Female Bulking Advice Needed

Options

Replies

• ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow......OP you look amazing,congrats. Please keep us posted:-)
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hi OP. Just wanted to jump into this thread to say...you have a perfect body for putting on a little size b/c your body fat is so low...awesome "starting" point.

Oh, and definitely check out Stephanielynn76's blog if you haven't yet!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76

Good luck with your bulk phase!
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to stick with higher reps in the hypertrophy range (8-15). I'm eating at maintenance now (TDEE) while taking creatine and want to make sure my weight is stable before increasing further. I'll provide an update on my progress at the end of the month. :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Hi OP. Just wanted to jump into this thread to say...you have a perfect body for putting on a little size b/c your body fat is so low...awesome "starting" point.

Oh, and definitely check out Stephanielynn76's blog if you haven't yet!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stephanielynn76

Good luck with your bulk phase!

Thank you, I will definitely check out that blog. I appreciate the help very much!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    The only difference from a male to a female is the capacity to build muscle a day/month/year etc. So i would suggest to do a very slow bulk so you dont add 2 much fat.

.5lb - 1lb a month is probably about right , anyways good luck!
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to comment OP you look fantastic!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I would love to ask YOU some advice! Seriously. You look AMAZING and where I want to be.
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Bumping to follow.
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Bumping for my future reference!
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    I would love to ask YOU some advice! Seriously. You look AMAZING and where I want to be.

Ask away. :)
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I started bulking, kinda fell into by accident, and i love it! I spent many months (about 7) working on my form , low weights, really getting the lifting form as perfect as i could, geting stable, getting solid core strength. Now i do 3 days a week overall fitness workouts, low weights high reps, cardio type stuff. 2 days a week i lift HEAVY , with trainers. Because i spent so long on form, i'm able to pack on the weight and keep increasing , and in just several months my musles have gotten huge! I only work with trainers, for safety and to have them watch my form and they keep me on a solid program. I have a goal to compete in powerlifting some day , hopefully soon!
    Nutritionally, i dont know what my macros are, i think maybe 60/30/10 ? I try to eat at maintennce, or a little under. I eat only fresh organic healthy foods. i have added protein everywhere i can to my diet, clean healthy protein in lean meats and proteins and grains, i also add protein powder to my day, and meals, keep my protein coming in steadily throughout the day. I take BCAA's , glutamine before and after my workouts. I also take vitamins, fish oil, glucosomine, etc. I drink lots and lots of water.
    The heavy lifting is what bulked me up, but the fitness days are what keep my form solid.
    I dont know if i'm doing it right or not, but i'm bulked up enough that my boyfriend says "Girls aren't supposed to have muscles" The pic in my profile is before i started lifting heavy, i got a big more bulk on me these days. Hope this helps! And you already look great in your pic!!
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Just have to say, OMG YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! My goodness!
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Thank you Sonya for sharing your experience with me. I'm going to look into a few of the supplements you mentioned. I originally started lifting using the Starting Strength program but found myself pushing weight increases at the expense of form. About a month ago I decided to decrease my weights for the squat and dead lift primarily and focus on form with higher reps. It was the right thing for me to do, and I'm almost back at the weights I was lifting but with higher reps and much better form.

Please keep me posted on your powerlifting progress, that's an amazing goal. :)
  • Barbellgirl
    Options
    Just have to say, OMG YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! My goodness!

Thank you very much. :)
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Jumping on the follow train.
  • maruby95
    maruby95 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    In to follow. I've been wanting to bulk for a while, but am not confident in my ability to do so well. I just don't know how much lifting volume is ideal for gains without overtraining. Eager to watch someone bulk well :).
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    You'd need to look into 'reverse dieting' for going for a bulk from a weight loss... Personally, I'd love to help but I don't have the knowledge of reverse dieting as of yet... Have been looking into it though to learn
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    In to follow. I've been wanting to bulk for a while, but am not confident in my ability to do so well. I just don't know how much lifting volume is ideal for gains without overtraining. Eager to watch someone bulk well :).

It is very difficult to overtrain when you are bulking. You pretty much have to set out with a goal to overtrain in order to make it happen, even then, you still may not be successful at doing so.

Think working the same muscles heavy day after day for an extended period of time. Anything less than that is unlikely to lead to overtraining while in a surplus.
  • Barbellgirl
    Options

I actually just switched my weight training up this week. I went from a four time a week (M/Tu/Th/F) to a three time a week lifting schedule (M/W/F). I added another set, and a few more isolation exercises at the end. I'm feeling like I can push longer and harder now and the day in between is definitely important for recovery.
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Just bumping to follow thread; great info so far. :)