Share your NSV of the week!

Options

Replies

• AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    1. I bought a pair of size 8 capris.
    2. I went and bought size medium scrubs and scrub pants and wore them to work and EVERYONE noticed my weightloss.
    3. I woke up at 4:50 AM the other day so that I could go for a run before work.

Funny thing about scrubs- you can wear them for a really long time after they are too big and when You finally get some that fit - it's like holy cow how were you wearing the 3 size bigger ones right?

Amy
  • AmyZ46
    AmyZ46 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I get a lot of looks now. Girls actually look up and down my body. I didn't even know they did that. I thought only men were that obvious.

I work on the slope in the oil field ... got my first up and down look this week from a young boy at the camp I live at ..hahaha
    (mid 20"s is a young boy to me :blushing: )

Also had lunch with afriend at the camp I used to stay at and had my back to the room and the friend I was eating with said so many of the men were trying to figure out who the "new " sexy woman was .... hahaha I lived there for lika year and a half before moving to the other camp

Amy
  • asimmons221
    asimmons221 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Noticing my fat clothes are becoming to big for me.
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 10k
  • choochoobell
    choochoobell Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Fit into my son's jeans!! Tight, but zipped and buttoned:)
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I had someone at work tell me "You look so skinny!!" AND..I got hit on twice, that never happens!
  • sinistras
    sinistras Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I stuck it out and have done Jillian Michaels "Ripped in 30" every day this week while traveling. (Mixture of levels 1-3)
    Now I won't feel like I have to start up the momentum again when I get home on Tuesday.
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I fit into a size 15 MISSES capri yesterday. I started out too heavy to fit into a size 26/28 jean from Lane Bryant! WHOO HOO!!
  • thewordwarrior
    Options
    I completed my very first 5K! Ran it in 48 minutes, which may not be a great time, but a 16 minute mile is a major success for me! Can't wait to run my next one!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Today my mom brought to my attention that the shorts I've been wearing the last week and a half are actually size 6, not 8 like I thought. They're half a size too small and I'm still in 8-10 jeans, but I'll take it.

ETA: It has been about 8 years since I've been able to wear these shorts. I don't know why I kept them, or only these two pairs since I bought several more at the time. Glad I did.

ETA again for my dad: Today my dad received an E-mail from his sister on the other side of the country that the new Facebook picture he posted looked like he'd lost some weight and she wondered if it was on purpose or if he was sick. Seeing as the photo was only of his face and neck, she couldn't see that it was proportional and she was concerned because he's had some health scares in the past. He's not actively losing weight but needs to and is getting sucked into my mom's and my weight loss because we're the family cooks. Go Dad!
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    Mine was catching myself in a full-length mirror while I was getting ready to go for a ride, in just a sports bra and cycling shorts, and saying aloud in my apartment, "Holy s***, girl!" ...I actually surprised myself with how great I look these days!

This is a great thread!
  • WinwillLose
    Options
    Working on buying new wardrobe for fall! Almost noting fits, from size 16 to a size 8...looking forward to the 8's fitting loosely in a few more weeks.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My NSV this week is sort of silly, but the silly things make life fun. I was one of the parents chaperoning a group of Cub Scouts at a corn maze. There is an area at the back with trampolines, zip lines, pedal go karts and a petting zoo. I rode the tractor out with the boys, but it was full when it was time to leave so I decided to walk back instead. One of the boys said, "bet you can't keep up." Surprise, surprise, I was able to keep up for half the trip. I think I could have done the whole trip in my sneakers, but I was wearing hiking sandals and getting gravel in them. OUCH! (I cut through the field and got back the same time they did. ):tongue:
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Caught an accidental glance of myself doing crunches in those giant gym mirrors and didn't gross myself out anymore. Started working out & weight training a few months before starting MFP so I definitely see a difference. Also same day the gym owner came over to tell me he could tell I'd lost weight. I don't see him that often cuz usually I work out at 4:45 am before work.

Congrats to everyone here reporting. Sometimes an NSV can feel better than the scale!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I can swing a 16kg kettlebell - and it WASN'T insanely difficult for me :noway:

I know that might not sound like very much, but seeing as I was struggling with an 8kg one when I started...:blushing:
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    BUMP :smile:
  • daveymac1
    daveymac1 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I put on a t shirt that I haven't been able to wear for a while, and I didn't have to suck in the gut! :happy:
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It's been 2 weeks (tomorrow) since I had my baby boy and i'm down 20 lbs out of 24 I gained. I say that's pretty darn awesome =D
  • cmacphee3
    cmacphee3 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Mine is not messing up on the weekend. I haven't had that good of a weekend in MONTHS. Go me!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I tried on some of my NFL t-shirts from the last 2 years over the weekend and I was swimming in all of them! They all are the fitted girly styles and they used to either be a little tight or fit me well. There was so much excess fabric I could have put another person in it! They were size XL and XXL and I wear M now. Time to go shopping again. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!