For ladies who EAT (a lot) and are actually losing weight

Options
15678911»

Replies

• spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I eat alot as well. I focus more on carbs and not the calories as much so I end up going higher. I still consistently lose weight.
  • veg_jen
    veg_jen Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My baseline calories for the day is 1600. I run 6 days a week and typically burn about 400+ calories. I usually eat to account for whatever I burn. I'm back on the weight loss goals so I'll do a minus 100ish calories now. I've never eaten this much. I love it. I finally feel like I've been given permission to eat.

I'm dropping weight and body fat. I am getting regular compliments including my nutritionist.
  • tizmi
    tizmi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm 30 and 5' nothing and generally eat between 1600 to 2000 cals thanks to walking around 15,000 steps a day plus Curves (with a Smart tag) three times a week and sometimes I go down 2.5 one week and almost nothing the next, but it averages out to about 1.5 lb a week which is fine by me.

I'm trying to net 1200 cals a day once exercise is taken into account as I don't do the same amount every day, rather than using the 'TDEE minus a percentage' method - I find it reinforces to me that if I want to really eat, I have to work for it. If I don't do much exercise, I have to be more careful with what I eat that day.
  • coffee4me57
    Options
    Great post, thanks to everyone for sharing. My TDEE is 2100, BMR 1530 and I am eating at 1770ish.
  • kristen2713
    kristen2713 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    an old thread...but you are all my heros for eating :) bumping to read later
  • judith0622
    judith0622 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will eat anywhere between 1500 cal to 1800 a day when I'm hungry I eat and when I'm not I eat less but never under 1200 calories a day . It is not enough food for me .
    My highest weight SW 380
    CW 240
    GW 230
    Ten more pounds to go
    October 01 SW 247
    October 08 CW 247 no pounds lost
    October 15 CW 245 -2 pounds lost
    October 21 CW 240 - 5 pounds
    Update pounds lost total of 7
    Yay baby
    October 28
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Just to add my piece:

5'5.5" and 136lbs @24.5% BF

TDEE (desk job) 1675 + exercise (avg 1800 cals a week) puts me at 1550 a day using TDEE -20%
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    PLEASE ADD ME!

Sorry for all caps, I just really need lady friends that eat a lot because they work out a lot, and lose weight. I'm on a loss standstill and am starting to lift this week, I'm following NROLFW.
    thanks!!
    xo
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    Just to add my piece:

TDEE (desk job) 1675 + exercise (avg 1800 cals a week) puts me at 1550 a day using TDEE -20%

If you are close to goal your percentage subtracted from TDEE should be smaller, though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets
  • leannerae40
    leannerae40 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I use IIFYM.com to set my macros intake and it includes Carbs, protein, Fat and Fibre. I'm set at just over 2000 calories per day, and I enter exercise so that I can see what I've done and when, but I do NOT allow MFP to count the calories, I just change the calories burned to 1 and try to stay within my macros. I was at a standstill eating 1500 calories a day. I've now lost about 9 lbs in 7 weeks eating more. I lift weights (hard) 3X a week, yoga for 2 and something fun mixed in there as well, maybe a C25K or a fun DVD or something. I also LOVE my TRX and will do something fun on there. HIIT workouts when I can too. Who knew you could EAT and be healthy. I had such an unrealistic relationship with food. Best thing I ever did - was a Body Composition Analysis. My lean mass was 157 lbs! And my goal weight was 159 lbs. It's now changed to 199 lbs.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Please forgive me if this has been stated and I just bypassed it. So when you say you eat 1800-2000 cals a day as an example, does that mean net or you just dont factor in your exercise and eat back those cals. I have been doing about 1400-1500 cals a day but I eat back some of my exercise cals. I usually net between 1300-1600 a day. I am 33, 5'1 and need to lose another 50 or so pounds. I know that I need to up my water intake, that is for sure. I also have hypothyroidism. I just set my cals at 1800 to see if that helps some. If not, I will lower it and just play around with the numbers. The exercise is what confuses me. I exercise about every day in some fashion. I walk, bike, swim, zumba and lift small amounts of weight. Thanks!!!! :)

I don't log exercise at all. I use an average TDEE of 2500 calories, which was calculated after about a year of logging consistently. If you are using the MFP method, you would *always* consider net to be after exercise calories are logged. If you are using the TDEE method, the exercise calories are already calculated in the TDEE, so you don't worry of exercise calories. I typically eat about 2000 calories, but I allow myself to go up to 2500, or over on special occasions, because I am not trying to lose weight fast. I dropped the first 60 pounds quickly, but now I am lifting weights for most of my exercise and just focus on getting enough protein and not eating too many sweets. My goals are probably different than yours. Individual goals are what is important when assessing your diet.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Just to add my piece:

If you are close to goal your percentage subtracted from TDEE should be smaller, though.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/819055-setting-your-calorie-and-macro-targets

Thank you for the input! I have thought about going with a lower percentage but at 20% that is such a small deficit as it is, I was finding my small margin of error on food and exercise was stalling my weight loss...not to mention I try to never eat under my 1550...which means I often go over by 25-50 cals a day anway.