Senseless Fears

Options

Replies

• londonboyben
    londonboyben Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    not sure if its a fear, or just a little bit abnormal,
    but i wont touch mushrooms, wont prepare food off a side contaminated by mushrooms being prepared previously on it, and wont eat with someone if they have mushrooms on their plate, seriously freaks me out
    basically mushrooms are a no go
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Sharks. I went skydiving last year with my brother and loved it but the next day he wanted to go surfing and I almost had a panic attack.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I have a fear of vomiting. No, seriously. Even if I'm sick and I KNOW I'll feel better if I let myself... I just can't. It's gross. :sick:
    Also, I hate being tickled. Not really a fear, just thought I'd share. lol

I also have a HUGE fear of vomiting, I've puked once in the last 10 years and there was absolutely no holding that back

tumblr_luivmn2hUA1qzcuvq.gif
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    Thunderstorms...freak me right out. I have to watch for the lightening so I can count how far away the thunder is. If it's a middle of the night thunderstorm, I sleep right against my fiance with my fingers in my ears. Or any extreme weather. It's been a rough summer. :frown:
    This is NOT a senseless fear. Seems pretty legit to me. I too hate thunder.
  • Howdoyoufeeltoday
    Howdoyoufeeltoday Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Withheld numbers, it could be ANYBODY!

YES!!!!
  • Simone_King
    Simone_King Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I hate small plans. Getting me into a plan that has ten sets or less...

o_o

Big plans no problem.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Driving. I never learned to drive or got my driver's license when I was a teenager. I don't have a problem being a passenger in a car, but every time I get behind the wheel when friends offer to teach me, I just get anxiety attacks and sweat and feel sick to my stomach. It's something I have to overcome because not driving myself places is so inconvenient. I have to either walk, bike or take public transport or be at the mercy of friends who offer to chauffeur me around. My husband is a heavy machine operator and driver (Class A license) so he thinks my fear is totally unreasonable and doesn't understand it. I guess it is pretty crazy.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I fear crack heads.... But everyone should, sooooo nope none here.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    this would be a good thread to break out the crazy vs. hot scale...
    KLXn8Vw.jpg
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    i have fear of lot of things..but silliest would be fear of thunder lightening. I also grew up in area which was frequently in this weather, but that made no difference. I keep checking the sky to watch out for one..keep checking forecast..when one approaches..i close my ears or listen to loud music, close all curtains and snuggle close to loved ones and pray to god..i am melodramatic in this case ..LOL
    i recently also googled and found that its a kind of phobia..so i am not just crazy you see ;)
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Spiders, Centipedes, June Bugs, Cicadas... Bugs. All bugs.

Yet I love mice, snakes, have no fear of bridges, love thunder, etc.

Just bugs.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    i have fear of lot of things..but silliest would be fear of thunder lightening. I also grew up in area which was frequently in this weather, but that made no difference. I keep checking the sky to watch out for one..keep checking forecast..when one approaches..i close my ears or listen to loud music, close all curtains and snuggle close to loved ones and pray to god..i am melodramatic in this case ..LOL
    i recently also googled and found that its a kind of phobia..so i am not just crazy you see ;)

oh we're crazy...the only difference between my fear and yours, I can't handle the curtains being closed. I have to watch it lol almost like i have to prepare for the strike and the massive thunder. I also lived in a place that had "tornado season" and all 4 seasons in one day. Stupid prairies
  • RJay64
    RJay64 Posts: 135
    Options
    Driving between two vehicles that are bigger than mine - buses, semis, even pickup trucks. I can be behind or in front, but not between. Pulse and breathing rocket, hands tremble, skin gets prickly. I will slow down to 20 mph on the freeway to not get between these things that I am certain are going to crush me like a beer can between them.

If I can't avoid it and end up "there," ... well, there are no atheists in foxholes. But seriously, I have to verbally utter loud things to expel the physical tension until I can escape.
  • hyper_stitch
    hyper_stitch Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Absolutely with you on the birds, pigeons in particular, will avoid their evil hang outs even if t means walking totally out of my way. I think the bird fear is pretty common, my really irrational one is I am freaked out by felt and fleece material to the point I feel physically sick :ohwell:

I used to work with a lady who was terrified of buttons (not badges but actual buttons that fasten up your shirt) I have no clue how she survived in a daily basis.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

Just bugs.

Yep, that's me, too! I pulled into a parking lot and shot out of my car because a spider came right down in my face. I'm sure people thought I was nuts! Did the same thing because a stink bug was getting dangerously close crawling on my dashboard, and I would've had an accident if it flew at my face.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

Just bugs.

all bugs?

draft_lens18929594module155374849photo_1322130326Bugs_Bunny.jpg
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I have a phobia of...........Belly buttons. Yep, i freak out at navels, or whatever you want to call them.

I also have a phobia of needles, hence , I have never had my belly button pierced :)
  • TattooedNici
    TattooedNici Posts: 2,141 Member
    Options
    I think the two people who have a fear of commitment should hook up.

Pass.
  • TheBaileyHunter
    TheBaileyHunter Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Not scared of birds, but hate them with an unreasonable passion.

As for fears, besides the normal one of heights...I'm completely fanatic about dairy products sitting out for more than 5 minutes. I'm sure the cultures turn to evil gut destroying bacteria in anything over that time.

I really don't like big crowds which is why I avoid concerts in large venues - anything that can fit 100K people is too many volatile variables in one place for me. I am uncomfortable swimming in natural bodies of water but I think that's due to too many leeches and nearly drowning in one.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    hD1FEBD3A

My friends think it's hilarious to send this to me. I don't know how many times it's appeared on my FB wall. Why? Because I'm terrified of fish. More specifically, being in the water with fish.