Senseless Fears

Options

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Thunderstorms...freak me right out. I have to watch for the lightening so I can count how far away the thunder is. If it's a middle of the night thunderstorm, I sleep right against my fiance with my fingers in my ears. Or any extreme weather. It's been a rough summer. :frown:
  • atragicfate
    Options
    I am terrified of fish and feet. Both just creep me out so much.
    I can't even look at my own feet.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    Wasps...why do they have to be so angry and in your face?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I followed a friend onto an elevator that I was pretty sure had a sign on it that said the elevator was broken. When the doors opened, I just figured it was fixed. It wasn't. I felt myself starting to panic when the elevator didn't move. I've never been afraid of being stuck on an elevator before, and I didn't like that feeling.

Not scared of elevators getting stuck, but to be safe, I make sure I tinkle first.....Just in case.:bigsmile:

Yes, that is definitely a good idea! :bigsmile: I don't know where this fear came from. I've actually woken up with my heart racing because I was dreaming about someone kidnapping me and taping my mouth shut, and my nose was stuffed up so I couldn't breathe. I think I watch too many horror movies.
  • horrorstory
    horrorstory Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Being tickled to death. Honestly I have had panic attacks just thinking about it.
    My boyfriend has tickled me until Ive cried multiple times.

I don't have that fear, but I am very ticklish, I'll run from my mom if she tries it and throw stuff down behind me so she can't catch me

Im completely ticklish. like poke me in the side and I will squeel and run for my life.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    black licorice haunts my dreams...

black-licorice1.jpg
  • globetrotter42
    Options
    I think the two people who have a fear of commitment should hook up.
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Who is afraid of something weird or silly that makes no sense to other people? I am terrified of most birds.

I'm with you on this one. I am terrified of birds, especially chickens. And I am also terrified of mice. Once, a bat got into our farm house. I freaked and locked myself in the bathroom for hours. A mouse with wings made it a double!
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    haha... I was just talking to my husband about this at lunch..
    I have come to realize that I won't look at mirrors in the dark. Won't even lift my head up if I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and don't turn on the light..

And June bugs.. Blahh... They like getting stuck in my curly hair if I sit outside at night... :sick:
  • GradyVogt
    GradyVogt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Im scared of most people in this forum.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of fish and feet. Both just creep me out so much.
    I can't even look at my own feet.

So guessing one of them fancy fish pedicures is out then
  • islandblush
    Options
    Cockroaches... I got attacked by one in the shower as a child. My mom keeps telling me it was scared and just trying to fly out of the shower. She's wrong, she wasn't there it wanted to attack me. *shiver*
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Driving across bridges that are high up and/or cross a large body of water...that freaks me out to no end. I have to be in the very center lane so I can't see over the side.

Oh & don't get me started about double-decker bridges *shudder*
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    this would be a good thread to break out the crazy vs. hot scale...

Haha that's an awesome idea!
  • mrsjones2point0
    mrsjones2point0 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    haha... I was just talking to my husband about this at lunch..
    I have come to realize that I won't look at mirrors in the dark. Won't even lift my head up if I have to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and don't turn on the light..

YES, this!!!

And I have an insane, completely irrational, unbased fear of running out of gasoline in my car. As in I have been known to start hyperventilating when the stupid light comes on.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    cars with canoes strapped on top ... recurring nightmare!
  • SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I am terrified of most birds.

Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist....

The+Birds+3.jpg

The-Birds.jpg

thebirdsattack.jpg

the-birds_2105331i.jpg
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Driving across bridges that are high up and/or cross a large body of water...that freaks me out to no end. I have to be in the very center lane so I can't see over the side.

^^^
    THIS!!!
    My good friend tells me that I must have drowned while trapped in a submerged vehicle in a former life. Yikes!
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm not too crazy about spiders if I can't identify them at first glance. Thanks Brown Recluses and Black Widows for forever making me paranoid of spiders.

(My wfie's uncle just got bitten by a Brown Recluse for a second time less than a week ago. The wound it left looks pretty d**n painful.)
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Forgive me, but I just couldn't resist....

The+Birds+3.jpg

The-Birds.jpg

thebirdsattack.jpg

the-birds_2105331i.jpg

Haha I couldn't even make it through a third of this movie.