Dangerous stupid stuff that you've done

Options

Replies

• CarlaRaeZ001
    Options
    tore the tag off a mattress once.

i sure hope there's not an outstanding warrant for me. :embarassed:

ETA: also, apparently my occasional consumption of Diet Pepsi counts on this thread too.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There are so many, just reading some of the other posts here brings back memories. It is truly a wonder that I survived the 70's and 80's.
  • aelphabawest
    aelphabawest Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Hitting 164 mph in my Corvette between DC and Annapolis on Hwy 50 eastbound...

What *is* it with speed demons and Hwy 50?!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I used to be a door to door sales person. We would often travel to less than pleasant areas to sell our goods. Some of the scariest moments:

-Some guy jumped out of his truck and flashed me his wang.

-After sitting with a guy for about twenty minutes talking about my product he says, "well, I'd better let you go. I got jumped last week because these guys say I raped a girl."

-One guy who I am 99% sure was on many, many drugs cornered me (I was still outside, thank goodness) accusing me of being a cop and trying to find my badge or a wire or something. His friends finally pulled him away and told me to get the helI out of there.

-In a particularly bad city about an hour before dark I was still knocking on doors and a kindly older guy who was one of the few to actually answer the door, handed me a box cutter and said, "Here. You'll need this out there more than I do in here."

Ah, memories.
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Drinking while driving. Woops!
  • mushroomsontoast
    mushroomsontoast Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    eaten beer glasses at a bar in Holland...lots of them :blushing:
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Walked through Newark, NJ at 2 AM. Yeah.
  • gibbsedward
    gibbsedward Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That would be flying to Orlando and spending a week at a conference with a splitting headache the whole time, that turned out to be a bleeding brain aneurysm. I was barely able to put three words together, but I thought I was fine. Remember, when you are cognitively impaired you are in no position to judge whether you are cognitively impaired. And if you notice a sudden change like that in someone you know don't be afraid to call 911!

Now every time I visit my Doctor his nurse touches my shoulder because she says there must be an angel there.

Oh - and having brain surgery is a sure fire way to drop a quick 10 pounds in a week, but I don't really recommend it. ;-)
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I....oh, God, this is a real confession.

(Breathing, breathing)

Many years ago, I had a serious drug problem. I haven't used drugs in 25 years, haven't had a drink in 15 years. But back in the day, I was heavy into cocaine.

I was 21/22 years old and on a binge once, and ran out of my stash. My regular dealer wasn't available, so I went (alone) to the really really REALLY bad area of town (Newark, NJ, if you know it, down to the projects) to get some. Out of the car, up to some guy. He told me to follow him. I did. Into an abandoned building, up the stairs. Gave him my money, he told me to wait. I did. For a long time. Turns out, there were stairs on the other end of the floor. He had taken my money & disappeared.

I got away easy that night. What was taken (money) was the least of what I had. I could have been raped or killed, easily. Just another addict lost to statistics.

So that's my most dangerous, most stupid thing. Ever.
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

Hitting 164 mph in my Corvette between DC and Annapolis on Hwy 50 eastbound...

I did something similar as a passenger on that very highway.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    As an adult, I inadvertently maxed out a Corisca. I was driving my roommate's car on a late-night trip back home from college with a couple of friends. They were all sleep and I was fighting sleep on a moonless night on a rural highway. I glanced down and the dashboard and woke my roomie up. I said, "What does it mean when the speedometer is on 'Neutral'?" Still half-sleep he said in a non-chalant way, "Oh, about 120 (mph)." I half-panicked and took my foot of the gas and waited what seemed like an eternity for the car to slowly coast its way down to 65 mph. I gotta admit, it was one smooth ride though! The steering column in the bucket that I used to drive would violently shake at 70mph!

As a kid, I and a bunch of other kids used to slide down a very steep hill on cardboard in the summertime. Can you say "ghetto tobbagan"? As a adult, I revisted the same park and didn't realize HOW steep and rocky that hill was. And our parents LET US do this! I would be hesistate to even WALK down that hill to this day without repelling equipment!

As for stupid, but not dangerous, I know this is lame, but I allowed a rollercoaster phobia to deny me a lot of fun for the past 30+ years! I would ride the kiddie rollercoasters (e.g. 20-30 foot drop), but nothing 'man-sized'. Last month I got on the Shockwave (stand-up coaster) at Kings Dominion. When I got off of it I was all like, "Really? That's all there is?!" I've gotten season passes at least 25times over the past 40 years and this is the first REAL rollercoaster I've been on; what a waste.

I'm not yet ready for the Intimidator 305, but I already have a plan to work my way up to it:
    KD: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_dominion
    Shockwave: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shockwave_(Kings_Dominion)
    Rebel Yell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebel_Yell_(roller_coaster)
    Grizzly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grizzly_(Kings_Dominion)
    Hurler: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurler_(roller_coaster)
    Volcano: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcano,_The_Blast_Coaster
    Anaconda: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_(roller_coaster)
    Dominator: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominator_(roller_coaster)
    Intimidator 305: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intimidator_305
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Probably riding my motorcycle as fast as 130 on public roads. Only done that a couple times.
    THIS but at 140...ridiculous...
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    was swinging from a rope swing and at the apex i was a good 20-25ft from the ground. i let go of the rope to slide down and catch the knot but the knot slipped and i fell. as i flipped in the air i could see my friends running down the hill to meet me and yelling jesus hes going to die.

hit the ground and literally bounced a good 3 ft in the air.

upon highschool graduation me and my friends would play it-tag. using our cars. within 3 municipalities.

also after graduation me and my friend went to europe to stay with her family and see U2. well thats what we told my father, but when we got there we befriended these nice people who flirted with us and so we let them in the place we had. you see my friends parents had a house there but were away so we had the place all to ourselves. Next thing i know im running under the bed talking to my dad on my cell phone freaking out they are going to take me. i did my best to yell everything i saw as i was sold into slavery....
    I used to be a door to door sales person. We would often travel to less than pleasant areas to sell our goods. Some of the scariest moments:

-Some guy jumped out of his truck and flashed me his wang.

i thought you looked familiar
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    How I managed to survive my first 24 months driving is a miracle. The fact that I still had a clean licence must have entailed major contributions from whatever deity you deem to be a god.

The copious quantities of alcohol wouldn't have helped either, my friend used to serve me vodka and orange. In a pint glass. Usually after several pints of Guinness and cider chased down with Jack Daniels.

Fortunately never did both at the same time otherwise I am sure I would not be here.

The joys of being young and stupid!!
  • firstofnone
    Options
    200+ mph on a Hayabusa
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Stopped a guy from stealing. He tried to stab me in the heart with a hunting knife. I was wearing a vest with a steel plate for my heart.

He was in the hospital for a few days after I was done with him. He was arrested for a mess of things, I ended up skipping going to his trial. I wanted to finish the job I started with him.

I said goddamn!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Told a girl that indeed that dress did make her look fat...
    848.jpg
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I used to take Zantrex 3 when I was 20. The dose is 6 a day max, they have since changed this to 4.

Anyway, I usually took 2 at 9am and two at 1pm. One day I woke up a little later and took 4 at once to compensate.

Ever had a caffeine overdose? They are a living nightmare. I went straight for my 1-10 shift and stood at the till frozen in shock because I felt like if I moved a muscle I would have a major heart attack. I could feel my heart battering off my rib cage. Every cell in my body was vibrating and my eyes were like pins.

My supervisor was standing by me for like an hour ready to rush me to the hospital.

Never. Again.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Where do I even begin?
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i could name them all. it would take to long

but my first mountain bike i got me and my older brother rode home. i was going pretty fast standing up. i slambed on my breaks a flew over the handle bars. the road rash hurt...another one we had a very bad snow storm that left lots of snow i would jump off the roof of are mobile home