Pet Peeves at work??

Options

Replies

• mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    People who don't have enough to do, so they come plop down in my office to hang out and chit chat. OMG, go play on the internet or something, I don't care about your BS.
  • danamarich
    danamarich Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    People who are "too busy" or "too important" to do their job (ie- don't answer or return phone calls, can't do the day-to-day duties of their job because they're sooooo busy but when a project comes up they've magically made time)

Le grrrrr
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure going to work is my pet peeve.
    This
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

1. Coming to work sick - GROSS! Believe me, nobody wants to hear your sniffling, hacking, coughing, barfing self. I work in HR, I promise, we want you to be at home, not at work.

I refuse to waste my sick days being home sick. As I told HR at work: "Why would I stay home and make my family miserable, when I can come in here and make you ****ers miserable?"

People who stay home from work at the slightest sniffle suck.

There is a BIG difference in a little sniffle and being sick. It's so rude when people bring their sick butts into work and make others sick.

fight_club_gif_002_by_a_new_hope-d31kvhv.gif

I'm stuck in the middle on this one... Don't come to work sick and get me sick, but I also hate people who take off a whole week for a cold and leave you holding the bag....
    Also, I worked at a job that got mad when you took YOUR sick days...sometimes, you just don't know what to do. LOL
  • FitCurves444
    FitCurves444 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fits....yes, in the workplace.... there is one person in my team that throws fits.... pounding on the desk... stomping his feet....whinning..... just like a 3 year old.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    People who think they are the only ones who work hard.
    People who tell everyone how to do their jobs.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Perfumes / colognes / aftershave. Blech. I have a co-worker who keeps walking by my desk leaving a cloud of toxic perfume in her wake. She's kiling me. Just shower, slap on some deodorant and call it good.
  • perfect_storm
    perfect_storm Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I work from home but travel for a week out of every month my boss wants to spend every minute with me bec/I am only there a week out of the month so he thinks I have to make up for the time I work from home .Make sense? I talk in circles. :ohwell:
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    this may refer only to me, but when my guys are doing chem tests and i've given them a perfectly good bucket to throw the water into, but instead they throw the water into the garbage, so when i take the garbage out its a big wet mess.

or when they fill up their reagent bottle with cyanuric acid and dont use a funnel and it spills all over the table and it makes a big mess and i have to help clean it up because it drips onto the floor and has to be cleaned right away.

or when they take the last part off the shelf and conviently forget to tell anyone so when i go back to get said part theres none left and i have to order more delaying the work order for another week.

or, the worst, when they leave a pee bottle in the back of their truck and i have to clean out the back of their truck so i have to throw away the pee bottle, which means i have to touch it. so f'ing gross!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I work for a non-profit and we have several volunteer committees. I work at the liason between the two and I have to say, right now my pet peeve is a small handful of people thinking I work for them and treating me in a condescending manner. I am there to help as well, not to be your b*itch.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    People who seem to carry on CONSTANT conversations. I have a new cubicle neighbor and I swear there hasn't been a moment of peace since she moved there. In fact, I had to put my headphones on for the first time in months last week in order to concentrate on the project I was doing. I'm starting to get used to it but her volume control is all over the place. She was talking on the phone this morning and was way too loud.

Which reminds me of another peeve - loud whispering. It's like when you start losing a radio station - the static is just annoying enough that even if your favorite song was playing, you have to change the channel. Plus it makes no sense! I can hear just about everything you say if I stop typing and listen in. And so can everyone else within a few aisles. If the subject is that personal/private, go for a walk or something! Duh...

And yes, perfume! There are a few women here who just drench themselves in it and it's totally gross. Of course it's never lovely delicate scents, it's those heavy cloying old lady type of perfumes. Makes me choke up every time I'm subjected to their cloud of stink.
  • ehorn625
    Options
    working with idiots :noway:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    when the mother ****ing air conditioner is broken on a 90 degree day in my upstairs office

WHICH IS TODAY
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    There are some people that are paid hourly,have no paid sick time and/or no benefits...so don't be so judgy when people come in sick.I wanted to stay home when I was really sick but most of the time I had no choice.I would have had to close down the store I managed because there would be no coverage if I stayed home...and then consequently gotten fired.

Pet peeves I used to have:
    People who call in for stupid reasons like a fight with the boyfriend leaving their co-workers to pull a double
    Rude people
    Not keeping the break area clean
    Complaining about their period...loudly...in detail.....
    People who were late without calling to let me know.

There are so many more....lol....
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    the fact that I have to go there
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who coughs all day long. So you think she has a cold right? No, she's been doing this for over seven years. Says it's her allergies. Sometimes she coughs so hard, she goes into the break room to vomit. (Yes, she vomits in the break room, where people are supposed to eat).
    She also talks at approximately 300 decibels and narrates her entire day. When she is going to do something, she goes around to four different people and says "I'm going to mail that letter now". Then after she mails it, she goes around to the same four people and says "I mailed the letter."
    Additionally, she's a hoarder and hoards in our office. She took over an empty cubicle to put her hoard in. Her boss has gone through it with her but she refuses to throw anything out.
    When we have a potluck, she doesn't bring anything in and then fills her plate many, many times so that it is overflowing with food.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Managers talking to me like I'm some kind of moron. Just give me the critique and move on. I don't need you to spell it out for me and I don't need you to look at me like you suspect my puny brain is just too inferior to understand. It's retail, homes. Not neuro surgery.
  • londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    powerpoint presentations given by a slide heavy douche who just writes text onto 100 slides and reads them out word for word as his presentation,
    if you want me to put in the effort of paying attention then put in the effort of making it at least a little interesting

people who think they are above themselves,
    your a junior manager, not a director, dont be condescending to everyone you feel is below you!

and finally the 9-5'ers
    look, i know your only contracted to 40 hours a week, but seriously, if for the good of the team you need to stay late for a night or two or throw in a few hours on a saturday, dont act like its a travesty and your the hardest done by person in the company,
    you got it pretty good compared to those that work for you on zero hour contracts and basic rate hourly pay who work a million times harder than you and moan a lot less that you do!!

all of the above pretty much equals where i work :(
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    People who complain about people who come to work sick. You willing to pay my bills? If yes then I'll be happy to stay home, otherwise I don't get sick pay and it's either protect you from the inconvenience of being exposed to germs or lose so much money that I can't pay my bills. I choose to expose you.

Call me selfish but you're equally selfish for not financing my sick day. :P
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I have a co-worker who coughs all day long. So you think she has a cold right? No, she's been doing this for over seven years. Says it's her allergies. Sometimes she coughs so hard, she goes into the break room to vomit. (Yes, she vomits in the break room, where people are supposed to eat).
    She also talks at approximately 300 decibels and narrates her entire day. When she is going to do something, she goes around to four different people and says "I'm going to mail that letter now". Then after she mails it, she goes around to the same four people and says "I mailed the letter."
    Additionally, she's a hoarder and hoards in our office. She took over an empty cubicle to put her hoard in. Her boss has gone through it with her but she refuses to throw anything out.
    When we have a potluck, she doesn't bring anything in and then fills her plate many, many times so that it is overflowing with food.

Honestly it sounds like she may have some sort of mental problem. This isn't being a pest, this is being totally and completely clueless.