A confession to the MFP Police

Options

Replies

• MsWallwoman
    Options
    Good for you. Just don't create a post that says, "Omg, I'm doing everything right but I'm not losing weight!!! Why??" if you don't want people to tell you why. :yawn:

Agreed. ;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    My thoughts EXACTLY. Possibly my favourite post ever.

I have wish I was so easily amused.
  • Ceyanna
    Ceyanna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Well, for what it's worth, Jennifer, I LOOK for posts like yours because it's empowering to see someone not take themselves too seriously, can have a laugh once in a while, mess up, then pick right back up again, and keep the great attitude! Success is success, even if it takes a while. Thanks for a great post today! :)
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

to be fair, the person that said that has 7 total posts in over 2 years. it's within the realm of possibility that this is 3rd, maybe 4th post she's seen, ever. the other two were probably date/rate/marry threads.
  • connie_messina
    connie_messina Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    haha love this!
  • meyllisa
    meyllisa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    :heart: this
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    love love love love love love love.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think I love you for this post!! :heart:

Oh I want to add my confession -

I wait until the end of the day when I know I'm not going to eat anything else - then I work out how many squares of chocolate I could eat with the remaining calories I have left and sometimes .... just sometimes, I eat that chocolate goddammit! :happy:

Amen to that:)
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    You know what would be awesome? A big ol slice of dark chocolate and bacon cake with a caramel ganache on top.

BULLY
  • Achrya
    Options

to be fair, the person that said that has 7 total posts in over 2 years. it's within the realm of possibility that this is 3rd, maybe 4th post she's seen, ever. the other two were probably date/rate/marry threads.

Touche. I hadn't thought of it that way.
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I think I love you for this post!! :heart:

Oh I want to add my confession -

I wait until the end of the day when I know I'm not going to eat anything else - then I work out how many squares of chocolate I could eat with the remaining calories I have left and sometimes .... just sometimes, I eat that chocolate goddammit! :happy:

I think if you're within your goal calories, it's okay to eat the damned chocolate. Never saw anyone say any different. The prevailing opinion is to allow yourself treats if it's within your calories.
  • Dencrossgirl
    Dencrossgirl Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Yes you nailed it! Some people are just vicious, or maybe hungry ;)
  • QueenE_
    QueenE_ Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post OP. I've done the same things.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Drama-is-bad-mmkay-south-park-25108881-310-310.gif
  • amberhope1975
    Options
    Me too!!!! I do this more often than I care to admit.:blushing:
  • 2B184
    Options
    Confession: I send blank FR's to see if people really will decline them.... They do :frown:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Confession: I send blank FR's to see if people really will decline them.... They do :frown:

I do. I really really do.

Decline them, that is
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    LOL
  • 2B184
    Options
    Confession 2: I like piña coladas and getting caught in the rain.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options

The point I am trying to make is why beat people up all of the time? Why talk badly about people and give negative feedback because you know something that they don't? Why not just be supportive or ignore? People are going to use supplements and not eat enough calories and not log everything. This site is supposed to be supportive, helpful and educational. Not full of a bunch of bullies. Haha I lost a 100 pounds and you are having trouble so let me be mean. Really? I know my ticker shows that I started this overweight. I am pretty sure most everyone else's does too.

Congrats you lost weight. I lost 36 pounds. I am not better than anyone else. I am just a fat girl living in a skinny world right now. And I would really love a jelly donut. Or some pop tarts.

THE BEST POST I'VE SEEN SO FAR ON THE MFP!

Thank you. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: