. We're all made of chemicals, we eat, drink and breathe chemicals. Some chemicals are extremely harmful, even totally natural ones. But just because something is a chemical, doesn't mean it's harmful.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options

oops, this is the World Natural Health Organization.

Oops, I think you may be confusing them with the World Health Organization - which is a real respectable source.
  • stumblinthrulife
    Options
    Too much flouride is poison. Some believe that too much flouride is added to the water.

Yes, too much flouride is poison. But then again, too much water is also poison. Too much Vitamin A is poison. A lot of things that are essential to life are poison in sufficient quantities.

And just because some believe it, doesn't make it true. Some believe that Elvis was taken by aliens, the moon landing was faked, and the Illuminati run the world. I don't listen to them either.
This discussion has been closed.