What annoying comments did you get from your weight loss?

Options

Replies

• HelllYeaHH
    HelllYeaHH Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Untitled%284%29.jpg
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I always looked at the positive. If people were commenting on my weight (even if it was negative), I took it as a win because obviously I was doing something right because people were noticing. I did lose friends but who cares? I made new friends...
  • TLei6h
    Options
    everyone is pretty supportive of me here. but I get the odd, "you don't want lose too much weight just the little pouch you have left over from the baby." from the FIL. while I try to tone my legs and arms. or " you cant eat that there's so much calories" or " you cant eat bread while you are trying to lose weight" from my mom. or" your not doing those right your suposto have your legs straight" from someone who doesn't exercise at all.
  • Roxanne_Hennessy
    Roxanne_Hennessy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Getting some "Can I have all your fat clothes?" from a co-worker
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    "Wow, you've really gotten in shape!"

"No, no, you don't have to put your shirt on."

Oh, so very annoying . . .
  • LadyMustard
    LadyMustard Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    From a coworker (after noticing I had 3 chicken wings in my lunch): "OMG BECKY! Giving up on your diet already?"
    Um...no. Unlike in the past when my husband and I could finish an order of 25 wings in a night, it now takes us two days to work through a box of 10 between the two of us. Honestly, it looks like a lifestyle change to me, thank you very much.

From my mom (this made me feel awesome, although a little weird):
    (keep in mind, I've always been bigger than mom. She was at 195lbs at the time)
    Mom: "I don't want you to catch up with me... I give up, give me some tips. I could stand to lose a bit more weight. "
    Me: "But mom, I thought that you said that you were old and you want to eat whatever you want and you don't care any more."
    Mom: "That was before it started looking like you were gonna beat me. If you can do it, I know I can do it. You inspired me."

I proceeded to explain smaller portion sizes, healthy substitutions, and what to look for on labels.

And then she lost 25lbs over the next 3 months. ^o^ I keep telling her that I still beat her though because I lost more weight total and I go to the gym, and now she's looking into going to the gym 3 days a week on top of the healthier eating she's been doing. Sometimes having a stubborn streak that runs in the blood can be a good thing. ;)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I literally just had a client walk into the office and ask me if I was losing weight on purpose or was I sick? She then proceeded to tell me I look gaunt and need to stop losing NOW. She then repeated herself to me in case I didn't hear "really, you need to STOP NOW"

I've had very few negative comments but this one really pissed me off. Who the hell does she think she is to say something like that to someone she doesn't know?
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    "You know, you really just need to love and accept yourself, then you don't have to diet." Um, no...i can love and accept myself, but refuse to accept the weight I've picked up...Healthy is better.

"You've been starving yourself all day, you can afford to have a cookie." If I want one, and I have calories left over, then I will, thanks. Otherwise, leave me alone.

"You are already married!" As if catching a man makes me want to let it all go?

"I would love to be your size!" Great, hop on the elliptical with me and get there yourself...personally, I'd like to have the size I was 5 years ago.

"A woman is SUPPOSED to have curves." Wonderful...I'd like mine to be slightly smaller, if you please.

My favorite was from my dad...weird..."You should be proud you're built like your mother! Girls are supposed to jiggle!" ARGH! It burns!

On the flip side though...but equally weird...from my son were sort of words of encouragement..."Mom, can you stop dieting? My friends think you are hot."
  • absurdic
    absurdic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    "You're eating right, aren't you?" From my very concerned dad.
    "You've lost so much weight, when are you going to realize that it's enough?"
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    - "Are you sick?"

- "You're wasting away!"

My favorite = "you're not a bear anymore"

Haha!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I got told that I need to stop and that I look sick !

I'm not even to goal yet.
    Close but not yet !

I use to weigh much less than this.

^ EXACTLY THIS. "You really should stop. You dont want to look SICK. That would be GROSS."

Coming from the 82 pound lady....

:huh:
  • BattleTaxi
    BattleTaxi Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    "Shouldn't you be losing more since you're still big??"

"Why are you trying to lose weight, you look good the way you are." (My BF% is 43%...)

"You need to learn to love yourself for who you are!"

"Are you depressed??"

"Isn't that bad for your diet??"

"Are you sure you should be eating that?"

"That's all you lost this week?"

"You should cut back on your calories."

"Maybe you should do another exercise after you eat dinner, then you'll lose more."

:/
  • bfpower
    bfpower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Wow, people are pretty rude. I haven't gotten any negative comments, and I get positive ones from people close enough to notice.

I've gone from 210 down to 185, then gained/lost/gained/lost and am now at 191. Halfway to my goal of 170.
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    A friend told me I don't need to lose anymore, that I just need to tighten up...hello, that's why I do weight training. I am 5'3" and weigh in at 171 but I am what people may call big boned, and I am not flabby, so it may not look as bad to most. However, I am considered overweight for my height, and I want to be healthy and my goal is 140. Though when I was in the 140's in 2004, this same friend told my I need to put on back some weight. I think he is probably just a chubby chaser. Oh well, I am happily married.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I tend to have the opposite issue. I am currently trying to gain weight via muscle mass, but avoiding a dirty bulk. I get all excited when the scale goes up, only to have someone make a comment about how thin, skinny, scrawny I am. Grrrr
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    "You're tiny!"
    "Here, have a cupcake" or "_You_ should finish (XYZ unhealthy fatty/sugary food). You are small!"
  • Alisontheice
    Alisontheice Posts: 9,624 Member
    Options
    I actually got the "Are you ok, is there something you're not telling me" from my mother-in-law the other day.

She then questioned me extensively as to why I want to lose weight. Um because I am overweight and 40 and it only gets tougher from here on out so might as well do it now! :)

She also told me to not lose too much because I don't want to be too skinny. Then she tried to get me to eat.
  • butterpecan_ts
    butterpecan_ts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    "i could never do that"
    "A little bit isn't gonna hurt you"
    "Oh, I found this diet that will help you lose x amount of weight"
    And my favorite...

"when are you planning on stopping?"

I had to give up added sugars due to a hormone imbalance, not for weightloss, though weightloss is a nice side effect. :tongue: No matter how often I explain that to them, they say that ridiculous stuff.

I don't recall asking you to give up sugar. And my health is way more important than dessert. Why in the world would I try another diet when I am stuck to this one? Why would I start eating sugar when it was the reason I was thrown off balance in the first place?
  • Princess_Lee2013
    Princess_Lee2013 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    From family members: "You know your diet will change again after the wedding"
    Aunt: "you're going to be just like your mum, losing it and gaining it losing it and gaining it!"
    Then financee now husband reacting to me in a xs pink cami, about 10 lbs out from goal " you're just not there yet"
    Husband: "if you go out and drink you'll just get fat again"
    Husband "you have no boobs!"

Gah! So annoying!
  • Monikiki87
    Monikiki87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Them: "how much weight have you lost?"
    Me: "20 pounds! :)"
    Them: " oh twenty little pounds""
    Me : ????