OCTOBER 2010 JILLIAN MICHAELS 30 DAY SLIM DOWN CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• kristi223
    kristi223 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am sooo happy I came across this!! I have been doing these 3 videos for several months now and I've been wanting to come up with some kind of a plan!! This is exactly what I was looking for!! Thanks so much for this!! Just out of curiosity...where did this plan come from...did it come from her website or something? I'm definitely in!! I'll fill out the info a little later when I have more time!! Thanks again!!! I look forward to teaming up with all of you!!
  • doccaroo
    Options
    I am in if I don't change jobs. Sounds very challenging and I think that is what I am needing right now.
  • nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Whata great challenge! I'm in the middle of shred at the moment so will join in for November. Need to get the 2nd and 3rd dvds when they come out here. Good luck to you all for October!!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    i got this plan off of the fittv.com website IT'S actually called the 30 day slim down
  • kristi223
    Options
    NAME: Kristi

CITY/STATE: Tyler, TX

CURRENT WEIGHT: 124

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: counting calories, trying to get in LOTS of water and protein

EXERCISE PROGRAM: workout DVDs for 30-60 min/day at least 4-5 days/wk
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm so excited to see this thread -count me in! I did this with a group of MFP'ers last March and it really was a challenge. I completed about 23 of the 30 days (had some "miss' days in there). Didn't want to hear or see Jillian for weeks after... (Just a note - from my personal experience, the scale didn't drop... but things got tighter and firmer.... )

I'd like to join you, but might have a late start.... going on vacation and don't want to lug weights on the plane... nor do I want to buy them and leave them. :( Still - this is perfect for my goal of firming up before Halloween - so I better figure out how to get it done!

NAME: Melissa

CITY/STATE: Hawaii

CURRENT WEIGHT: 136

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: Common sense. ;) Awareness of what I'm eating, smart portions, efforts to eat my fruits and veggies.

EXERCISE PROGRAM: Running, zumba, Yoga Meltdown, and now... hopefully, 30 day Slimdown again!
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    Thanks for setting this up! I printed up the "calendar" and I'll post it in my bedroom for motivation!

NAME: Claudia

CITY/STATE: Chicago

CURRENT WEIGHT: 209

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: 1,200 cal/day.

EXERCISE PROGRAM: Walking/Jogging 3-4 days a week

Claudia - get a bright red sharpie and cross off each day after you've finished it. You'll feel SO accomplished! :)
  • kristi223
    Options
    I noticed on the Exercise TV website that some of the days where you have listed "No More Trouble Zones" it shows "Quick Trouble Zones" which is actually the "NMTZ" DVD but without the floor work. Does that make sense?? I think that makes it seem a little more do-able for me! Thinking about 2 hours of working out kinda makes me sick to my stomach!! :) And that would shorten it a little bit!
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    that is fine if u want to do it that way it doesn't matter to me...whether the quickie or the whole whichever anyone prefers
  • Happyoceangirl
    Options
    I noticed on the Exercise TV website that some of the days where you have listed "No More Trouble Zones" it shows "Quick Trouble Zones" which is actually the "NMTZ" DVD but without the floor work. Does that make sense?? I think that makes it seem a little more do-able for me! Thinking about 2 hours of working out kinda makes me sick to my stomach!! :) And that would shorten it a little bit!

I hear ya - I did the "Quick trouble zones" before too... makes a difference. Ay ay ay. I'm re-thinking this. It leads to an awful lot of sweating, grunting and grimacing as I recall....
  • kristi223
    Options
    I guess i should have mentioned what days the Quick Trouble Zones replaces No More Trouble Zones. It says Days:6,10,15,23,25 and 28 are QTZ instead of NMTZ. I'll probably be doing the quicker one to save some time!! I'm excited to get started with y'all!
  • kristi223
    Options

I hear ya - I did the "Quick trouble zones" before too... makes a difference. Ay ay ay. I'm re-thinking this. It leads to an awful lot of sweating, grunting and grimacing as I recall....

You are sooo right!!! But hopefully the results will make it all worth it!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    NAME: Kristi

CITY/STATE: Tyler, TX

CURRENT WEIGHT: 124

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: counting calories, trying to get in LOTS of water and protein

EXERCISE PROGRAM: workout DVDs for 30-60 min/day at least 4-5 days/wk

I know a couple people that live in Tyler. Never been there, but I do know one or two...

I'll do what my body can handle. I do like NMTZ. I have to get BFBM back from a friend. I don't like it but will try it for this. If I simply can't do it, I'll do yoga meltdown and/or the elliptical.
  • thebestweebles
    Options
    This sounds like fun! My only issue is, how much are the DVD's? Even if they're all $15 each, that's $45 for the month... and I'm a poor college kid! Anybody know a place to get them for free/cheap? (Like if they're on Netflix instant watch or something) :p
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    oh, geez, only a couple more days til we start! i'm scared!!! I've done 30DS before and NMTZ and both are hard workouts! I know this will be so good for me, I just hope I can keep up and manage to do it everyday! Some days are going to be really really difficult to fit it into my schedule and I'm worried that I'm actually going to need to wake up at 5 am to do my workout! It's either that or I'll be doing it at 10 pm... not sure which is worse!

But I'm committed to this because I know the results are going to be awesome!

I'm in for the before/after pics. I need to get my camera out and get some new pics of me before body.
  • kristi223
    Options
    This sounds like fun! My only issue is, how much are the DVD's? Even if they're all $15 each, that's $45 for the month... and I'm a poor college kid! Anybody know a place to get them for free/cheap? (Like if they're on Netflix instant watch or something) :p

You can get them at Target for like $9 a piece. Not sure about Netflix though! Hope you can join in!!
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I found them for $8 at Target!!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Everybody ready? I'm having my husband measure me tonight and I suppose we do our official weigh in tomorrow? I have no idea. I'm going to do before and after pictures too. Anyone with me?
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Everybody ready? I'm having my husband measure me tonight and I suppose we do our official weigh in tomorrow? I have no idea. I'm going to do before and after pictures too. Anyone with me?

oh man, i'm scared! I guess because I feel like there is no way I am going to be able to do every day... but I guess that's why it's called a "challenge" huh?

What should we do if we miss a day? Do we pick up where we left off or skip that day?

I still need to run out and get my BFBM DVD but I have time.

I will try to get DH to help me get some pics tonight and take my measurements. I'll have to do my weigh-in in the AM as well, even though I hate that scale, it is analog and I can only see the big lines (every 10), the little lines all blur together. I need to buy a new scale.
  • vachegomoo
    Options
    This seems a little frightening, but count me in too!

NAME: Michelle

CITY/STATE: Stevens Point, WI

CURRENT WEIGHT: 169

NUTRITIONAL PROGRAM: ~1400 calories, lots of water, getting rid of the pop

EXERCISE PROGRAM: workout DVDs 5-6 days a week

The program will be posted on my fridge as soon as I hit "post". :)